Will and Sonny's wedding is TOMORROW????

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
mauimama

Will and Sonny's wedding is TOMORROW????

Postby mauimama » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:27 pm

I thought it was a few weeks off... how does Marlena get her on-line $38 minister license that quick? FED EX 1 day delivery??? I don't see Maggie fluttering around with florist, caterers, etc... and Sami's so dam busy running around town getting her nose in everybody's business- I hope she's had time to get an appropriate "Mother of the bride" dress... Of course the way she's dressed and done her hair lately, I imagine she'll find something in the teenage JR dept at JCPenney to wear!

TalkHawk

Re: Will and Sonny's wedding is TOMORROW????

Postby TalkHawk » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Maybe they are having an April Fools Wedding lol.

sonnyhat127

Postby sonnyhat127 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:41 pm

Quote mauimama: I thought it was a few weeks off... how does Marlena get her on-line $38 minister license that quick? FED EX 1 day delivery??? I don't see Maggie fluttering around with florist, caterers, etc... and Sami's so dam busy running around town getting her nose in everybody's business- I hope she's had time to get an appropriate "Mother of the bride" dress... Of course the way she's dressed and done her hair lately, I imagine she'll find something in the teenage JR dept at JCPenney to wear!

Sami will have plenty of time since she is no longer washing and styling her hair. She's going with the grungy look.

miladytn

Postby miladytn » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:17 pm

The wedding is supposed to be the first week of April so that's next week. I don't know if it ends the same week. But there's plenty of pre-wedding activities to get through. "Tomorrow" in soap time is not the same as "tomorrow" in real time :)

LOL @ the April Fool wedding. Love it!

daysforever

Postby daysforever » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Quote mauimama: I thought it was a few weeks off... how does Marlena get her on-line $38 minister license that quick? FED EX 1 day delivery??? I don't see Maggie fluttering around with florist, caterers, etc... and Sami's so dam busy running around town getting her nose in everybody's business- I hope she's had time to get an appropriate "Mother of the bride" dress... Of course the way she's dressed and done her hair lately, I imagine she'll find something in the teenage JR dept at JCPenney to wear!

Tee Hee Mauimama. So true. My biggest wish is that Will and Sonny break the Salem Wedding Curse and get married without incident, murder or mayhem. That's my wish.

sweetsydee

Postby sweetsydee » Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:32 am

I don't understand why DOOL has all the Catholic characters attending a gay wedding when everybody knows that Catholics are against homosexuality. Especially Marlena Evans being the officiant of it. I am Catholic and I don't plan on watching it!

Pinedays

Postby Pinedays » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:30 am

Quote sweetsydee: I don't understand why DOOL has all the Catholic characters attending a gay wedding when everybody knows that Catholics are against homosexuality. Especially Marlena Evans being the officiant of it. I am Catholic and I don't plan on watching it!

I'm not sure what to think about it either. If I remember right the only one who was against Sonny/Will is Nick and that's because he was raped in prison. Is this realistic? Marlena's son is a priest. Now she'll be officiating a gay wedding? I like how they've developed the relationship between Sonny and Will but I don't think the rest of it has been well portrayed. Days has to realize they can't have it both ways.

waggo50

Postby waggo50 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:53 am

I too find it totally unrealistic and silly that everyone in their family approves and can hardly wait to attend Will and Sonny's wedding. Hello TPTB this is Salem, a small mid west city in the U.S., not Hollywood. The fact that most of the family are Catholics makes it even sillier.
Even in this country (Canada) where same sex marriage has been legal for almost 10 years many people (even those who don't have a problem with gay people) still don't approve of gay marriage and would never attend a gay wedding.
I am very sure this gay wedding will go off without a hitch, it is only heterosexual weddings that end in disaster (like EJAMI) .

Pinedays

Postby Pinedays » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Quote waggo50: I too find it totally unrealistic and silly that everyone in their family approves and can hardly wait to attend Will and Sonny's wedding. Hello TPTB this is Salem, a small mid west city in the U.S., not Hollywood. The fact that most of the family are Catholics makes it even sillier.
Even in this country (Canada) where same sex marriage has been legal for almost 10 years many people (even those who don't have a problem with gay people) still don't approve of gay marriage and would never attend a gay wedding.
I am very sure this gay wedding will go off without a hitch, it is only heterosexual weddings that end in disaster (like EJAMI) .

Exactly. If they didn't want to delve into all the issues they could have at least had some of the family members go along with it but disapprove?? It makes absolutely no sense that everyone would be so excited about something that is still such a controversy in real life. Like you said the fact that they have gone out of their way to promote Catholicism makes it even more hilarious. Eric can't marry Nicole because of a "catholic rule" but Marlena (his mother) will preside over a gay wedding. I'm lost with this show.

CindyHaskins

Postby CindyHaskins » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:02 pm

Well I for one am a fan of will and sonny.I don't have a problem with days of our lives doing a gay wedding.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”