Will...I am your Father!

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
JaggedEdge

Re: Will...I am your Father!

Postby JaggedEdge » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:26 am

Lucas has been disrespected since the new writing team took over. It doesn't surprise me that Marlena and Sami are taking the lead on this with Lucas being the forgotten man in Will's life.

eli10

Postby eli10 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:01 am

[quote="Irish17"]Why hasn't anyone told Lucas that his son is alive? Lucas should have been told IMMEDIATELY but this is the Sami Brady show so letting Lucas know takes a back seat. This is so wrong.

I'd also like to know why Roman isn't more involved. Will is his grandson but the only person to talk to Roman about any of it has been Marlena. Does Roman know Will is alive?

Throw us a bone here![/quote

It is called soap on a budget there is absolutely no reason that Lucas & Roman & Kate shouldn't be there saying the same over & over again. I know that Sami is the Mom here but enough, and poor Paul he should just go home and let Sonny maybe remember that he is alive. Wow I guess Sonny isn't conflicted but I'm sure TPTB will make him that later

delyla

Postby delyla » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:29 am

eli10 wrote:
Irish17 wrote:Why hasn't anyone told Lucas that his son is alive? Lucas should have been told IMMEDIATELY but this is the Sami Brady show so letting Lucas know takes a back seat. This is so wrong.

I'd also like to know why Roman isn't more involved. Will is his grandson but the only person to talk to Roman about any of it has been Marlena. Does Roman know Will is alive?

Throw us a bone here![/quote

It is called soap on a budget there is absolutely no reason that Lucas & Roman & Kate shouldn't be there saying the same over & over again. I know that Sami is the Mom here but enough, and poor Paul he should just go home and let Sonny maybe remember that he is alive. Wow I guess Sonny isn't conflicted but I'm sure TPTB will make him that later

You are exactly right! I've read before that the soap cannot afford to have certain actors in the same scenes because of the budget. I get it! But for goodness sake - write into the script explanations as to why his father and other grandmother are not there. Pick up the phone and call them. We don't have to see their faces.

Irish17

Postby Irish17 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Ok we're getting closer. Roman was with Sami today when they visited Abe at the hospital. Very nice touch. I'm still wondering how it's possible that even Abe, who is going through so much right now, knew that Will is alive and in Salem, but Will's own father Lucas and his grandma Kate still haven't been told. This is so wrong to me.

lemonade890

Re: Will...I am your Fat

Postby lemonade890 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:15 am

When Sam and Abe went to visit Theo in the hospital,Roman told Abe that he was going go out the room,and cal Caroline

Aplepie

Postby Aplepie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:48 pm

JaggedEdge wrote:Lucas has been disrespected since the new writing team took over. It doesn't surprise me that Marlena and Sami are taking the lead on this with Lucas being the forgotten man in Will's life.

I don't know if I would agree that Lucas has been disrespected. I certainly think that the writers have been good to Bryan Dattillo. They have given this actor good material portraying Lucas in his drunken grief. I was wondering if BD was on vacation while these scenes were done. His reunion with Will promises to be some really heart tugging drama, whether Will embraces him or is disgusted by him. Lots of drama to come.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:59 pm

Aplepie wrote:[

I don't know if I would agree that Lucas has been disrespected. I certainly think that the writers have been good to Bryan Dattillo. They have given this actor good material portraying Lucas in his drunken grief. I was wondering if BD was on vacation while these scenes were done. His reunion with Will promises to be some really heart tugging drama, whether Will embraces him or is disgusted by him. Lots of drama to come.

You are getting the actor confused with the character. BD won't be reuniting with Will, Lucas will. I didn't say the writers were not good to BD. I said they aren't good to Lucas. While BD is getting more work, it is LUCAS who went from a father managing the grief associated with his son's death to a sloppy drunk ignored by family.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”