LOL - "Poor" Rafe is getting it from all sides

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
AlyH

Re: LOL - "Poor" Rafe is getting it from all sides

Postby AlyH » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:59 pm

Rafe was my favorite male lead on days. However When the writers paired him with hope he went south to me. He began doing things out of character and catering to her royal highness. I began to dislike him immensely. He turned smug and arrogant. But.....if he were to leave hope-less I would be all for him with Sami or anyone else that elevates his innate good nature. Hope
Just ruined it for me. I’m all for a redeemed
Rafe. My opinion is hope is hopeless forever. I’m done with her.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Yeah but Rafe was corrupt when he was with Sami too, he was always busy putting out her fires! :lol: I'd like to see him with someone decent, like Jordan was.

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:16 pm

YandR and Days wrote:Yeah but Rafe was corrupt when he was with Sami too, he was always busy putting out her fires! :lol: I'd like to see him with someone decent, like Jordan was.

Yikes not me. Did
Not care for her all all. No chemistry. She was in the words of Susan “bland bland
Bland”
:lol:

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:25 am

YandR and Days wrote:
JaggedEdge wrote:I wish someone would tell me what Rafe has done to be hated so much by the fans. I see a lot of it for this character on this site and others, and don't get it. He's no better or worse than any of the others. So what gives?

From my experience, a lot of Rafe Hate began when EJami's wanted Sami with EJ rather than Rafe. I was on the EJami ship at one point and time, simply because the star of the show, Sami's Days of Our Lives, was better and somewhat more sophisticated with EJ than with anyone else she'd been with and IF I had to watch Sami's DOOL, I tolerated her with EJ.

There was a big time Safe vs EJami war, and I think the hate residual for Rafe, was because of it. I've enjoyed him since he moved on from Sami myself, he and Jordan were ok, he and Kate were HOT, and I would have liked to see him with Blanca or Bianca, his mom's friend.

BUT, we got stuck with Rafe and Hope, and for me, it's HOPE that I can't tolerate, I think Rafe will be just fine and much more likeable without her. I'm glad he and Sami are going to get together, but I do NOT want Sami hanging around! :lol:

So this is all about EJ and certain fans who wanted him with Sami? Good grief! Rafe and Sami haven't been together in YEARS, so I really don't understand why EJ fans are still threatened by Rafe. As you said, the writers moved him on to other people. He's a great looking guy, and he's tries to be decent. EJ is dead and Rafe was not a threat to him when he was alive. If anything, his fans should be happy that Rafe was a great stepfather to EJ's children, to the point where he maintained a wonderful bond with them after he and Sami broke up.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:26 am

JaggedEdge wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:
JaggedEdge wrote:I wish someone would tell me what Rafe has done to be hated so much by the fans. I see a lot of it for this character on this site and others, and don't get it. He's no better or worse than any of the others. So what gives?

From my experience, a lot of Rafe Hate began when EJami's wanted Sami with EJ rather than Rafe. I was on the EJami ship at one point and time, simply because the star of the show, Sami's Days of Our Lives, was better and somewhat more sophisticated with EJ than with anyone else she'd been with and IF I had to watch Sami's DOOL, I tolerated her with EJ.

There was a big time Safe vs EJami war, and I think the hate residual for Rafe, was because of it. I've enjoyed him since he moved on from Sami myself, he and Jordan were ok, he and Kate were HOT, and I would have liked to see him with Blanca or Bianca, his mom's friend.

BUT, we got stuck with Rafe and Hope, and for me, it's HOPE that I can't tolerate, I think Rafe will be just fine and much more likeable without her. I'm glad he and Sami are going to get together, but I do NOT want Sami hanging around! :lol:

So this is all about EJ and certain fans who wanted him with Sami? Good grief! Rafe and Sami haven't been together in YEARS, so I really don't understand why EJ fans are still threatened by Rafe. As you said, the writers moved him on to other people. He's a great looking guy, and he's tries to be decent. EJ is dead and Rafe was not a threat to him when he was alive. If anything, his fans should be happy that Rafe was a great stepfather to EJ's children, to the point where he maintained a wonderful bond with them after he and Sami broke up.

Yep, I think that the EJami fans still carry over the hate for Rafe and some can't allow themselves to like him. :D It was the same way when Sami was with Lucas, the Lumi fans hated the EJami fans, silly fan wars.

Lord ONLY knows why Sami seemed/seems to be the most popular woman on Days! :mrgreen:

I liked Rafe best when he was managing Belle's? bar, The Edge, or whatever name it was, he looked HOT!!! And he was much more likeable and easy going to me.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:39 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
Yep, I think that the EJami fans still carry over the hate for Rafe and some can't allow themselves to like him. :D It was the same way when Sami was with Lucas, the Lumi fans hated the EJami fans, silly fan wars.

Lord ONLY knows why Sami seemed/seems to be the most popular woman on Days! :mrgreen:

I liked Rafe best when he was managing Belle's? bar, The Edge, or whatever name it was, he looked HOT!!! And he was much more likeable and easy going to me.

I've always liked Rafe. I became disappointed in him when he was trying to please Sami by covering some of her crap and again with Hope and her major crimes. Overall however, I think he's a good man, and deserves some happiness of his own.
It doesn't make sense to me that Ejami fans would not like Rafe. If anything, it's the SAFE and LUMI fans who should have the problem because EJ interfered in Sami and Lucas' marriage and later Rafe and Sami's. Or hate Sami (as I do) for cheating on Rafe with EJ and leaving him. That's why I'm not happy about the intimate scenes between Rafe and Sami this week. He should never let her near him again.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:31 pm

I truly think the writers were trying to satisfy fan bases. They knew that AS was a draw for fans and they didn't want to p*ss either side off, so they had her go back and forth. Remember she left EJ at the alter once for Rafe, it was just a horrible time but I'm glad the Sami Character is gone, and will be leaving again soon. I'd much rather watch characters of substance, with good S/L's, that Sami screaming and carrying on like a banchee. :D

ghfan1985

Postby ghfan1985 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:59 pm

mauimama wrote:He's getting hit 3 ways to Sunday and back --- First Hope's got him licking her butt while she's up on her high horse, Eli's not taking any crap from him, and Gabi isn't either! I can't feel sorry for him--- he's being pussssssss whipped by Hope, Eli is NOT his lakey, and Gabi's not a little kid that he can boss around anymore.

missed this topic, yes, you are right, and you are also right that he was out of line with Gabi and Eli, who were very patient with him. As for his lady love, it was his choice to morph into Mr. Hope Brady!!

Return to “Days of Our Lives”