Who is Smokey Robinson

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
cbrady

Who is Smokey Robinson

Postby cbrady » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:22 pm

I am sorry this is a dumb question but who is Smokey Robinson? I hope someone can answer this for me.

Serena

Re: Who is Smokey Robinson

Postby Serena » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:24 pm

You're going to make me cry "Tears of a Clown"....he is a great singer!

cbrady

Postby cbrady » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:28 pm

Quote Serena: You're going to make me cry "Tears of a Clown"....he is a great singer!
Sorry I never heard of the song I am sorry

Serena

Postby Serena » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:35 pm

Quote cbrady:
Quote Serena: You're going to make me cry "Tears of a Clown"....he is a great singer!
Sorry I never heard of the song I am sorry

Don't apologize, when I started buying his music he was 'Smokey Robinson and the Miracles', he is from my era....but you may know some of his other music, from the last couple of decades? You can look him up on amazon.com maybe. He has sparkly eyes, and a great voice. Quite the big star for days, as well as the upcoming x'mas singer. I think Smokey was a guest on Idol a couple of years back.

GL4ever

Postby GL4ever » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:47 pm

OMG!!! *) Your making me feel sooo old, he is the singer of so many great Motown songs. http://www.rockhall.com/hof/inductee.asp?id=180 :-)

Serena

Postby Serena » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:52 pm

Quote GL4ever: OMG!!! *) Your making me feel sooo old, he is the singer of so many great Motown songs. http://www.rockhall.com/hof/inductee.asp?id=180 :-)

Yes, I need my geritol just to stay awake and watch the show, back when it started it was only a 30 minute sudz, now Alice and I have both gotten grey together, she just ages better!
We are mature....never old, haha! ;)

msbobbie50

Postby msbobbie50 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:38 pm

Smokey Robinson is old school and yes he was smokey and the Miracles. He made OOh,Baby,Baby,You can't want you can't Need,The Tears Of a Clown I can just go on and on. I am a Livid fan of his now and his yester years. :D :D :D

cbrady

Postby cbrady » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:53 pm

I finally got to her smokey but his voice still do not soud familar. I however did like his music.

claysmyheart

Postby claysmyheart » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:31 pm

:) I loved the song he sang today ! Smokey is a legend and its nice to still hear him ! But JUST WAIT till you hear Days of our Lives other SUPERSTAR SINGERMAN!!! I think I may have to have the paramedics on hand for that one !!!!

OV123

Postby OV123 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:36 pm

Quote cbrady: I am sorry this is a dumb question but who is Smokey Robinson? I hope someone can answer this for me.

He's just not of your era. No problem. Smokey Robinson was at the core of the success of early Motown. Not only was he the founder and lead singer of The Miracles (before they were "Smokey Robinson and the Miracles"), he is one of SONGWRITERS of that dynasty, who shaped the music and words and flavor that was Motown. He not only wrote for the Miracles (Second that Emotion, Tears of a Clown, More Love), but he penned hits for The Temptations and Supremes, etc. Please Google! You might find it interesting.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”