Sorry but back burnering Rope has done nothing for their utter toxic chemistry..

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfan1985

Sorry but back burnering Rope has done nothing for their utter toxic chemistry..

Postby ghfan1985 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:33 pm

Ingrid Bergman and Humphrey Bogart in Casablanca, Hope and Rafe they ain't!

Glad we don't have them shoved down our throats like we used to, but they are still boring and lacking spark as ever. They each could be so much better as characters paired with the right people. I loved Aiden with Hope, and I equally loved Rafe with Jordan Ridgeway, who is a character I REALLY want to see return, not all these Billies and Will Hortons and Alexanders.

I just cannot nor will I ever accept them as a good couple. it is so obvious that these two actors just don't gel enough to create (let alone naturally have) the chemistry of what appears to be a fictional soap couple. We deserve so much more, and if for no other reason, they need to be torn apart for covering up Stefano's murder, and still getting away with it.

Blue Luna

Re: Sorry but back burnering Rope has done nothing for their utter toxic chemistry..

Postby Blue Luna » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Ok.. your title was meant to read Rafe? Right? Typos can be harsh. Not too late to delete and start again. :-) Just reply to your own post and copy and paste. Bad titles can kill a thread . Good luck.

Blue Luna

Re: Sorry but back burnering Rope has done nothing for their utter toxic chemistry..

Postby Blue Luna » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:48 pm

Or maybe that was a combo name thing. Omg . I just got that ...well don't I feel sheepish. :oops:

Ms. Diablo

Postby Ms. Diablo » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:31 am

I feel ya they aren't "gelling" for me either; I honestly just can't get into Rafe and Hope as anything more than close friends and work partners and nothing is going to change my mind. I suppose it must be all of those years of being spoiled with Bo and Hope. Also, it's so weird to think Rafe was once married to Sami, Hope's niece.
I guess KC, the writers, etc want Rope (or whatever we want to call them) the closest thing to a "super couple" that we can get nowadays. Some people like them as a couple.
I really don't know if Jordan would want to return to Salem considering the fact she landed her dream job in Boston and can stop running away and changing her identity now. Also, Jordan is probably ashamed of what her brother and father did...

lexi911

Postby lexi911 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:42 am

I happen to like Hope and Rafe together. Of course Bo and Hope were great together and I loved them but since Bo is gone and will never return I like Rafe and Hope.

txwildcat

Postby txwildcat » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:06 am

lexi911 wrote:I happen to like Hope and Rafe together. Of course Bo and Hope were great together and I loved them but since Bo is gone and will never return I like Rafe and Hope.

I'm with you!

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:19 am

Sometimes it seems that even Rafe is getting bored with "cutesy" Hope. I know I am. How many times can she flip her hair, look up with those big soulful eyes, laugh "bye-bye" and skip away from him? Holy cow. Find somebody else, Rafe.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:36 am

Jeank101 wrote:Sometimes it seems that even Rafe is getting bored with "cutesy" Hope. I know I am. How many times can she flip her hair, look up with those big soulful eyes, laugh "bye-bye" and skip away from him? Holy cow. Find somebody else, Rafe.

Both of them are sickening!

I'm hoping for one helluva rivilary when both of them are up for "Commissioner" --- pullleeezeee dear soap gods, do NOT give Hopeless that promotion --- omg I'd almost rather see JJ the jerk become Commissh, instead of Hopeless...

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:19 pm

txwildcat wrote:
lexi911 wrote:I happen to like Hope and Rafe together. Of course Bo and Hope were great together and I loved them but since Bo is gone and will never return I like Rafe and Hope.

I'm with you!

Me, too. :)

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:47 pm

I liked Good Aiden and Hope, he was more her style and age, nothing against Rafe being younger but Hope seems to forget that Rafe wants children and someone new would do that for him.

I've said before Hope and Justin would work, he's a seasoned lawyer and isn't looking to have another family, plus they're both upstanding :lol: :lol: :lol: citizens in Salem, well, at least Justin is! :lol:

Return to “Days of Our Lives”