Gabi Sees Eli As Her Hero......Eeek!!!

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Blue Luna

Re: Gabi Sees Eli As Her Hero......Eeek!!!

Postby Blue Luna » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:52 pm

txwildcat wrote:
Blue Luna wrote:I hope they don't move Gabi quickly into a relationship with anyone . She is a great character and can stAnd on her own .She doesn't need to be dating anyone right now. She needs to focus on her and Ari and her career.

I like Eli and think he would be ok for Gabi but I like Eli and Lani better. Not a fan of JJ and Lani. I feel like JJ has issues and not convinced that JJ really wants Lani . I feel like Eli and Gabi would bump ethics too much cause he is a great cop who isn't caught up in the Brady nepotism system and Gabi's family is riddled with possible conflicts.

Bring on on the happy singles with some character and personal growth.

You make some very interesting points and I can see where you're coming from. I hadn't considered that GEli might "bump ethics" but it is entirely possible that they would.

Thanks. I am just ready for a gradual romance. Not this jumping from one person to the next available kinda thing. DOOL could build a good foundation for several different romances if they took the time t build backstory and shared experiences etc. They really built Hope and Bo. It was gradual and super romantic. Or they could go the route of more subtle building like I think I have seen with Eli and Lani.

txwildcat

Postby txwildcat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Shadowcat99 wrote:
lurker girl wrote:I've liked Gabi with Eli for quite some time now, and, no, it isn't to keep her from Chad. Unless she is pregnant by him, she and Chad are through. I'm no Abby fan, but if that is what the writers want, so be it. I think - Geli? - would make a hot couple. Lani is o.k., but she's a bit bland, IMO.

I'm with you on this 100%. I'm sick of people saying that they're sick of fans wanting to see this couple together just to keep Gabi and Chad apart, because that's not my reasoning either and it's rude to even make a comment like that. Personally, I think these two have great chemistry, and it will provide for some great story when Julie finds herself trying to keep these two apart. It will give Julie airtime and in the end it will cause people to care about these characters.

:lol: ... Julie's reaction to GEli would be epic. It would make for some good soap drama if the writers played their cards right. As I said before, I think GEli has a very nice chemistry. And, for the most part, they seem more evenly matched. And, as you said, the "Nick situation" will provide the necessary friction to keep the couple interesting.

Like many others, I just like the idea of the couple. It has nothing to do with keeping Gabi from Chad. I don't even think that Gabi needs to be in a relationship to either keep her from Chad or keep Chad from her. Quickly pairing Gabi with somebody in order to secure Chabby simply is not necessary. I think that, at whatever point Gabi moves on with Eli or whoever, it will be because she's ready to do just that... move on with her life. JMHO.

Shadowcat99

Postby Shadowcat99 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:07 pm

txwildcat wrote:
Shadowcat99 wrote:
lurker girl wrote:I've liked Gabi with Eli for quite some time now, and, no, it isn't to keep her from Chad. Unless she is pregnant by him, she and Chad are through. I'm no Abby fan, but if that is what the writers want, so be it. I think - Geli? - would make a hot couple. Lani is o.k., but she's a bit bland, IMO.

I'm with you on this 100%. I'm sick of people saying that they're sick of fans wanting to see this couple together just to keep Gabi and Chad apart, because that's not my reasoning either and it's rude to even make a comment like that. Personally, I think these two have great chemistry, and it will provide for some great story when Julie finds herself trying to keep these two apart. It will give Julie airtime and in the end it will cause people to care about these characters.

:lol: ... Julie's reaction to GEli would be epic. It would make for some good soap drama if the writers played their cards right. As I said before, I think GEli has a very nice chemistry. And, for the most part, they seem more evenly matched. And, as you said, the "Nick situation" will provide the necessary friction to keep the couple interesting.

Like many others, I just like the idea of the couple. It has nothing to do with keeping Gabi from Chad. I don't even think that Gabi needs to be in a relationship to either keep her from Chad or keep Chad from her. Quickly pairing Gabi with somebody in order to secure Chabby simply is not necessary. I think that, at whatever point Gabi moves on with Eli or whoever, it will be because she's ready to do just that... move on with her life. JMHO.

I agree wholeheartedly with EVERYTHING you said.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:28 pm

Blue Luna wrote:Just hope they don't try and get her back together with Will. That would incredibly lame and if Gabi can pull Eli well she can do a lot better than Will. Just saying.

Will is gay, I don't think he'd be interested in Gabi. :lol:

Blue Luna

Postby Blue Luna » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:13 pm

YandR and Days wrote:
Blue Luna wrote:Just hope they don't try and get her back together with Will. That would incredibly lame and if Gabi can pull Eli well she can do a lot better than Will. Just saying.

I hope he stays gay YandR. I actually am enjoying having this type (gay/homosexual) of dynamic on DOOL and nothing against Bi-people cause I get that and all. I just don't want him to come back and -how convenient- Gabi and he get back together.

I think I am sounding whiny. :? And this is prolly a whine. :lol: It would be cool if they could expand the gay presence and not just have it revolve forever around Sonny and Paul.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Maybe Henry. And the hunk who worked at Salem Inn - had a couple dates with Paul.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:02 am

I think Eli is Gabi's solution to moving on. Yeah it's hard, but what can I say. In time, she will be free with him. Yesterday, Chad did not have Gabi on his mind. Clearly he has moved on.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:03 am

YandR and Days wrote:

Never say never...but I think we don't have to worry!

txwildcat

Postby txwildcat » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:19 am

EJAMI5555 wrote:I think Eli is Gabi's solution to moving on. Yeah it's hard, but what can I say. In time, she will be free with him. Yesterday, Chad did not have Gabi on his mind. Clearly he has moved on.

Yes, I noticed (and, in fact, watched for) Chad's reaction as well. It's likely plenty of viewers did, especially those of us who are not at all impressed with the "with this one longing for that one" nonsense we/Abby/Gabi endured over the last months. As you said, he has clearly moved on, and I hope the writers won't torture the character Gabi by having her endlessly pining for Chad now that he has moved on in other directions with his life.

Gabi is one of the show's more vibrant characters and she needs to be moved on to find a mate who is for her and her alone. That man may be Eli... or Eli may just be a stop along Gabi's path to true love. Either way, it's time to move on.

JaggedEdge

Postby JaggedEdge » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:22 pm

From what I've read, Chandler may not be Will, but another character who looks likes him. If that really is the case, then Gabi could end up with him. I hope not because I want her with Tyler Christopher's new character. They would be the hottest couple on the show, and definitely one Carlivati would write for because he adores the two actors involved. Eli belongs with Lanie. The chemistry is great, and JJ should go back to Eve since he couldn't get enough of her behind so much he broke Paige's heart.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”