James Scott staying on Days?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
whiterabbit1962

Re: James Scott staying on Days?

Postby whiterabbit1962 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:22 pm

Quote wwwwww: Since Alison is leaving Days will they still keep James Scott around. I hope so he's a really good actor. There's still lots of things they can do with EJ that doesn't involve Sami. I'd like to see them do a EJ backstory of his time before he came to Salem and what he was like. I know Ken Corday said that Days was actor proof but if he loses James they could really be in trouble. EJ is a more popular character than Sami.

EJ BETTER stay! If they lose Sami AND Ej then they lose me too - I've been watching 40+ years. They can't lose both

flightygirl

Postby flightygirl » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Quote Iluvniyah:
Quote ah76: In late 2011 James Scott signed a contract extension with the show that would have kept him on Days till May 2013.Now he may have renewed it for another year last year.Which means it could be up in a few months.Now with Allison Sweeney leaving in May that could affect James's decision.Since he joined the show in 2006 most of EJ's story have one way or another involved Sami.Plus in the latest issue of SOD Ail said she told Ken Corday she would love to come back one day and would be open to come back when there are weddings and funerals on
the show or big events like the 50th anniversary in 2015.Plus since her contract expires in May Allison could spend the Summer with her kids and come September she could want to come back.So if James and Allison both leave the show could write Sami and EJ off together somehow but leave the door open for them to come back.

It baffles the mind why some want to tie James Scott contract to Ali's departure....IMO one has nothing to do with the other. I am quite sure Jame's paycheck is not attached to Allison Sweeney's status or vice versa. Do they want an Ejami union that badly that they rather not have the actor at all if they can't have him with Sami????

NO! James Scott should not be fired because Alison Sweeney theoretically wants to spend more time with her kids! KC should offer JS anything to stay!
JMHO

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:33 pm

Quote flightygirl:
Quote Iluvniyah:
Quote ah76: In late 2011 James Scott signed a contract extension with the show that would have kept him on Days till May 2013.Now he may have renewed it for another year last year.Which means it could be up in a few months.Now with Allison Sweeney leaving in May that could affect James's decision.Since he joined the show in 2006 most of EJ's story have one way or another involved Sami.Plus in the latest issue of SOD Ail said she told Ken Corday she would love to come back one day and would be open to come back when there are weddings and funerals on
the show or big events like the 50th anniversary in 2015.Plus since her contract expires in May Allison could spend the Summer with her kids and come September she could want to come back.So if James and Allison both leave the show could write Sami and EJ off together somehow but leave the door open for them to come back.

It baffles the mind why some want to tie James Scott contract to Ali's departure....IMO one has nothing to do with the other. I am quite sure Jame's paycheck is not attached to Allison Sweeney's status or vice versa. Do they want an Ejami union that badly that they rather not have the actor at all if they can't have him with Sami????

NO! James Scott should not be fired because Alison Sweeney theoretically wants to spend more time with her kids! KC should offer JS anything to stay!
JMHO

I don't think anyone said anything about JS being fired because of As leaving.
But he has had contact problems long before this so anything to do with him should not have anything to do with AS leaving to spend more time with her kids.
Not sure I would agree to offer any actor anything just to stay...if that were the case then they should have done right by PR.

Undeniable Truth

Postby Undeniable Truth » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:56 pm

Quote dazgonby:
Quote flightygirl:
Quote Iluvniyah:

JMHO

But he has had contact problems long before this so anything to do with him should not have anything to do with AS leaving to spend more time with her kids.
Not sure I would agree to offer any actor anything just to stay...if that were the case then they should have done right by PR.

True. I'd be willing to bet James only wants a good story to stay. If they don't have what he believes is a good one for him, he should cut and run now. That's why I said I wouldn't blame him if he did leave. Hasn't a thing to do with Ali, her contract, or EJami...merely whether or not it will be good for his career to stay on.

These next two years leading up to 50 will be either the best or the worst days of our lives. I'd hate it for him if he stayed only to have it be the latter. I wish him luck as he looks at all the cards on the table and decides what's best for himself.

flightygirl

Postby flightygirl » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Quote Undeniable Truth:
Quote dazgonby:
Quote flightygirl:
Quote Iluvniyah:

JMHO

True. I'd be willing to bet James only wants a good story to stay. If they don't have what he believes is a good one for him, he should cut and run now. That's why I said I wouldn't blame him if he did leave. Hasn't a thing to do with Ali, her contract, or EJami...merely whether or not it will be good for his career to stay on.

These next two years leading up to 50 will be either the best or the worst days of our lives. I'd hate it for him if he stayed only to have it be the latter. I wish him luck as he looks at all the cards on the table and decides what's best for himself.

flightygirl

Postby flightygirl » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:16 pm

I wasn't speaking to anyone specifically but in general. If JS wants to leave, I wish the best for him. I wish the best for AS as well. I still want an Ejami wedding but I don't know how they get past his infidelity??

dazgonby

Postby dazgonby » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Quote flightygirl: I wasn't speaking to anyone specifically but in general. If JS wants to leave, I wish the best for him. I wish the best for AS as well. I still want an Ejami wedding but I don't know how they get past his infidelity??

