I cannot wait for Will Horton to be recast

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
mauimama

I cannot wait for Will Horton to be recast

Postby mauimama » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:55 pm

I've never cared for this actor portraying Will and don't understand how he won any awards...all he does is snicker and sneer throughout every scene he's in.. and although I am NOT a prude - I'm really sick of the constant kiss on the mouth between Will and Sonny in EVERY SINGLE scene! Not even Kristen or Sami get that much action from their lovers!

kayhan

Re: I cannot wait for Will Horton to be recast

Postby kayhan » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:06 pm

Quote mauimama: I've never cared for this actor portraying Will and don't understand how he won any awards...all he does is snicker and sneer throughout every scene he's in.. and although I am NOT a prude - I'm really sick of the constant kiss on the mouth between Will and Sonny in EVERY SINGLE scene! Not even Kristen or Sami get that much action from their lovers!

Will and Sonny do not kiss in every single scene. Not sure what show you are watching . Sure they kiss on the mouth what is wrong with that?

Chandler Massey is a great actor and does a fine job. He may smile in scenes that ma y not need it but so what. Not sure why that annoys people. He earned the emmy for his portrayal in dramatic scenes. Why do people have to be so critical? Especially when the job is not yours to judge.

cam1207

Postby cam1207 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:43 pm

I totally agree with Kayhan...what show are you watching? Yes, on rare occasions Will and Sonny have a very chaste kiss on the lips, much the same that I do when greeting friends - they NEVER kiss as lovers. Sami & EJ, Nicole & Brady or EJ, Kristen & Brady, Eric & Kristen to name a few seem to swallow each others faces..and Will and Sonny's little pecks are what you single out??? I think your feelings about this love story are showing Mauimama - that said, I cried when Will came out and other scenes, loved the acting - but ever since Chandler announced his plans to leave I feel like he is just walking through the scenes...I think he just stopped bringing it, which is sad - the character and the fans deserved more. I strike it up to immaturity - but have to admit being disappointed in him.

miladytn

Postby miladytn » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:54 pm

CM was great when he took over the role and has been great for a long time. But I agree that lately he does seem a bit "off" somehow. IMHO he is the best Will ever. But I wish he'd get back to the way he was when he took over the role.

EpicFail

Postby EpicFail » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:18 pm

I love Chandler's portrayal of Will - especially when he was EJ's right hand man - I miss that.

lately, they haven't given him much to do, other than yell at Gabi for being with Nick - but when they give him the right material he brings it to life so very well.

maja

Postby maja » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:39 pm

I absolutely loved CM as Will and will miss him as Will. I like how you say you're not a prude and go on to show that you are.Also, I've never saw Sonny & Will kiss in every single scene. Good grief it's sad to read OP's like this. It's the freaking 21st century.Why should Will & Sonny hide their love for each other because it makes some uncomfortable.

CindyHaskins

Postby CindyHaskins » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:43 pm

I never liked chandler massey as will.I cant wait until guy wilson takes over the role as will horton.

EpicFail

Postby EpicFail » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:51 pm

I also think the guy who played Brent would've made a great Will replacement. He had tons of chem with Sonny.

holdingonfordearlife

Postby holdingonfordearlife » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:59 am

I reckon TPTB gave him as little air time as possible
after he stated he was going to college......so he did
what he was asked to do until they called him in their
office and let him go....because the MEDIA found out
FIRST!! BIG WHOOP!!!

I think Chandler did an excellent job and I think he
and Sonny made a great couple. It is really a shame
they are recasting him.....it should have ended with
that Will Horton...and start a new life for Sonny with
someone else....

As far as the "kissing".....I'd rather see them kiss
than the sloppy mess we have to watch with the male/females
acting outs!! At least their storyline leaves a bit of
proving you can love someone without jumping their bones
24/7............apparently the male/female characters on
the show..haven't figured that out.....jumping the bones
does not "LOVE" make........it is just physical release!!

I still see that heart shaped box of candy....UGH!!
Talk about throwing up.....had to run to bathroom!!!
BLAH!!

watchingagain0611

Postby watchingagain0611 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:40 pm

Are you crazy? Chandler has been awesome. The writing has been crap for will/sonny for months. Because of the way he was treated, the last day chandler appears, will be the last day I watch days.

Sounds like you would also prefer a straight storyline for the new Will. Sorry, can't take it back.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”