Robert Scott Wilson to DOOL as Ben.

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Chrissi

Robert Scott Wilson to DOOL as Ben.

Postby Chrissi » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:58 am

Matt

Re: Robert Scott Wilson to DOOL as Ben.

Postby Matt » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:07 pm

Jen821

Postby Jen821 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:44 pm

So why is Justin/current Ben, being replaced? He is doing a good job and is a nice enough looking young man. hum? They can't even let you get use to the newbie before they are being replaced.

We barley have scene Jade Harlow/Sheryl and now she is almost gone or recurring status.

That is too bad about Justin Gaston. Maybe he got a better part then his Dool part.

fadingrose

Postby fadingrose » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Add the recent "merry-go-round" of characters (both new and old) to the long list of ways the writers keep letting us down. People come and go faster than we even get to see a story line. "Ben" never got a chance to show what he could do, so for his sake, I hope he left of his own accord.

It seems to me that the writers may be getting desperate to raise the ratings, simply by having newbies barge into town with a weak (or non-existent) s/l. Even if fans get a little interested, the newbies are gone, while the tried-and-true veterans do little but enhance the scenery.

Lialovessoaps

Postby Lialovessoaps » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:42 pm

Robert will be a better Ben, and I can really see Abi with him now. They'll be a gorgeous couple.

medavinci

Postby medavinci » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:58 pm

I think jUstin Gaston is so much better looking than this new guy. He looks like he could replace Nick Fallon....poor poor choice IMO. Days is having real casting problems....I don't like Paige either....she has no appeal whatsoever. Wish they'd replace her ASAP.

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:23 pm

I can see why they replaced Justin, he is awful! He tries to all all intense all the time and it just looks so fake. He and Abi were laughable in just their early scenes. Don't know the new Ben, don't care. Ejabby all the way!!!!!

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:23 pm

Quote fadingrose: Add the recent "merry-go-round" of characters (both new and old) to the long list of ways the writers keep letting us down. People come and go faster than we even get to see a story line. "Ben" never got a chance to show what he could do, so for his sake, I hope he left of his own accord.

It seems to me that the writers may be getting desperate to raise the ratings, simply by having newbies barge into town with a weak (or non-existent) s/l. Even if fans get a little interested, the newbies are gone, while the tried-and-true veterans do little but enhance the scenery.

And the bottom line is who give a rats' - - - - about "Ben"? Honestly, it goes from bad to worse with tptb's choices & their choices about bringing on characters who make no difference whatsoever!! If they REALLY want to make a difference they'd bring back recognizable characters the audience can relate to who're still available and are still strong & popular who they've wasted. They HAVE to know all these newbie, unfamiliar ones they keep forcing aren't making an iota of difference. The show still owns the bottom of the ratings!! There is NO chance "Ben" has any affect on the ratings because nobody cares (not any number who makes a difference, that is)!!

CindyHaskins

Postby CindyHaskins » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:18 pm

I am glad that days of our lives recasted ben ridgeway.and who want to see strong and popular character back on the show and who hardly any storyline left to be told.one more thing i happen to love the newbies and really don't see what wrong with days of our lives casting new character.

fadingrose

Postby fadingrose » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:40 am

Quote CindyHaskins: I am glad that days of our lives recasted ben ridgeway.and who want to see strong and popular character back on the show and who hardly any storyline left to be told.one more thing i happen to love the newbies and really don't see what wrong with days of our lives casting new character.

Of course, there's nothing "wrong" with introducing newbies to the cast--but the writers need to whet our interest sooner-rather-than later in the intended s/l. Otherwise, as with Jordan, for example, we become bored before forming any attachment to the newcomer. Maybe if there were fewer new characters arriving in a short space of time, we could connect more with at least a couple of them. As for "Ben," only time will tell whether his replacement does a better job portraying whatever the writers had in mind for him.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”