The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Irish17

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby Irish17 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:51 am

I know we all ask this one all the time but...Why are half the people in Salem wearing jackets, leather vests, and long sleeves while the others are all dressed appropriately for July weather? How hard is it to pay attention to wardrobe details?

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:52 am

Maybe the jackets and long sleeves are hiding less than desirable aspects of one’s body. :o Mind you, not speaking from experience. :?

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:35 pm

Irish17 wrote:I know we all ask this one all the time but...Why are half the people in Salem wearing jackets, leather vests, and long sleeves while the others are all dressed appropriately for July weather? How hard is it to pay attention to wardrobe details?

Theresa seems to be the ONLY one who is dressing like it's summer --- btw-- that red flowered printed dress -- did you happen to catch the detail on the sleeves---- that was clever-- (cutouts of the petals on the flowers) I loved it.
And poor Claire-- my gawd that blue tight top made her look like an orphaned waif--- all 50# of her!

Irish17

Postby Irish17 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:57 pm

mauimama wrote:
Irish17 wrote:I know we all ask this one all the time but...Why are half the people in Salem wearing jackets, leather vests, and long sleeves while the others are all dressed appropriately for July weather? How hard is it to pay attention to wardrobe details?

Theresa seems to be the ONLY one who is dressing like it's summer --- btw-- that red flowered printed dress -- did you happen to catch the detail on the sleeves---- that was clever-- (cutouts of the petals on the flowers) I loved it.
And poor Claire-- my gawd that blue tight top made her look like an orphaned waif--- all 50# of her!

Loved the dress. I always love how Theresa dresses. Claire does dress similar to a lot of girls her age but I think she could stand a little help sometimes.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:12 pm

Liked Teresa's dress but her pink lipstick clashed with it, it kept distracting me. She should have worn red lipstick.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Rafe's leather jacket made me sweat just looking at it.

I haven't seen today's show yet so don't know about Claire's top, but she looked good yesterday with those jeans and white top. Theresa always looks good, even with that red floral dress which is quite busy. Still cute.

SOD just had interviews with the wardrobe heads at each soap. Richard Bloore of Days said one of the difficult things for him is finding appropriate clothes for the season, since they tape 6 months in advance. But I still don't get why jackets are necessary. Tees are always available for the guys, or polos.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:28 pm

lurker girl wrote:Rafe's leather jacket made me sweat just looking at it.

I haven't seen today's show yet so don't know about Claire's top, but she looked good yesterday with those jeans and white top. Theresa always looks good, even with that red floral dress which is quite busy. Still cute.

SOD just had interviews with the wardrobe heads at each soap. Richard Bloore of Days said one of the difficult things for him is finding appropriate clothes for the season, since they tape 6 months in advance. But I still don't get why jackets are necessary. Tees are always available for the guys, or polos.

RE: Claire -- it was a couple days ago that she had that adorable WHITE top on -- I commented on it - how much I LOVED it (first time I saw her wear something that I loved!) Yesterday she had a light blue top on - that I swear was size TODDLER ONE - made her look like a starving waif!

Hyperbolic1

Postby Hyperbolic1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:33 pm

mauimama wrote:

She does look like "Carol" from the same song by Al Stewart. He refers to Carol as an orphan at one point, and does even describe her clothes! Older song, but good.

AlyH

Postby AlyH » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:12 pm

mauimama wrote:

Claire is just flat out painful to look at. I’m afraid she’s going to snap in half. It’s very concerning!

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Theresa/Jen L is just so vibrant looking that she makes everyone else on the show Ithe women that is) look pasty and washed out by comparison, with the exception of Gabi and maybe Maggie. And don't even get me started on the limp hair displayed on this show! It is BAD.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”