Hope and Aiden

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
LuvBoHope

Re: Hope and Aiden

Postby LuvBoHope » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:30 pm

Quote mauimama: And of course the painfully obvious plot ---- after the 2 quit bickering, they get into a physical altercation which always leads to a passionate kiss -- yaddi yaddi yaddi and then of course, as they are about to be married, BO returns from the "dead" complete with plastic surgery that has changed his face (since tiic will have to do a re-cast since PR isn't coming back!) Isn't this a Jennifer/Jack/Dan repeat???

And we ALL know how popular the Jenn/Dan pairing has been - a complete flop even tho they're front & center with center stage dialogue forced constantly with EVERY opportunity to catch on. Got rid of Jack to push Dan/Jenn - chose not to write for Bo & brought Aiden on to, again I'm sure - FORCE! At least Jack "died" even tho a failed choice by tptb - Bo's still out there in limbo (don't think they'll recast and who cares? They don't like the character & won't write for him - THE reason Peter left the role). Bad choices by tptb and pathetic writing (exits for these 2 strong/popular masculine male established characters - Bo & Jack)!!

fadingrose

Postby fadingrose » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:41 am

Quote mauimama: And of course the painfully obvious plot ---- after the 2 quit bickering, they get into a physical altercation which always leads to a passionate kiss -- yaddi yaddi yaddi and then of course, as they are about to be married, BO returns from the "dead" complete with plastic surgery that has changed his face (since tiic will have to do a re-cast since PR isn't coming back!) Isn't this a Jennifer/Jack/Dan repeat???

Yes, it WOULD be a repeat, one of several over-used plots. But, there is only a limited number of tricky or "surprise" s/ls soap writers have at their disposal--unless they brnig on the supernatural(and DOOL writers have even done that!)

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:42 am

Quote fadingrose:

Yes, it WOULD be a repeat, one of several over-used plots. But, there is only a limited number of tricky or "surprise" s/ls soap writers have at their disposal--unless they brnig on the supernatural(and DOOL writers have even done that!)

And since these writers have NO problem using the easy "painfully obvious", "overused", & recognized plot of having Hope & Aiden do the usual hate first/romance next sl why not also go with the "presumed dead" for Bo as well? The "supernatural" is the most UNrealistic of all even though former writers did try that for change at one time! At least the "presumed dead" is the BEST option here for Bo instead of that ridiculous letter he sent - leaves the door open for Bo/Peter to return (believable to his character & acceptable for Hope to move on), but that's the most unlikely of all to happen since the writers won't write for that character anymore! Makes that the most suspenseful part of this scenario leaving a "surprise" effect imo - always wondering - and, who knows? Maybe, just maybe, the writers will wake up, decide to write quality story material for Bo, and bring Bo back!

CindyHaskins

Postby CindyHaskins » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:21 pm

I am hoping that days of our lives writers never wake up and writes good material for bo and keep him off the show.that way hope can finally be with real man one that will love and be completely to devoted.

speedor

Postby speedor » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 am

Wow I must say that Kristian Alfonso looked amazing at the wedding!

dancie

Postby dancie » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:14 pm

Quote speedor: Wow I must say that Kristian Alfonso looked amazing at the wedding!

Yes she is a beautiful woman, and nice to see them investing a little more effort in her lately. Not enough to suit me but it may get better, can only wish for that to happen.

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:02 pm

Quote speedor: Wow I must say that Kristian Alfonso looked amazing at the wedding!

Kristian IS drop dead gorgeous and a tremendous talent. It's "amazing" Hope & Bope were backburned for so long used as props! Wonders never cease!!

scorpiogirl 43

Postby scorpiogirl 43 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:08 pm

please please just get rid of hope! over done boring!!! ~)

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Quote scorpiogirl 43: please please just get rid of hope! over done boring!!! ~)

Everyone's entitled to opinions and I admit Hope's dialogue in the last several years has been about as "boring" as it gets (she's been used basically as pretty window dressing propping other's sl's through these years - THAT is the fault of the writing team and NOT the actress/character. Hope is a proven, extremely popular talent when given decent story material (which has NOT happened recently). She ALWAYS delivered & DAYS prospered! But "overdone"?? You HAVE to be kidding! Her fans have been complaining about how rarely she's shown & utilized for YEARS. If she's being "overdone" I'd hate to think how Dan, Jennifer, EJ, Sami, Nicole, Brady, Rafe, Will, & some of the newbies I don't know or recognize who're forced nonstop, etc. could be described (possibly, burnt out!). Honestly!! And look at what's it's done for the ratings - REMAINS alone in the rating's cellar!!

dancie

Postby dancie » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:22 am

Quote LuvBoHope:
Quote scorpiogirl 43: please please just get rid of hope! over done boring!!! ~)

Everyone's entitled to opinions and I admit Hope's dialogue in the last several years has been about as "boring" as it gets (she's been used basically as pretty window dressing propping other's sl's through these years - THAT is the fault of the writing team and NOT the actress/character. Hope is a proven, extremely popular talent when given decent story material (which has NOT happened recently). She ALWAYS delivered & DAYS prospered! But "overdone"?? You HAVE to be kidding! Her fans have been complaining about how rarely she's shown & utilized for YEARS. If she's being "overdone" I'd hate to think how Dan, Jennifer, EJ, Sami, Nicole, Brady, Rafe, Will, & some of the newbies I don't know or recognize who're forced nonstop, etc. could be described (possibly, burnt out!). Honestly!! And look at what's it's done for the ratings - REMAINS alone in the rating's cellar!!

Kudos to you , well said. Yeah she barely gets any screen time and for years has been all about Sammie , talk about burned out on s/l of she plans to get married, something happens to ruin it, or she gets married and her own actions ruin it, or she is on again off again with EJ. To fans that like EJami good for you, but fans of Hope here think no such thing as her part being over done in any respect.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”