The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfanfare

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby ghfanfare » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:35 pm

^^^I wasn't sure what to make of the matron of honor dress. It was odd. Honestly, didn't care for the bride's dress either. Will they switch it up now that John has seen it? Bad luck and all that. :D

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:31 pm

ghfanfare wrote:^^^I wasn't sure what to make of the matron of honor dress. It was odd. Honestly, didn't care for the bride's dress either. Will they switch it up now that John has seen it? Bad luck and all that. :D

I thought, at first, that Marlena was going to go back to her original 1980's dress and headgear..

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:13 pm

Kayla DID put on her other dress w/gray cardigan when she left Marlena's. Her matron-of-honor dress was really not attractive, IMO. It looked like a coat dress, which I don't think has been in style since the Eisenhower administration, and it was not worthy of a wedding outfit. Kayla's clothing is often off the mark, and I'm afraid that MBE's choices aren't any better. I saw a photo page of her outfits through the years, in SOD a few issues ago, and the first one was beyond belief awful. The others were blecch, too.

Marlena's dress was pretty, but I loved the light blue dress she wore at one of her weddings to John. The one that was made into a doll.

Blonde Angel

Postby Blonde Angel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm

I know others have said Chad wearing suit too big for him and I didn't notice it till today. When he was sitting down with his head forward I thought his coat looked strange... It looks bad and distracted me... and Kayla's matoon of honor dress, sure it will atrraxct much more attention than the bride but not exactly the right kind of attention.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Tripp’s hair ain’t all that great. It’s dry and dirty straw looking - probably too much hair spray. It’s too long for the style he’s going for. Looks cartoonish. If that’s what Chrissie meant by 50’s bae? Nah.
I do think I’ll like it when it’s styled better. Edgy. Especially with those cute whiskers. :P

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Blonde Angel wrote:I know others have said Chad wearing suit too big for him and I didn't notice it till today. When he was sitting down with his head forward I thought his coat looked strange... It looks bad and distracted me... and Kayla's matoon of honor dress, sure it will atrraxct much more attention than the bride but not exactly the right kind of attention.

Re: Chad's suits: too sloppy for a "rich man" to be wearing (look like Goodwill rejects sometimes)
And as for 'too big'-- Lord there have been days when his pants were so tight, I don't know how he walked in them!
I'll complain Again about Kayla's coat dress matron of honor get up! It should "get up and go!" LOL
Big heavy satin that looked like some Victorian couch material or someone's really tacky drapes!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:17 pm

mauimama wrote:
ghfanfare wrote:^^^I wasn't sure what to make of the matron of honor dress. It was odd. Honestly, didn't care for the bride's dress either. Will they switch it up now that John has seen it? Bad luck and all that. :D

I thought, at first, that Marlena was going to go back to her original 1980's dress and headgear..

Me too! I loved the flash back though, those were the Days when Days put on spectacular events! And yes, it was OTT, just like Hope's, Kayla's etc., were too back then, but still classy for those days!

Kayla's outfit didn't bother me, I'm use to her styles I guess, and the dress was something I was expecting her to wear. Loved the muted colors.

I didn't care for Marlena's little finger cut out gloves either, guess the actress is concerned about her hands since they'll be showing them up close for the ring ceremony. Diane Keaton wears gloves often, we can do what we want with our faces/bodies but the hands always give your age away, my aunt always said that and she worked for a plastic surgeon and never took advantage of his skills. She said she wanted to age gracefully and she did, she was beautiful.

Oh, we're talking about Days here, right? :lol:

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:19 pm

If Marlena wanted to cover her hands, she could of had soft, long sleeves that ended in a point above her middle finger. Could’ve looked graceful instead of obvious and clunky.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:33 pm

Now I'm doubting that Marlena will wear that dress, after John saw it and made her uncomfortable. Not to mention that we, too, saw it.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Jeank101 wrote:If Marlena wanted to cover her hands, she could of had soft, long sleeves that ended in a point above her middle finger. Could’ve looked graceful instead of obvious and clunky.

That's true, and I noticed today that the fingers weren't cut out. Heck, she could have found a beautiful gown and wear long gloves, so classy! Audrey Hepburn style. BTW, speaking of Audrey Hepburn, that reminded me of a Halloween party I went to and a guy friend dressed up like her drag queen style, complete with the long cigarette holder and was JUST as pretty as she is! :lol: How can drag queens look better than us? :lol:

Return to “Days of Our Lives”