Gabi History with Will & More

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
BrendaMorganQ

Re: Gabi History with Will & More

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 pm

EJAMI5555 wrote:A few people from social media felt like they acknowledge Will from Gabi's past, but they don't acknowledge Chad's high school history with her. :|
They are saying, with Will, it's true. With Chad, it was not real.

I am like shaking my head! Do they know that 100% of things are made up. Inserted in too!!! I feel like they are hating on CABI! :roll:

I was watching then and yes CHABI dated in high school. The freaky thing there is that Chad was in love with Mia who had his child while he was away at drug rehab. When he got back he couldn't understand why Mia wouldn't give him the time of day plus Will had won her heart. He turned his attention to Gabi. Then the truth came out and he wanted Mia again but she didn't want to hurt Will. What a mess. They both played games and started using Gabi & Will against the other. That may be why some board posters and social mediaist (my word) have a hard time buying CHABI as a great love story. After Grace died who was switched by Nicole for Sydney (Sami's baby with EJ), both Will and Chad were broken and Gabi wasn't helping either one pick up the pieces. Gabi was too busy trying to keep her sister from returning to what she believed was a life of drug dealing.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm

JaggedEdge wrote:
Princessrose17 wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:Speaking for myself, I guess the reason I don't recall the special relationship that Gabi and Chad had in high school, is because BF wasn't playing Chad back then, and although the actor was young and cute, he didn't bring what BF brings as Chad, and when BF and KM became a couple, it's like "who was Chad back in high school?" cause BF's Chad is a WHOLE lot different than the first Chad.

You are exactly right. Chad and Gabi were both played by different people. They had very little history as a couple. Imo it was not necessary to make up a fake history and flashbacks to sell them as a couple.

But do you think it was necessary to make up fake scenes between Rolf, Susan and Chandler Massey's Will? Because Will died, and we SAW that, yet Carlivati just showed us that Rolf and Susan came in after Will died, found a pulse and gave him a drug that would lower his heart beat so that he could revive him at the morgue. All of THAT was fake scenes added, and NO one is having a fit about it.
Dena wasn't trying to SELL Chabi as a couple. They already had an incredible friendship required to be a couple.

For me, fake S/L scenes like this, don't bother me because they're necessary to pull off whatever S/L they're trying to re-event. But, when it comes to love and favorite couples, fake scenes that are created after the fact, that we never saw, because the writers are trying to push forward a particular couple, grates on people's nerves, because we invest in the couples we favor and know their histories.

I'm sure EVERYONE that's watched Bope over the years, can recount each and every scene they've seen. :D If the writers threw in a love story for either Bo or Hope, that we knew not to be true, you'd be seeing the same kind of reaction. For some reason, we love our Soap Couples! :lol:

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:32 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
For me, fake S/L scenes like this, don't bother me because they're necessary to pull off whatever S/L they're trying to re-event. But, when it comes to love and favorite couples, fake scenes that are created after the fact, that we never saw, because the writers are trying to push forward a particular couple, grates on people's nerves, because we invest in the couples we favor and know their histories.

I'm sure EVERYONE that's watched Bope over the years, can recount each and every scene they've seen. :D If the writers threw in a love story for either Bo or Hope, that we knew not to be true, you'd be seeing the same kind of reaction. For some reason, we love our Soap Couples! :lol:

Chabi fans love them too. We invested in them too. We waited YEARS for a writer to reunite them because we know their history of love and friendship and wanted their love story written.
And your comment only supports my initial comment that Chabby fans deny Chabi's history and have a huge problem with the baseball scenes because they don't want to acknowledge their connection. Don't if it hurts that much. I know Chad and Gabi have a strong chemistry with or without baseball flashbacks. :mrgreen:
I would rather see a couple of cute scenes between them than the crap we saw the other day where Rolf found Will almost dead and revived him. BS he was dead.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:38 am

Yes, JaggedEdge :) CABI has a strong chemistry...more so than with sweet Abigail. What Abigail needs is a man! Thought EJ could rock her world ;) I feel like Stefan or maybe Andre can do that! Abby has gotten close to Andre, hmmm....

feisty51

Postby feisty51 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:19 am

Seeing Gabi in scenes with Will today just reminded me how little focus she's gotten in the storyline. Maybe that'll change since Will is in Salem. You would think her and Sonny would be interacting more as well.

Poor Lucas! I almost forgot about him. Kate and Will's scenes will interesting.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”