Hope and Aiden

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
3WishGenie

Re: Hope and Aiden

Postby 3WishGenie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:32 pm

I wish Hope was on a lot more too. She is one of my favs. I also like Haiden but I'm also ready for the development to get to the next stage. The whole running into each other thing has gotten old already. How about they work on a case together? She's the cop, he's the lawyer. It doesn't have to be romantic right away but I would like to see a different interaction.

Magic66

Postby Magic66 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:26 pm

If Hope/Aiden is GT/Sell idea of some old Fashion
Romance,I would say its a no go.Hope needs someone
that is her speed. %( Aiden is a drip like those two
Beta Fish I had.

Magic66

Postby Magic66 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:32 pm

Quote dazgonby: Are they just going to have Hope be in an affair or will they really give her a chance with someone else...if so then they need to have her get a divorce and start a new life.

Bope has been apart
so long that I guess they are considered as single.
They aren't free to marry until there is a divorce.

CindyHaskins

Postby CindyHaskins » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:37 pm

Well I for one don't want to see hope with some guy who is her speed she deserve so much better than that.i love aiden i really don't see him has a drip.one more thing bo and hope are not even legally married.so hope is free to be with any man she want.

speedor

Postby speedor » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:55 am

I'm rooting for some Happiness for Hope!

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:36 am

Quote speedor: I'm rooting for some Happiness for Hope!

I think ALL of Hope's fans are rooting for some happiness for her! They're ready for her to move on when her true history is dealt with favorably!! Don't know what these writers have her status as being from that ridiculous John/Gina situation - "legally" married or not - but to Bo & Hope (and the great majority in the audience) they certainly considered themselves married & Bope would never divorce by mail. With that being said it is necessary they need to have her story believable to her incredible character & respectable to Bope's iconic love story (even with the many nasty, temporary plot devices done over the years to keep them apart/reuniting for excitement & interest)- they were simply the best of the show and that closure needs to be handled favorably to the legions of Bope fans BEFORE she starts a new romance. THEN EVERYONE would be SO supportive rather than leaving more of a sour, bitter taste in the mouths of MANY!!

speedor

Postby speedor » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:24 am

I completley agree
Quote LuvBoHope:

I think ALL of Hope's fans are rooting for some happiness for her! They're ready for her to move on when her true history is dealt with favorably!! Don't know what these writers have her status as being from that ridiculous John/Gina situation - "legally" married or not - but to Bo & Hope (and the great majority in the audience) they certainly considered themselves married & Bope would never divorce by mail. With that being said it is necessary they need to have her story believable to her incredible character & respectable to Bope's iconic love story (even with the many nasty, temporary plot devices done over the years to keep them apart/reuniting for excitement & interest)- they were simply the best of the show and that closure needs to be handled favorably to the legions of Bope fans BEFORE she starts a new romance. THEN EVERYONE would be SO supportive rather than leaving more of a sour, bitter taste in the mouths of MANY!!

dancie

Postby dancie » Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:16 am

Quote LuvBoHope:
Quote dancie: I guess I beg to differ with show dealing with her character just fine, and yes everyone entitled to their opinion. I am not talking about her character as a person but the chracter Hope. I am long time fan of Hope. I just don't feel they show case her to any real degree anymore, they let her be in shadows of everyone else for a long time, she gets seen 1x2 a week maybe and only briefly. The shadow figures hiding in bushes spying on everyone else get as much airtime. Her wardrobe seems to be all dark colors anymore, or maybe
because you only catch brief glimpse weekly you just get use
to the one outfit per week. Some change outfits 2-3 per day, well especially since it became the Sammie Brady show years ago. I like Sammie okay most of the time but .....have to admit the show has evolved around her for years. Just saying...

And along with "Just saying" - just look at what the ratings have been since the show evolved in that direction -the bottom of the ratings. It's totally inargurable that Bope were the most popular supercouple DAYS ever had - it's inargurable that supercouples were a very strong value to DAYS during it's top-rated years - and it's inargurable since tptb dropped that the show has suffered (along with dropping the strong/popular vets). It's inargurable that DAYS sits in the cellar because they've put all the popular vets on the backburner as props for these newbie/unrecognizable newbies (I tuned in for a minute to see if Hope would be on since it was the end of the week & she was due, but she was giving the usual propping dribble - this time - to Nicole's sL). HELLO - that is not helping the show & is SO demeaning to Hope who has been the most popular leading lady for YEARS with given material. It's not rocket science for gosh sakes. Somebody in tptb must love living in the gutter!!

Very well phrased, I agree with your sentiments. I am not happy with what they have done with her s/l or the other veterans on the show. If they are gearing it to younger crowd should remember they may not necessarily be ones that buy the merchandise that goes into ads for that time slot.JMO

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:29 am

Quote dancie:
Quote LuvBoHope:
Quote dancie: I guess I beg to differ with show dealing with her character just fine, and yes everyone entitled to their opinion. I am not talking about her character as a person but the chracter Hope. I am long time fan of Hope. I just don't feel they show case her to any real degree anymore, they let her be in shadows of everyone else for a long time, she gets seen 1x2 a week maybe and only briefly. The shadow figures hiding in bushes spying on everyone else get as much airtime. Her wardrobe seems to be all dark colors anymore, or maybe
because you only catch brief glimpse weekly you just get use
to the one outfit per week. Some change outfits 2-3 per day, well especially since it became the Sammie Brady show years ago. I like Sammie okay most of the time but .....have to admit the show has evolved around her for years. Just saying...

And along with "Just saying" - just look at what the ratings have been since the show evolved in that direction -the bottom of the ratings. It's totally inargurable that Bope were the most popular supercouple DAYS ever had - it's inargurable that supercouples were a very strong value to DAYS during it's top-rated years - and it's inargurable since tptb dropped that the show has suffered (along with dropping the strong/popular vets). It's inargurable that DAYS sits in the cellar because they've put all the popular vets on the backburner as props for these newbie/unrecognizable newbies (I tuned in for a minute to see if Hope would be on since it was the end of the week & she was due, but she was giving the usual propping dribble - this time - to Nicole's sL). HELLO - that is not helping the show & is SO demeaning to Hope who has been the most popular leading lady for YEARS with given material. It's not rocket science for gosh sakes. Somebody in tptb must love living in the gutter!!

Very well phrased, I agree with your sentiments. I am not happy with what they have done with her s/l or the other veterans on the show. If they are gearing it to younger crowd should remember they may not necessarily be ones that buy the merchandise that goes into ads for that time slot.JMO

Exactly and they definitely AREN'T the viewers who'll stick with the show like the established, long-term viewers have over the decades (and many of them aren't THAT old but recent writing teams have neglected, insulted, & disrespected them so long they've pushed most of them away)!! While everyone understands why they bring on younger characters NOBODY understands why DAYS chose to shelve the vets & push them totally aside & put ALL the newbies out front and ignore the show's & characters' histories while the show sits all alone in the cellar!! One vet, Jennifer (and nothing against her but why her, I don't know), gets front & center sl's non-stop & stays there regardless of how unpopular the story material is. They really brought her down along with the show imo! This young audience will come & go (got too much other stuff out there nowadays to keep them interested) - they're as shallow as the story material these writers are putting out there!!

3WishGenie

Postby 3WishGenie » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:53 pm

Quote LuvBoHope:

The only thing I can think of is that they plan on recasting Bo sometime down the line. I can't think of any other reason why the marriage status is not being addressed. Once Haiden become very close, Bo will return from his undercover mission in typical soap fashion.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”