Sami/Jen/Abby confrontation. Kudos to Jen

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Soaps Mod

Re: AS Acting Started Okay & Got Awful!! Kudos to Jen

Postby Soaps Mod » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:15 pm

Quote ScrubsAlltheWay: Where is there actor bashing?

I said Alison's acting was awful. If we can go on and on about someone's acting deserving an Emmy I should be able to counteract that by saying the acting is over the top.
I have always thought AS was at the bottom of the acting ladder when it comes to Days. I put AZ, ED, even KM before her.

I have enjoyed AS in revenge mode when she isn't on a rampage. It's when she's subtle that her acting is most effective. I thought Sami hovering over Abby and hollering on Friday was scene chewery.

And I never said Abigail or Jen's parenting was perfect. I said Jen being there for her child should be expected.

Criticisms of actors should be kept constructive, per the rules of the board. Simply stating you find someone awful, the worst, bottom of the barrel is considered just bashing the actor.

-Admin

Pinedays

Re: Sami/Jen/Abby confrontation. Kudos to Jen

Postby Pinedays » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:20 pm

Quote fadingrose:
Quote stjarna: Kudos to Jen, for what? 8) For very bad upbringing and enabling her daughter's behaviour! hugging her- for what Instead of seriously sitting down and talking to her! There was already the whole mess with Austin, and now- it should be alarming to Jen that there is something emotionally very wrong with her daughter.

But, I guess, it's ok...everyone else can get trashed- but Abigail will come out as if nothing has actually happened!
Because they are the mighty Horton, and this indiscretion should just be shoved under the carpet...because it is the sweet, innocent, naive little Abi, who by the way wanted to continue being EJ's bit on the side...
The same woman, who feels so sorry for the kids, but it didn't bother her to ruin everything for those kids... she knows who Samantha Brady is, who the DiMera's are...she had already had a thing with the badboy Chad....
And what I find worse, it is that she is great at keeping up appearances, but did she think for one second about Samantha...if she such a good person, then why did she do it to another woman... she certainly wouldn't want someone to do that to her if she had a fiance...
How would Abigail feel if, for example, Chad was her fiance, and he had an affair with another woman.... then she would be accusing that woman and be so high and mighty!

AS acting- just fine! :)

Jen should have confronted Abigail straight away!

1. Re: JEN.. I'm no fan of the current Jen, but I hardly think her children have been the recipients of "bad upbringing." They've both made mistakes, as all kids do, and perhaps their mom was naïve enough to think they should be forgiven. If that's "enabling," so be it--but most loving parents are guilty of that to some extent. Now Abby's "mistake" is HUGE, but what would most mother so--be shocked and unbelieving at first, and then comfort her daughter's obvious distress with a shoulder to cry on. There's time for Jen to decide how to counsel Abby tomorrow or the next day. Now both of them are too irrational to tackle the fallout. I also believe that Abby should have told Jen what was going on, right from the beginning

2. Re: ABBY. She has displayed enough doubts and regrets about what she's done, and I'm sure some of them involve guilt about what's she done to Sami and how it might affect her children. However, in the heat of passion--to paraphrase one of Caroline's wise observations-- "The heart [and the body] knows what it wants" and goes after it.

By the way, right now I am neither an EJAMI nor EJabby fan. In fact, I have disliked the entire saga for months.

I agree with you completely, and that may be because like you I don't consider myself an avid fan of either couple. When it comes to the characters Abby and Sami though I find myself a bit lenient with Abby for one reason "taking responsibility". It's interesting when I compare Jen's conversation with Abby and the one between Marlena and Sami a few weeks back. In one scenario a daughter was able to recognize and admit bad behavior and in the other .... well ....

maggsmay

Postby maggsmay » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:11 am

Quote stjarna: Kudos to Jen, for what? 8) For very bad upbringing and enabling her daughter's behaviour! hugging her- for what Instead of seriously sitting down and talking to her! There was already the whole mess with Austin, and now- it should be alarming to Jen that there is something emotionally very wrong with her daughter.

