The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
YandR and Days

Re: The Good, the Bad & the Ugly. WARDROBE Malfunctions 2.0

Postby YandR and Days » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:39 pm

lurker girl wrote:Jen's clodhoppers are still, barely, "in," but since Days tapes so far in advance they were still the style. Ugh. And I didn't care for her dress either; too long and the top was overkill when the skirt part was already so busy.

I loved Chloe's blue jumpsuit. Perfect fit, too.

Forgot to mention awhile back about Adrienne's short hair. The front looks o.k., but I hate it from the back. Her neck just is not the right shape. She needs some length back there.

Oh lord those shoes! They looked like Baby Janes, is that what they call them? on steroids! :lol: Pitiful, she should have borrowed Hope's 4" patent leather heels! Loved Chloe's outfit, Jenn's was not flattering, esp around the neck, too tight IMO.

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:42 pm

YandR and Days wrote:To me, it looked like Paul had on pink lipstick yesterday. :D

I've remarked on Paul's lipstick a couple times--- he's the one MALE who seems to have that much lipstick on-- all the time! --(it IS a nice shade- -I'd like to have that one! lol)

mauimama

Postby mauimama » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:46 pm

omg Jenn-- as if the dress wasn't gawdy enough - you're wearing clodhoppers??? WTH-----
Kudos to Chloe on that gorgeous jump suit--- looks like she and Theresa are quite fond of jumpsuits lately.
Wasn't too crazy about Julie's outfit-- and her newest hair do
I've already bitttched about Erik's ugly beard...LOL

AnneM127

Postby AnneM127 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 pm

I know she is under stress as the Police Commissioner and Ciara missing and all, along with the sad news that one of her detectives has lost a child, but can HOPE please, please make an appointment with a manicure parlor and get all of her nails done at the same time in one pretty color? To me, the multi colors on a professional just look so odd, somehow frivolous and out of place with her stature and position.

NJ Granny

Postby NJ Granny » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:25 pm

OMG Kate's hair gets worse every day. Why would a woman of her age, who is very attractive, make herself look bad. Besides the fact that it's way too long, then she has pieces that stick up, like she just got out of bed. I never liked her blue skunk tail but at least when her hair was shorter and fuller you could overlook the blue.

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:02 pm

NJ Granny wrote:OMG Kate's hair gets worse every day. Why would a woman of her age, who is very attractive, make herself look bad. Besides the fact that it's way too long, then she has pieces that stick up, like she just got out of bed. I never liked her blue skunk tail but at least when her hair was shorter and fuller you could overlook the blue.

IA, and this was maybe the worst look I've ever seen on her. The outfit was too much, but then to have that horrible whatever-you-call-it - style? - of hair, too, was mind-boggling. How did Ted keep a straight face?

Acadia_ca

Postby Acadia_ca » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:58 pm

What on Earth was Kate wearing on Thursday's episode!

That shiny purple pantsuit and chunky crystal necklace..... and the hair! OMG! It was all so totally inappropriate for a woman her age.

To borrow the words from Dorothy from Golden Girls, she looked like the mother of a solid gold dancer!! And that isn't a compliment!

She's got to be in her mid-60s (the actress is 65) and she's trying to dress like a teenager! Ugh!

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:46 am

Kate dresses like Kate wants to. Some are a hit, some are a miss, the hair tickled me, reminded me of a commercial where the insurance lady got her hair done and there was a twig sticking out of it with something dangling from it! :lol:

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Lauren Koslow is dressing more and more like her idol David Bowie every day. And it's hideous!!

I wish Theresa would wear her hair straight instead of those weird looking curls on her head, that is my only quibble with her style as her dresses are pretty.

Hope's blazers just don't look like they fit her correctly, they are overlong and kind of fugly. And don't even get me started again on that mop on her head. Scissors are your friend, Hope 8-)

I do want to say I love Sonny's hair now that he went back to the old style, it just fits him to a T.

cataddict

Postby cataddict » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:10 am

Okay, I'm saying it. I love Kate's looks. Some of them are out there, many are edgy, and to me they well represent the strong and confident woman that Kate is. The character doesn't give a rat's patoot what anyone thinks, wears what she wants and too bad if you don't like it. No other character on the show would even come close to pulling some of those looks off, regardless of their age. And the styles she wears are not those worn by teenagers or young women, FWIW. I don't mind her hair either. It suits the non traditional outfits.

I know I'm an army of one. :mrgreen:

I don't care if those shoes that Jennifer had on are or were in style at the time. They are high heel Mary Janes, but Baby Janes is more like it. :mrgreen: Ugly is ugly and those were ugly. Not sure what I think about the dress. The girl does wear some strange clothes. No wonder her daughter dresses the way she does.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”