The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
AlyH

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby AlyH » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Jeank101 wrote:Have been wanting to say this, but maybe it’s not nice. But, in these times, yellow teeth are very off putting. If I’m right, y’all know who I mean (not Susan). I don’t understand why. ;)

JEANNNNNN!!!! I know !!!! I don’t get it either. Lol

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:14 pm

AlyH wrote:
Jeank101 wrote:Have been wanting to say this, but maybe it’s not nice. But, in these times, yellow teeth are very off putting. If I’m right, y’all know who I mean (not Susan). I don’t understand why. ;)

I know, but IRL not everybody's teeth are pearly white either, guess we just expect more for soap actors. :mrgreen:

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:16 pm

JeanLou wrote:While John/Drake looks great as a silver fox, it's awful on Rafe/Galen. It's not all silver but an unflattering mix, so until it's one shade, please go back to dyeing it dark! Hope is dragging him down in every single way!

Adrienne's pink suit is all kinds of awful, fit was off, it was matronly, burn it please.

I actually like Hope's blouse, most of the time I hate them but how nice would she look if she'd just pull the top of her hair straight back and in the process, lose that hideous part?! I don't mean show her ears, just the top like women in the 70's used to do and which I've always liked.

I came across head shots of Martha Madison (Belle) as a red-head and I have to say, I loved it! It was gorgeous on her, much better than the brassy blonde. Still, she looked really nice in her dress. Too bad she's such a rhymes with witch right now!

I loved Sami's hair during the flashbacks of WilSon's wedding. It was pulled back in a half pony tail that was looped over at the top back of her head, it looked great because AS has fine thin hair.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:59 pm

AlyH wrote:

I obviously have not been paying attention................ "WHO"

If we poor people can afford teeth whitening-- then these high paid actor/actresses certainly can-and SHOULD!

The one that bugs the bejesus outa me is over on GH---- Carly has this huge BROWN tooth on the bottom and it distracts me everytime they have a close up and she opens her mouth...

ghfanfare

Postby ghfanfare » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:03 pm

Jennifer's hair looks so much better pulled back from her face. But that ethereal dress was kinda ugly and the blush color totally left her looking washed out. I like Julie's new hairdo. It looks modern. And it's nice to see the mature ladies looking pretty and stylish. :D

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:39 pm

ghfanfare wrote:Jennifer's hair looks so much better pulled back from her face. But that ethereal dress was kinda ugly and the blush color totally left her looking washed out. I like Julie's new hairdo. It looks modern. And it's nice to see the mature ladies looking pretty and stylish. :D

Jenn's hair-- weird styling-- I didn't like it... Ugly dress did NOTHING for her at all!
Julie--- hair looks more silver (than gray) now - loved it -- and that dark blue lace dress--- you would've thought that she should've been at the wedding (that was wedding attire) not sitting at the restaurant... for heaven's sake, don't they have "staff" to hold down the fort while they go to a wedding>
Thank heavens Jenn does not put her hands on Eric's head when they kiss (like so many women do) she'd pull back a hand full of GREASE!

Chdoodles

Postby Chdoodles » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:54 pm

I have been pondering this myself.. Kristen needs some white strips..

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Loved Kate's black pants/blk-white striped jacket outfit yesterday - but did NOT care for the olive green blouse with it... jewelry was great!

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:32 pm

mauimama wrote:Loved Kate's black pants/blk-white striped jacket outfit yesterday - but did NOT care for the olive green blouse with it... jewelry was great!

Know what you mean. :| Do you think sometimes the true colors don’t come across on home screens? I’ve been put off before about some color combos. Actually I luv whatever Kate wears. :D Such confidence!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:21 am

I totally understand about teeth bleach, but that got me to pondering, why do we expect our soap characters to look a certain way? I remember when Nancy, Craig's wife came on and there were ugly comments about her weight but to me, I was glad to see a real type person portraying regular people that are not rated a "10". Is that an automatic expectation, that our soap characters have to look almost perfect? Cause sometimes I feel shallow posting in here, when IRL, if you could see me, I am NOT a perfect "10"! :lol: And let's face it, we women do it to each other, men usually don't care.

Ok, off my soap box. :D

Return to “Days of Our Lives”