Soaps these days are making villians so bad that they are making me tune out and very angry

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfan1985

Soaps these days are making villians so bad that they are making me tune out and very angry

Postby ghfan1985 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:01 pm

I couldn't stand Raines. he was so over the top. WHO THE HELL would want to work for HIM? He must have made EVERYONE miserable to the point of mutiny. Anyway, he became strictly FF material for me. Glad he is gone, but why was he on to begin with? Ditto Deimos. Ditto Victor. Ditto Victor on Y&R. Ditto Bill on B&B. Ditto Sonny on GH.

Note to writers, when the villains really get nasty, I just can't watch, nor do I want to be led like a dog on a leash as you kick the can down the road, and keep promising me "just see where this goes" while I used to watch every day for months and years on end. I know by now things just get dropped or not satisfactorily resolved much of the time. I know now that if I like I story I watch, and if it goes south to then pull the plug, even if they won't. I will tune back in when the good stuff begins airing, cuz most of what's on now is not good at all... oh, and I KNOW the new writer already began airing.. but still waiting (but with the TV off, not while watching all the bad episodes) for all this good stuff that is supposedly happening. And no, the return of that b*tch, Kristen, another villain, is NOT it!

AnneM127

Re: Soaps these days are making villians so bad that they are making me tune out and very angry

Postby AnneM127 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:42 am

See, I think the villains are very amateurish. Makes me miss Ben Weston, Serena dontknowherlastname, Teresa Donovan b/f she became nice, and of course....KRISTEN. Even Clyde was a bit interesting as you wondered whether he might go legit to be with Kate. Xander was too opaque, just brought in to be a total jerk, so to me he was not as interesting as some of the other characters.

2Wildroses

Re: Soaps these days are making villians so bad that they are making me tune out and very angry

Postby 2Wildroses » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:38 am

If Rains had not became a crook, I thought he was a good Police chief.

Dexter Fan

Postby Dexter Fan » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Agreed, Raines was a good police chief! But, it's the rotten crook side! He was great in his part though! But, only poor Angelica lately has paid for her crimes, having the heart attack! Now, you know, I do miss her acting!! :P

Blonde Angel

Postby Blonde Angel » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:53 pm

It's too bad that they write into any decent villian into a corner killing them or putting them in prison forever and villian like Andre, Kate and Victor have been mellowed so much that's it's a joke now... Ithink Deimos was the last true villian we had as a major character before he was killed off..if written differently I believe he could have been redeemed yet still keep that bad streak...just an example

Return to “Days of Our Lives”