How does DOOL stay on the air?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
daysforever

Re: How does DOOL stay on the air?

Postby daysforever » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:48 pm

Well, we (The Fans) DO care. It's our fix, our comfortable habit, the place where we watch characters that we love and that we hate grow up, grow out, betray, find love, marry, have babies, grow old, and even die. And at times, it's our Love in the Afternoon! Good or bad story lines. We care, and that's why we watch.

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:40 pm

Quote daysforever: Well, we (The Fans) DO care. It's our fix, our comfortable habit, the place where we watch characters that we love and that we hate grow up, grow out, betray, find love, marry, have babies, grow old, and even die. And at times, it's our Love in the Afternoon! Good or bad story lines. We care, and that's why we watch.

DAYS is VERY fortunate to have a few like you left! The problem for the show in recent decades is they've lost MANY MORE & let them get away by simply not listening & caring about the WHOLE audience - only the ones THEY (the writers) care about while they've attempted to ignore the show's true history & write an entirely different show! That has not kept the numbers up as we all know & why this thread was started. There needs to be no real competition about who still watches & who's left - ratings staying on the bottom of the barrel shows that TPTB have dropped the ball (not the viewer) because they've done absolutely NOTHING to bring their once very loyal, family-like audience back! Their plan has been a dismal failure & there's no promise for better - been going on too long. As for DAYS staying on the air - that IS a puzzle although it no longer affects me, personally - I don't care one iota. It's definitely NOT high ratings, so who knows - maybe they don't have anything better set up in place right now OR they're letting DAYS celebrate 50 yrs. We'll soon know but for those LOVING this cheap product, knock yourselves out! Glad you're enjoying but they definitely need a WHOLE lot more to be comfortable - that's for sure!!

flightygirl

Postby flightygirl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:03 am

If Days wanted people to continue watching they should have quality writers and producers.

CdnMama

Postby CdnMama » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:00 pm

I don't see how it's surviving. It's dead last in the ratings all the time right? Don't the writers see this and care? Do they even care that their sloppy writing and poor treatment of the show is hurting it's viewership? I have it on every day to give it ratings but I most times don't watch all of it. why? because the boring parts outweigh any good parts.
This pimping of Dannifer has got to stop. Every character pimping this couple every day has gotten so boring and predictable and tiresome. So boring!!! Stop trying to force this couple at us. Stop the pimping at least. it is reducing longtime vets to pimping Dannifer and it's sickening.
JJ gets more airtime in one week than Kayla and Hope got this year! It is unbelievable.
Try making stories that the fans want and appreciate and see how the ratings will turn around! Fix the mess and save the show! i for one hope it stays on the air we do NOT need to see this show cancelled and get another lame talk show! That would be a travesty.

CindyHaskins

Postby CindyHaskins » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:23 pm

I am going to be positive that hope will be getting a lot of airtime once chad and Kristen are off of the show.i can careless about kayla she is nothing but a boring character. another thing i do see days of our lives surviving.

done with days

Postby done with days » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:07 pm

I have watched Days for 35 years. The last three years have been beyond awful. The writers write the same story lines over and over. Marriages fail as often as i change my socks. Days is by far, the worse it has ever seen. The show needs new writers!!
I am not a bigot, but i really don't want to see two men kissing. That was the cut off point for me.
Days has turned into a laughing stock.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”