Maybe a Spoiler @BOPE/BOHOPE

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
YandR and Days

Re: Maybe a Spoiler @BOPE/BOHOPE

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:25 pm

I wonder who they will pair Hope up with now? Not another new comer, we all saw how well that worked out with Aiden. :roll:

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:33 pm

LuvBoHope wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:
LuvBoHope wrote:Best post in a LONG time - I'd be back watching DAYS regularly again if that were to happen (love you pointed out "semi" retirement since that's what he's indicated it is - says he's not done with acting, etc.)! It would indeed be amazing to have Bo back AND the "real" Hope!

As long as Hope is on the show Bo's presence is felt IMO (and vice versa if it were turned around as it has been in the past)! I, honestly, never watch anymore and have NO interest in what Sami or Rafe do and won't tune back in for any of that mess I've been reading about in spoilers between them, but I'm ALWAYS interested in what would happen with Hope and would be ecstatic to learn if Bo would return for her (and with Ciara returning things have a "chance" of being interesting for her & Hope as well IF the writing is good this time)! I'll stay tuned keeping up so you folks please keep these possibilities out there - don't post often since nothing I read about is enticing or luring me back to the viewing audience - but I'm always reading boards & spoilers "hoping" for something interesting (like this post definitely caught my eye LOL)!

So glad you responded...
The end of ROPE is worth celebrating.
Here's to getting out girl back on track and giving us the Hope Alice Williams Brady back in the flesh that we have loved to watch and not this weak can't live without a man easy to bed woman have been forced to endure for the last 8 years.

So true and well said! I'll keep reading so you keep me up with anything worth tuning in to see might happen (like I read last week Rafe was going to say "I'll never be Bo" AND that Hope was breaking off with him - I'd LOVE to see those episodes if there's a heads-up)! Thx!

Will give you the date as soon as it airs.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:36 pm

mauimama wrote:
Shadowcat99 wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:
But Sami could actually do the unthinkable and come home to have the baby and agree to let Rafe raise him/her in Salem to prevent a custody battle. And to make sure that he doesn't take any unnecessary risks while she is off finding a way back to normal or continuing to hunt for EJ. Will is alive, EJ may be as well, this might kick her back into search and rescue gear.

Very good point. And then we'd get to watch Rafe as a single dad. I would actually be interested to see how that story would play out.

The only problem I see with Rafe being a single dad???? Hope would step back into his orbit again- wanting him back and to play "mama" to his baby (would Sami have a hissy fit with that??? lol)

Not with Ciara home she won't. She still feels guilty for not being there when she was raped and realized that she had not been giving her family the attention that they needed. If Theo is killed off, she will need to be there for Ciara and Claire and Abe. It's Sami's baby so Marlena would be the one stepping in to help out along with Roman and the rest of the clan. She doesn't even seem interested in going back to diaper changing - look at her face each time he brings up children.

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm

mauimama wrote:
Shadowcat99 wrote:
BrendaMorganQ wrote:
But Sami could actually do the unthinkable and come home to have the baby and agree to let Rafe raise him/her in Salem to prevent a custody battle. And to make sure that he doesn't take any unnecessary risks while she is off finding a way back to normal or continuing to hunt for EJ. Will is alive, EJ may be as well, this might kick her back into search and rescue gear.

Very good point. And then we'd get to watch Rafe as a single dad. I would actually be interested to see how that story would play out.

The only problem I see with Rafe being a single dad???? Hope would step back into his orbit again- wanting him back and to play "mama" to his baby (would Sami have a hissy fit with that??? lol)

Certainly not interested in watching ANY of that - Rafe the single dad to Sami's baby OR Hope involved with him/baby AT ALL! VERY unappealing sl's IMO - ONLY care to see him saying "I'll never be Bo" (understatement of the decade), Hope ending it with him and, of course, the BEST CASE SCENARIO - a Bo return! I'll keep reading!

Thx to "shadowcat" for any exciting heads-up!

jaws63

Postby jaws63 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:44 am

I see this Rafe/Hope break up(if you want to call it that) as a combination of playing with fan wishes and experimenting with what TPTB have. We know Peter Reckell will NOT return full time, and that's not saying that he wouldn't return for a visit(ghostly or otherwise). TPTB need to know for absolute certainty that PR's departure is for sure permanent before going forward with any Bo related story.

Now I'm somewhat on the fence about a recast of Bo's character...I think a successful recast for Bo is debatable. With the right actor, i could see a story similar to John Black's story with the "face in bandages" and the viewers having to guess as to whom our mystery guy is, because Bo was the type of character you just can't replace and expect the audience to buy it....but again it "must" be done with the right actor or it will not work.

jaws63

Postby jaws63 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:19 am

jaws63 wrote:I see this Rafe/Hope break up(if you want to call it that) as a combination of playing with fan wishes and experimenting with what TPTB have. We know Peter Reckell will NOT return full time, and that's not saying that he wouldn't return for a visit(ghostly or otherwise). TPTB need to know for absolute certainty that PR's departure is for sure permanent before going forward with any Bo related story.

Now I'm somewhat on the fence about a recast of Bo's character...I think a successful recast for Bo is debatable. With the right actor, i could see a story similar to John Black's story with the "face in bandages" and the viewers having to guess as to whom our mystery guy is, because Bo was the type of character you just can't replace and expect the audience to buy it....but again it "must" be done with the right actor or it will not work.

Sorry, I had to abruptly end my last post, to continue.

The Bo/Hope pairing was successful because there was good "believable"conflict between Bo and Hope, KA does her best acting when she is in conflict with her love interest...that's why her and Aiden worked. The reason it doesn't work with her and Rafe is because there was nothing(nada), that made me feel they became deservent of each other. They met, dated, and went to bed...boring, sad too, I do think Rafe and Hope do have chemistryI(but it's forced). A really good example of what I mean is you could pair Hope with Andre. Hope/Andre also have great chemistry, but that chemistry is correlated to the conflicts between them. This being said I honestly think Bo could very well be recast, but TPTB(and the fans) need to be on the same page...."the original actor is no longer available."

Return to “Days of Our Lives”