But, I guess, it's ok...everyone else can get trashed- but Abigail will come out as if nothing has actually happened!
Because they are the mighty Horton, and this indiscretion should just be shoved under the carpet...because it is the sweet, innocent, naive little Abi, who by the way wanted to continue being EJ's bit on the side...
The same woman, who feels so sorry for the kids, but it didn't bother her to ruin everything for those kids... she knows who Samantha Brady is, who the DiMera's are...she had already had a thing with the badboy Chad....
And what I find worse, it is that she is great at keeping up appearances, but did she think for one second about Samantha...if she such a good person, then why did she do it to another woman... she certainly wouldn't want someone to do that to her if she had a fiance...
How would Abigail feel if, for example, Chad was her fiance, and he had an affair with another woman.... then she would be accusing that woman and be so high and mighty!

Abby is feeling high and mighty, she is feeling guilty and she believes that she deserves Sami's wrath.

Not a huge Jen fan but she did raise her right, Abby is taking responsibilty for her actions. She is not blaming EJ or being drunk or anything like that. She says it plain and simple, "i wanted EJ"! Sami, though i like her, has never taken responsibilty for her actions, always blaming it on others or circumstances!

So, I think that Jen must have done something right in raising Abby! She may have done wrong but she owns it!!!

stjarna

Postby stjarna » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:11 am

Quote maggsmay:

Abby is feeling high and mighty, she is feeling guilty and she believes that she deserves Sami's wrath.

Not a huge Jen fan but she did raise her right, Abby is taking responsibilty for her actions. She is not blaming EJ or being drunk or anything like that. She says it plain and simple, "i wanted EJ"! Sami, though i like her, has never taken responsibilty for her actions, always blaming it on others or circumstances!

So, I think that Jen must have done something right in raising Abby! She may have done wrong but she owns it!!!

Abigail took responsibility when she was cornered and when Samantha brought everything into light...she should have taken responsibility when she first recognized that it was a bad thing and that she is not happy with herself, and don't tell me her desire was bigger... if she had any decency she would have used her guilty conscious and thought of the kids at least, but no, she even wanted to be his mistress-
And, as for Jen's brilliant upbringing - well, Abigail owned and took responsibility with the 'Austin- thing' and wow- look how that worked with Abigail- she moved on another man...so her saying it- are just words said when she had no way out!
Samantha is no angel and that is a fact! But this is not about Samantha - it is about Abigail- and the Horton sanctity- to Jen it's only a mistake- alarm bells- your daughter has serious emotional issues and they will not be dealt with again!
So, No Kudos to Jen!!!!
I also do not think that Marlena is brilliant either and have called the character on it millions of times!!!!

fadingrose

Postby fadingrose » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:14 am

Quote stjarna:
Quote maggsmay:

Abigail took responsibility when she was cornered and when Samantha brought everything into light...she should have taken responsibility when she first recognized that it was a bad thing and that she is not happy with herself, and don't tell me her desire was bigger... if she had any decency she would have used her guilty conscious and thought of the kids at least, but no, she even wanted to be his mistress-
And, as for Jen's brilliant upbringing - well, Abigail owned and took responsibility with the 'Austin- thing' and wow- look how that worked with Abigail- she moved on another man...so her saying it- are just words said when she had no way out!
Samantha is no angel and that is a fact! But this is not about Samantha - it is about Abigail- and the Horton sanctity- to Jen it's only a mistake- alarm bells- your daughter has serious emotional issues and they will not be dealt with again!
So, No Kudos to Jen!!!!
I also do not think that Marlena is brilliant either and have called the character on it millions of times!!!!

Who said Marlena was "brilliant" and why is she being discussed in this thread?

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Quote fadingrose:
Quote stjarna:
Quote maggsmay:

So, No Kudos to Jen!!!!

