Love Kayla's B$tch face

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
JeanLou

Re: Love Kayla's B$tch face

Postby JeanLou » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:41 pm

I know I'm in the minority but I can't stand Kayla. She drives me up the wall! All she ever does is sport resting b$tch face! Enough is enough, I know it's the writing b/ Mary Beth is a fine actress but they've made the character a complete PITA 'til I can't understand how Patch can stand her! I've had a little too much of her lately. Time for others to have more air time.

Blue Luna

Postby Blue Luna » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:16 pm

I just find her Bi$tch face terrifying and daunting. Because of the situation, it pleases me so. :mrgreen:

But I do get the debate. Sometimes I think Steve really needs look elsewhere cause wow-her rath...I think he may turn to stone by her glare. And maybe Kayla is better off with someone not caught up in espionage like with that cute Ozzie/zealand Doctor.

She has lost her father to things connected to his espionage life and now her son. (Although Joey is not lost. He is found really and fine.) Reality is if they had done the right things and had him confess back when the crime was committed and had the right attorney with the right argument or negotiation tactics...Joey may never had went to jail or prison at all.

She is being narrow minded and it angers me that she is leaving her husband high and dry-like he is not hurting too. But because of the Ava and Ava 2.0 scenario and just s/l destruction on their lives - I am gonna give her hell lotta time and enjoy her rage.

Her glare really needs to be patented- it is cold and terrifying. ::swoon::

hebrides

Postby hebrides » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:22 pm

I am curious as to why that word is spelled with a dollar sign, even though it is a real word that originally just meant female dog, and is not vulgar, just used as an insult to women. So are other words that are not considered bad, and no one ever hesitated to insult women on soap operas before. Some strong women take pride in being called that word because it's well known to mean "assertive woman who won't be walked all over."

If Taylor Swift can use the word in her songs and videos despite most of her fans being little pre-teens, how is it still considered too delicate or harsh for discussing a facial expression in a soap opera?

Blue Luna

Postby Blue Luna » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:32 pm

I don't cuss usually when in forums. And rules of old in some forums weren't keen on it because it was less self expression and more escalating tension and language associated with rants or personal attacks. So it is my flavor I have made a habit not to curse when in forums or even when writings comments or reviews. And if I was gonna anyway then I play it down. When writing in particular, I wish I could express what I really wanted to say with a better vocabulary but alas , sometimes saying sh%*ty is just what I want to do.

Also, not every one likes conversating with folk who curse, so I tame my writing. Still it is just my flavor. The son has no meaning. It is just me picking and symbol so Insont write the whole word out . When I think about it, even I think post can seem more harsh if cuss filled.

I am fond of the song I'm a B$tch. Recently I imagine a guy at open mic karaoke singing it and have a chuckle.
Last edited by Blue Luna on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NJ Granny

Postby NJ Granny » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:33 pm

JeanLou wrote:I know I'm in the minority but I can't stand Kayla. She drives me up the wall! All she ever does is sport resting b$tch face! Enough is enough, I know it's the writing b/ Mary Beth is a fine actress but they've made the character a complete PITA 'til I can't understand how Patch can stand her! I've had a little too much of her lately. Time for others to have more air time.

I said the same thing on another thread. Kayla is getting on my last nerve. If I were Steve I would not trust her at all. I think she's bi-polar. Previously she was stringing Steve along, one day she wanted to get remarried, the next day she was throwing him out. He never knew where he stood with her. Her and Abby have a lot in common.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”