Chandler Massey returning as Will

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Supercouples4ever

Re: Chandler Massey returning as Will

Postby Supercouples4ever » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:15 am

EJAMI5555 wrote:
mauimama wrote:Please please please oh please soap gods---- please just make him a "ghost" --- I cannot stand that whimpy, crybaby, husband-cheating Will! He made me sick! Sonny deserved so much better (like Paul or that other "hunk" who had a crush on him!) The ONLY way I wanna see 'return from the dead zombie Will" is for him to appear to Sonny to say "it's ok to move on" ---- NOTHING ELSE!

That was Guy Wilson in that role of Will. He played Whimpy Will and always getting angry that Sonny had feelings for Paul :mrgreen:

I like Chandler Massey too and he was a strong Will. it's just a Soap so I'll take him however we can get him...especially if it means we get Sami for a while too. Paul is great, but Sonny and Will with Arianna were some of my favorite scenes.

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:37 pm

I don't care how they "rationalize" it, I liked Chandler as Will and think it would be a great triangle of Paul, Sonny & Will. Oh, the drama! All likable guys and good actors. I'm intrigued to see how they spin it. Days is the soap known for characters never being truly dead-dead, anyway (thank you Xander for that now immortal line ;) )

fighterm

Postby fighterm » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:02 pm

I don't like ghosts. I would like a Will's double was murdered and real Will was snatched by someone. Now he is back.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:34 pm

Whatever they do with Will I'll accept. :evil: But, don't ruin Paul. He is a WONDERFUL man. Sonny doesn't deserve him.

I want to see Paul with a good man with a strong personality and a strong resolve. What a couple that would be!

lexi911

Postby lexi911 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:29 pm

Maybe the guy that Ben killed (Guy Wilson) was an impostor and the "real" Will was never dead? Sounds strange but stranger things have happened on this show!

Irish17

Postby Irish17 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:27 pm

JeanLou wrote:I don't care how they "rationalize" it, I liked Chandler as Will and think it would be a great triangle of Paul, Sonny & Will. Oh, the drama! All likable guys and good actors. I'm intrigued to see how they spin it. Days is the soap known for characters never being truly dead-dead, anyway (thank you Xander for that now immortal line ;) )

There is so much to thank Xander for, but "dead-dead not river-dead" is the greatest of all.

jaws63

Postby jaws63 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:39 pm

A part of what worries me is that for all the tweaking that needs to be done(just to bring Will back), Either Will(himself)needs a substantial purpose, or that the "tweak" used in bringing him back is used in a logical way later, anything less would be a let down.

I'm OK with the science-fiction stuff, as long as it too stays within the perimeters of the logic it creates. For instants in the example of say "Time travel" . If you could, there would be consequences in going back to the past, like possible altered realities when you return to the future. We suspend our belief yes, but we understand the logic.

It might actually be possible, science-fiction wise, to bring someone back to life(after dying) simply through the miracles of modern science and ones DNA(cloning is something that's actually performed). THIS is the best way to explain Will's return.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:12 pm

JaggedEdge wrote:I read something recently about this, and it may not be what we think. How is Carlivati going to explain that a man when saw strangled to death, is not dead? There is no physical way for Dr. Rolf to reverse that and bring him back.

Rolf was a man of many talents...a modern Dr. Frankenstein. Stefano was fond of will and after EJ's death he may have had Will followed and injected with an epi-pen or something before his paramedics carried off the body.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Chandler, to me, just always had this cheesy grin, like a Chessire Cat. I didn't care for him, I liked Guy when he first came on then they went and ruined him with his affairs, cheating on Sonny, something that original Will would have never done. :evil:

Skittle128

Postby Skittle128 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:57 am

Iluvdogz wrote:I truly hope he is not a ghost. I dont really care how they rationalize his return. He is a fabulous actor and I love him with Sonny I also love his close relationship with his grandma Marlena.

This!!! I suspend disbelief when I watch soap operas. I have watched Marlena be possessed by the devil. I don't care how they explain it. I just want Will back (Chandler as Will). I also would accept any explanation for bringing Jack back. I hate that they kill off main characters so definitely. I much prefer soapy deaths where no body is found, so they can bring the character back in some soapy way. But if it means that I can have back beloved characters who were killed off, I will take it. I am thrilled to have all of these characters back from the dead (or to have had them back from the dead in the past):
Steve
Jack (I cheered every time he came back, and I don't care how ridiculous it was)
Hope
Bo
Andre
Tony

Who else?? I am drawing a blank right now. I would also loooove to have EJ back (but only James Scott - otherwise, he should stay dead).

I am watching a soap opera. I suspend all disbelief and just go with it if it means that I can have a beloved character back.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”