Marlena was brought up in # 27 in a thread commenting on something you had posted.
They were making a comparison between Jennifer and Abby and then Marlena and Sami upbringing.
Which actually is apples and oranges since Marlena and Sami has never really had a relationship so anything Marlena has had to say is really not important especially since Marlena has always favored anyone and everyone over Sami.
And about Jennifer raising Abby right...oh boy ;)
And seriously...Abigail is suppose to tell Jennifer every time she has sex...the whole why didn't you tell me thing... that is just stupid.

Pinedays

Postby Pinedays » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Quote dazgonby:
Quote fadingrose:
Quote stjarna:
Quote maggsmay:

So, No Kudos to Jen!!!!

Marlena was brought up in # 27 in a thread commenting on something you had posted.
They were making a comparison between Jennifer and Abby and then Marlena and Sami upbringing.
Which actually is apples and oranges since Marlena and Sami has never really had a relationship so anything Marlena has had to say is really not important especially since Marlena has always favored anyone and everyone over Sami.
And seriously...Abigail is suppose to tell Jennifer every time she has sex...the whole why didn't you tell me thing... that is just stupid.

I posted # 27 and although Marlena's name is mentioned where exactly did I compare the 2 upbringings?? I was pointing out that the discussions between Abby and Jen reminded me of another mother/daughter conversation. The point was simple: both mothers were talking to their daughters about something bad they had done. In one case the daughter recognized the wrong and in the other the daughter didn't. That's all I said and if you read my post again you would see it was all about Abby recognizing she had done wrong. Where do I talk about Marlena and brilliance?

scorpiogirl 43

Postby scorpiogirl 43 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:31 pm

I was kinda disappointed, I liked the fake out months ago!! Abby belonged over the banister!!!

As for Jen?? wake up your not the mother of a nun!!!

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:13 am

Quote Pinedays:
Quote dazgonby:
Quote fadingrose:
Quote stjarna:
Quote maggsmay:

So, No Kudos to Jen!!!!

I posted # 27 and although Marlena's name is mentioned where exactly did I compare the 2 upbringings?? I was pointing out that the discussions between Abby and Jen reminded me of another mother/daughter conversation. The point was simple: both mothers were talking to their daughters about something bad they had done. In one case the daughter recognized the wrong and in the other the daughter didn't. That's all I said and if you read my post again you would see it was all about Abby recognizing she had done wrong. Where do I talk about Marlena and brilliance?

Ok...I was only showing where Marlena was brought up. You did bring up Marlena!

And IF you read my post I never once mentioned anything about "brilliance".

And everyone has their own take on Abigail knowing she did wrong...big deal, she knew it was wrong what she did to Austin also...good for her she knows it was wrong..doesn't make it right.
Why should Sami lie just to please Marlena...which by the way I have never heard Marlena own up to the "bad" things she has done...and when she needs something she always runs to Sami & Ej or Stefano for that matter.
Besides what does it really matter since all of Sami's so called family will be on Abigail's side...not a one of them have ever stood by Sami so should be no different now.
I am so done with all this.

fadingrose

Postby fadingrose » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:31 am

Quote dazgonby:
Quote Pinedays:
Quote dazgonby:
Quote fadingrose:
Quote stjarna:
Quote maggsmay:

So, No Kudos to Jen!!!!

Ok...I was only showing where Marlena was brought up. You did bring up Marlena!

And IF you read my post I never once mentioned anything about "brilliance".

And everyone has their own take on Abigail knowing she did wrong...big deal, she knew it was wrong what she did to Austin also...good for her she knows it was wrong..doesn't make it right.
Why should Sami lie just to please Marlena...which by the way I have never heard Marlena own up to the "bad" things she has done...and when she needs something she always runs to Sami & Ej or Stefano for that matter.
Besides what does it really matter since all of Sami's so called family will be on Abigail's side...not a one of them have ever stood by Sami so should be no different now.
I am so done with all this.

I'm done, too, with this seemingly endless discussion, which somehow has switched to comparing parental skills.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”