The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
User avatar
AnneM127
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby AnneM127 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:33 pm

YandR and Days wrote:Oh, and speaking of hair, Marlena's is dry, frizzy and in need of a hair cut! She looks so much better with it at least 4" shorter!


ah, come on YandR----you know the rules. All females are supposed to have long (longish) hair in the infamous loose "beach waves" style. It is the mandatory look for most of DAYS females. I loved Nicole's hair when it was really short-it looked so boss! And I love Eve's style now too-such a cute pixie cut-but we all know why she has short hair. And Valerie is the only other one allowed the exception=and be allowed to wear super short hair. I say this because whenever a character does go short, all the comments go back to desiring long. I mean really-remember Nicole, with her baby fine hair-trying to adhere to the long look? Just did not do her justice. Nobody will get 4" taken off, go with a blunt cut or a side part, or anything that experimental. Abigail sported an orange meringue look last week with that puffy bit on top of her head -but the rest of the hair was still the very long, teenage-ish, limp look. Marlena's hair is actually one of the styles that is rocking close to almost shortish....

lurker girl
Posts: 2020
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby lurker girl » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:34 am

Marlena's hair was a different style on Tuesday's show. Side part, no waves, very little curl at all. She wore it nice not long ago, when she had some layers. Eve looked smashing! Maggie's hair was blah. I really liked Adrienne's hair, but I know she got it cut so will be looking different before long.

User avatar
YandR and Days
Posts: 4794
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:00 am

To me, Adrienne's hair looked better shoulder length, now it just looks straggly. I also liked it when she wore it shorter, similar to Kayla's. I hope she did get it cut, the longer length, to me, just makes her look frumpy.

Irish17
Posts: 1865
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:51 am

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby Irish17 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:34 am

YandR and Days wrote:To me, Adrienne's hair looked better shoulder length, now it just looks straggly. I also liked it when she wore it shorter, similar to Kayla's. I hope she did get it cut, the longer length, to me, just makes her look frumpy.

I always say I look "frumpy" when my hair gets a little too long. People look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language. Nice to know I'm not the only one that uses "frumpy"!

Aplepie
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby Aplepie » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:36 pm

AnneM127 wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:Oh, and speaking of hair, Marlena's is dry, frizzy and in need of a hair cut! She looks so much better with it at least 4" shorter!


ah, come on YandR----you know the rules. All females are supposed to have long (longish) hair in the infamous loose "beach waves" style. It is the mandatory look for most of DAYS females. I loved Nicole's hair when it was really short-it looked so boss! And I love Eve's style now too-such a cute pixie cut-but we all know why she has short hair. And Valerie is the only other one allowed the exception=and be allowed to wear super short hair. I say this because whenever a character does go short, all the comments go back to desiring long. I mean really-remember Nicole, with her baby fine hair-trying to adhere to the long look? Just did not do her justice. Nobody will get 4" taken off, go with a blunt cut or a side part, or anything that experimental. Abigail sported an orange meringue look last week with that puffy bit on top of her head -but the rest of the hair was still the very long, teenage-ish, limp look. Marlena's hair is actually one of the styles that is rocking close to almost shortish....


Long hair is easier for continuity on television. I saw Tracee Ellis Ross on a talk show and she said that she rarely has her hair down and curly on Blackish because it is impossible to have continuity with curls that relax as the day goes on, or tighten with humidity. Same goes for short hair.

Kassie Depaiva have long hair for years on One Life to Live. She cut it in a short pixie, much like what she has now. It looked great on her then, and now.

Many of the actresses actually have gray hair that has been colored. Gray hair has its own texture that color doesn't hide.

Speaking of Valerie, I thought it was great that her hair was not perfect when she came out of the operating room and pulled off her scrub hat to talk to Abe. Very realistic.

lurker girl
Posts: 2020
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:43 pm

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby lurker girl » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:46 pm

I really liked Marlena's light pink jacket which she wore when at her place, with Will and all the well-wishers. Gabi's fly-away beige cardigan was nice, too.

Altermyego
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:05 am

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby Altermyego » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:53 am

YandR and Days wrote:Uh oh, just noticed that Gabi is wearing a body strap purse too, so I guess it's not just for older women! :D Personally, I hate purses but I know a lot of women carry the expensive bags as an accessory statement. I've always envied men cause they don't carry the bathroom sink around with them every where they go just in case they need it! :lol:


The crossover purse has become in-style recently. I hate it. Especially on the catwalk where it often kills the lines of some gorgeous fabrics. Fashion industry being stupid again. But, you are less likely to have your bag stolen. So there's that.

User avatar
AnneM127
Posts: 3626
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby AnneM127 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Sami is beyond shelf life for leather pants.

Stefano Rules
Posts: 533
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:59 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby Stefano Rules » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:36 pm

- Yes, I noticed that they had Sami in leather pants and I thought, no, not flattering at all. Not sure if AS has gained any weight, but has been looking rather frumpy since her return.

- I did like Marlena's blue and then pink (p)leather jackets. Loved Lani's black moto jacket. Abigail needs a modern makeover. Kate, considering she is older, always looks put together, as does Val and Eve. I'm looking forward to Teresa's return, as she was always the best dressed, hands down.

- Kayla... Um what can I say? It's bad enough that she subjects us to the pilgrim wardrobe, but that hair needs help. If she likes it short, please get rid of those wings on the each side. So annoying and unflattering, like she slept on it the wrong way. Either that, or fluff and wing the whole thing for some kind of consistency. At least when Nicole had short hair, it had some kind of style.

- Love John's hair since he let it go gray. Wish Roman would let his go. The other day it looked liked someone gave him a bad dye job. Color was flat, no highlights, and looked like he had a rug on his head.

User avatar
YandR and Days
Posts: 4794
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby YandR and Days » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:44 pm

Altermyego wrote:
YandR and Days wrote:Uh oh, just noticed that Gabi is wearing a body strap purse too, so I guess it's not just for older women! :D Personally, I hate purses but I know a lot of women carry the expensive bags as an accessory statement. I've always envied men cause they don't carry the bathroom sink around with them every where they go just in case they need it! :lol:


The crossover purse has become in-style recently. I hate it. Especially on the catwalk where it often kills the lines of some gorgeous fabrics. Fashion industry being stupid again. But, you are less likely to have your bag stolen. So there's that.


I noticed Marlena's purse still strapped to her body when she was standing and talking to Will at her place, and Will was sitting on the couch. Weird to me, because the FIRST thing I do when I get home, is drop my purse at the table by the door. :D


Return to “Days of Our Lives”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to Top