I don't know either %(

fadingrose

Postby fadingrose » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:28 pm

Quote wwwwww:
Quote ah76: In late 2011 James Scott signed a contract extension with the show that would have kept him on Days till May 2013.Now he may have renewed it for another year last year.Which means it could be up in a few months.Now with Allison Sweeney leaving in May that could affect James's decision.Since he joined the show in 2006 most of EJ's story have one way or another involved Sami.Plus in the latest issue of SOD Ail said she told Ken Corday she would love to come back one day and would be open to come back when there are weddings and funerals on the show or big events like the 50th anniversary in 2015.Plus since her contract expires in May Allison could spend the Summer with her kids and come September she could want to come back.So if James and Allison both leave the show could write Sami and EJ off together somehow but leave the door open for them to come back.

Money talks. If Ken does sign her for only 5 or 6 episodes a year she will probably want the same amount of money maybe even more. He could probably get Peter Reckell and Eileen Davidson back for the same amount and they would work full time. I know Peter would. He wants a story if he comes back. I would wait till The Biggest Loser got cancelled or gets a new host then negotiate a contract with Alison for a reasonable amout. I bet she comes back when The Biggest Loser gets cancelled

I have enough faith that Ali REALLY does want to spend uninterrupted time with her family at this stage of their lives. That decision would not prevent her from briefly returning to Salem for special events or plot demands, just like Julie, Kim, Shane, and other past actors have done for a few days.

......Consider me naïve--but I'd like to think that not every decision for some people is "all about the money." Come to think of it, couldn't that also apply to James Scott?

wwwwww

Postby wwwwww » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:35 pm

Quote fadingrose:
Quote wwwwww:
Quote ah76: In late 2011 James Scott signed a contract extension with the show that would have kept him on Days till May 2013.Now he may have renewed it for another year last year.Which means it could be up in a few months.Now with Allison Sweeney leaving in May that could affect James's decision.Since he joined the show in 2006 most of EJ's story have one way or another involved Sami.Plus in the latest issue of SOD Ail said she told Ken Corday she would love to come back one day and would be open to come back when there are weddings and funerals on the show or big events like the 50th anniversary in 2015.Plus since her contract expires in May Allison could spend the Summer with her kids and come September she could want to come back.So if James and Allison both leave the show could write Sami and EJ off together somehow but leave the door open for them to come back.

Money talks. If Ken does sign her for only 5 or 6 episodes a year she will probably want the same amount of money maybe even more. He could probably get Peter Reckell and Eileen Davidson back for the same amount and they would work full time. I know Peter would. He wants a story if he comes back. I would wait till The Biggest Loser got cancelled or gets a new host then negotiate a contract with Alison for a reasonable amout. I bet she comes back when The Biggest Loser gets cancelled

I have enough faith that Ali REALLY does want to spend uninterrupted time with her family at this stage of their lives. That decision would not prevent her from briefly returning to Salem for special events or plot demands, just like Julie, Kim, Shane, and other past actors have done for a few days.

......Consider me naïve--but I'd like to think that not every decision for some people is "all about the money." Come to think of it, couldn't that also apply to James Scott?

I don't really care about special appearances. I just hope she returns to the show full time someday. I think how Sami exits will make it very hard for her to make appearances. I see them killing her off but no body is found leaving it open if Alison wants to return full time. They do need to address Sami's true love before she goes. I hope it isn't Rafe. I want it to be EJ.

Sunlover127

Postby Sunlover127 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:01 pm

I agree with wwwwww! I hope the writers address Sami's true love before she departs DOOL and I hope it is EJ!

I hope her leaving is left open ended so she can return fulltime if she chooses when her real life family/children are older and she has the time again to be on DOOL.

I would love to see a story line developed where Sami DOES NOT get over EJ's infidelity with Abigail and she leaves to get away and sort things out in her life as she has gone from man to man without really ever taking time to analyze herself. She could be working elsewhere and make appearances at special events.

All the while she is gone, EJ will try to fill the void left by Samantha's departure with a whole bevy of women!! That would make all the EJ fans that like to see him in sex scenes happy!!! Every time EJ sees Samantha is back in town for one of the special events, he would look at her longingly and then try harder to find a women to replace Sami. He would realize and be totally grief stricken in the knowledge that his dalliance with the "tart" Abigail cost him his beloved Samantha! The writers could have the various women all be jealous of Sami as they know EJ still loves her and can never fully commit to them. There could be many very interesting storylines with the various women!

I would hate to see Abigail pregnant by EJ. She is Jennifer's daughter and too connected to Sami and everyone else in Salem!!! That is just disgusting that she is pared with EJ given that he is Sami's love of her life and soul mate!!!

I hope JS stays on DOOL but....whatever happens happens...like sands through the hourglass....

Return to “Days of Our Lives”