The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfanfare

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby ghfanfare » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:49 am

YandR and Days wrote:I totally understand about teeth bleach, but that got me to pondering, why do we expect our soap characters to look a certain way? I remember when Nancy, Craig's wife came on and there were ugly comments about her weight but to me, I was glad to see a real type person portraying regular people that are not rated a "10". Is that an automatic expectation, that our soap characters have to look almost perfect? Cause sometimes I feel shallow posting in here, when IRL, if you could see me, I am NOT a perfect "10"! :lol: And let's face it, we women do it to each other, men usually don't care.

Ok, off my soap box. :D

It's one of the reasons I enjoy the British shows. People look more natural. American actors often look way too plastic with the facial surgery and boob jobs etc. It just looks weird. However, it does seem that some of the younger actors are moving away from overdoing the plastic surgery.

Irish17

Postby Irish17 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:00 pm

I thought that tent that Abigail was wearing had mustard stains down the front and that a parrot had exploded on the back...what the heck was that? And on a side note, why the heck is MM still here? I'm ready for KM.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:24 pm

Irish17 wrote:I thought that tent that Abigail was wearing had mustard stains down the front and that a parrot had exploded on the back...what the heck was that? And on a side note, why the heck is MM still here? I'm ready for KM.

You missed the show when she was having her mustard cravings?
And I liked the top. :) Usually you see multi-colored material in scarves worn with monotone outfits.

daysforever

Postby daysforever » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:56 pm

YandR and Days wrote:I totally understand about teeth bleach, but that got me to pondering, why do we expect our soap characters to look a certain way? I remember when Nancy, Craig's wife came on and there were ugly comments about her weight but to me, I was glad to see a real type person portraying regular people that are not rated a "10". Is that an automatic expectation, that our soap characters have to look almost perfect? Cause sometimes I feel shallow posting in here, when IRL, if you could see me, I am NOT a perfect "10"! :lol: And let's face it, we women do it to each other, men usually don't care.

Ok, off my soap box. :D

Here, here YandRadndDays! My feelings, as well. You can stay on the soap box.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:10 pm

Jeank101 wrote:
Irish17 wrote:I thought that tent that Abigail was wearing had mustard stains down the front and that a parrot had exploded on the back...what the heck was that? And on a side note, why the heck is MM still here? I'm ready for KM.

You missed the show when she was having her mustard cravings?
And I liked the top. :) Usually you see multi-colored material in scarves worn with monotone outfits.

I liked the top as well! :mrgreen: It looked old fashion as usual for Marci, but it looked velour and I loved the colors! :lol:

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:26 pm

John, get rid of that bloody shirt. It’s not a badge of bravery. Had you been brave, maybe Marlena wouldn’t be on her death bed!

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:22 pm

Jeank101 wrote:John, get rid of that bloody shirt. It’s not a badge of bravery. Had you been brave, maybe Marlena wouldn’t be on her death bed!

I'm being nit-picky here-- but blood does NOT stay bright red for hours and hours.... and someone would've given him "scrubs' to wear by now. All his boo-hooing over her lifeless body doesn't alter the fact that he was just a wooden statue- didn't have the guts or ballz to protect his "beloved Doc"---

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:29 pm

bright red blood. That’s not being nit picky. Blood almost never stays looking red for very long in rl; and it certainly isn’t bright red. Arterial blood is, but we didn’t see any gushers here like with arterial blood.
Writers, use some common sense. :roll: Trust us, we would know an arterial bleed if we saw one.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:54 pm

mauimama wrote:
Jeank101 wrote:John, get rid of that bloody shirt. It’s not a badge of bravery. Had you been brave, maybe Marlena wouldn’t be on her death bed!

I'm being nit-picky here-- but blood does NOT stay bright red for hours and hours.... and someone would've given him "scrubs' to wear by now. All his boo-hooing over her lifeless body doesn't alter the fact that he was just a wooden statue- didn't have the guts or ballz to protect his "beloved Doc"---

One day he barely had any blood on him the next day it was covered in blood and now it's somewhere in between so he IS changing shirts, he just forgets to put on the right one! :lol:

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:28 pm

Even had mustard on it today. :lol:

Return to “Days of Our Lives”