DOOL has gotten BORING

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Rosieroserson

Re: DOOL has gotten BORING

Postby Rosieroserson » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Quote HouseTops: Very boring. >( DOOL is on @ 2 local time and I find I don't want to rush home and watch anymore... %(

Hi HouseTops!
I couldn't agree more...... What a yawn fest!!!!

fadingrose

Postby fadingrose » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:14 am

Talk about SLOW MOTION! It seems like even certain dialogues are merely repeated word-for-word, episode after episode. There's not even anything "new" to discuss in the Message Board. I imagine most of us are staying tuned in, to be sure we don't miss anything. But I'm afraid even the "big EJabby reveal" (at the EJami wedding?) may be a let-down if it ever happens. Unfortunately, sweeps month seems too far off for us to wait patiently... (But I guess most of us WILL)

stjarna

Postby stjarna » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:07 am

Quote fadingrose: Talk about SLOW MOTION! It seems like even certain dialogues are merely repeated word-for-word, episode after episode. There's not even anything "new" to discuss in the Message Board. I imagine most of us are staying tuned in, to be sure we don't miss anything. But I'm afraid even the "big EJabby reveal" (at the EJami wedding?) may be a let-down if it ever happens. Unfortunately, sweeps month seems too far off for us to wait patiently... (But I guess most of us WILL)

Talk about Snail pace and the only thing they are achieving is that people come to the point of not caring much at all... there is no interesting dynamic among characters... too much repetition... and I will take Dannifer again as an example...how many people tried to break them up so far?! Same old, same old...
and about the Ejabby exposure...and another Ejami wedding ruined- sl too predictable.... how about surprising us with the no exposure! And a happy Ejami wedding! ;)
It seems like Days is dying out...and when they reach the 50 year mark, I wouldn't be surprised if it got canceled. ~)

Sunlover127

Postby Sunlover127 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:26 am

I have to say that not only is DOOL boring and repetitive, as a looooooong time fan....I am tremendously disappointed with the EJ/Ab-- sex storyline. Yuck!

At this point I only watch with the hope that there will be a decent storyline worth watching.....but I am on the verge of giving up. I have already quit setting the DVR to record it, I no longer arrange my lunch to be able to watch days and if I miss an episode.....I don't watch online. In fact, there are many days I find more enjoyable things to do than waste my time watching this poorly written soap. (Especially now that winter is over and I can get outside!)

One would think that being at the bottom of the ratings would wake up the writers! Look at the strongest fan base and stop writing garbage that bores them or ticks them off which in turn causes the ratings to further fall! Is there no one able to figure this out.

I see no way for DOOL to redeem itself! I think it is doomed to go the way of other soaps......cancelled.

flightygirl

Postby flightygirl » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:35 am

Quote Sunlover127: I have to say that not only is DOOL boring and repetitive, as a looooooong time fan....I am tremendously disappointed with the EJ/Ab-- sex storyline. Yuck!

At this point I only watch with the hope that there will be a decent storyline worth watching.....but I am on the verge of giving up. I have already quit setting the DVR to record it, I no longer arrange my lunch to be able to watch days and if I miss an episode.....I don't watch online. In fact, there are many days I find more enjoyable things to do than waste my time watching this poorly written soap. (Especially now that winter is over and I can get outside!)

One would think that being at the bottom of the ratings would wake up the writers! Look at the strongest fan base and stop writing garbage that bores them or ticks them off which in turn causes the ratings to further fall! Is there no one able to figure this out.

I see no way for DOOL to redeem itself! I think it is doomed to go the way of other soaps......cancelled.

I hate to say this but Days deserves to be cancelled at this point. It seems to me the older MEN are out of touch with what viewers want to see. I capitalized men because the majority of viewers are women...

Jen821

Postby Jen821 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:56 am

All the writers have to do is read the boards and see what the fans want and give us something, anything to make the show better! I don't get it. The show is terrible, just awful and it doesn't have to be. Yup! it deserves to be cancelled! Boring, boring and more boring!

deidnbella

Postby deidnbella » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:12 pm

I, personally, am so tired of the stupid black mail stories that keep going on!!!!!

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:52 pm

Quote stjarna:
Quote fadingrose: Talk about SLOW MOTION! It seems like even certain dialogues are merely repeated word-for-word, episode after episode. There's not even anything "new" to discuss in the Message Board. I imagine most of us are staying tuned in, to be sure we don't miss anything. But I'm afraid even the "big EJabby reveal" (at the EJami wedding?) may be a let-down if it ever happens. Unfortunately, sweeps month seems too far off for us to wait patiently... (But I guess most of us WILL)

Talk about Snail pace and the only thing they are achieving is that people come to the point of not caring much at all... there is no interesting dynamic among characters... too much repetition... and I will take Dannifer again as an example...how many people tried to break them up so far?! Same old, same old...
and about the Ejabby exposure...and another Ejami wedding ruined- sl too predictable.... how about surprising us with the no exposure! And a happy Ejami wedding! ;)
It seems like Days is dying out...and when they reach the 50 year mark, I wouldn't be surprised if it got canceled. ~)

Your last sentence here is spot on! Doubt seriously if DAYS survives past that "50th" celebration either unless NBC just doesn't have ANYTHING to put into the time slot. IMO "ANYTHING" would be better than today's DAYS' product they're putting onscreen. TPTB LONG ago turned a deaf ear to what the fans wanted - even when the ratings sunk to the bottom & even since they've OWNED that position for several years now. Apparently, they don't care but it's ever so strange there's been NO effort to change for the better. The same failing stuff is still put out there week to week. Some like me quit watching a good while back & read only message boards staying in amazement at the negative comments, the show sitting on the bottom, and seeing NO change whatsoever (my start there would be the writers, some of the producers, and then hiring someone who'd go back & see what made the show popular & KEPT it popular - what was the style, what type characters, what features/sl's sold & kept interest, etc.)! Someone who'd research WHEN the show started the nosedive & figure out WHY! Anyway, "boring" is putting it nicely about DAYS - it's that & much more!!

Return to “Days of Our Lives”