Is Days heading out the door?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Kelby

Is Days heading out the door?

Postby Kelby » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Affiliates moving the show around or putting it on another network. Oh no. I see this show heading out.

mille

Re: Is Days heading out the door?

Postby mille » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Days might be heading towards the door, it would not surprise me one bit.

Kelby

Postby Kelby » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:08 pm

This show has not been good in twenty years. It is amazing how it has stayed this long. The power of the soaps. Or maybe the networks are just too lazy to come up with anything better than to let a show suffer that long. Cruel and unusual. It is like watching a vegetable on life support. Pull the plug already. If you can not get it right after twenty years, you are obviously not going to get it right.

CindyHaskins

Postby CindyHaskins » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:54 pm

I am going to say that nbc is not about to pull the plug days of our lives and not when there contract run though September 2014.

Trojangal

Postby Trojangal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:53 pm

Quote Kelby: Affiliates moving the show around or putting it on another network. Oh no. I see this show heading out.

In some markets Days on NBC has been moved to noon from one. Not sure if that move is good or bad. I know G H moved from 2 to 1 where I live & is on opposite Days now.

mille

Postby mille » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:34 am

Lol, contracts can be broken! Imo, that may be why their moving Days. Also why many of the younger actors are jumping ship, lol maybe they know this show is sinking! ;)

wwwwww

Postby wwwwww » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:43 am

Yeah I say it gets cancelled to. Truth is soaps don't really draw no more. There's only 4 left and Days is in last place in the ratings so there's a good chance it is the next soap to go off unless the soap cannel picks it up or TV Guide. I can't see a big station like CBS or ABC picking it up. I also heard that if Alison Sweeney's show The Biggest Loser ratings don't improve this season it could also get cancelled but that's just a rumor.

fadingrose

Postby fadingrose » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:00 am

It wouldn't surprise me at all if DAYS was cancelled, even before the contract was up for renewal next year. I'm sure the low ratings are partly due to the fact that the writers are juggling too many plot lines, moving them along too slowly to ever reach closure with any of them. It doesn't help that there is such a long gap between taping and viewing. A result would be that even when fans continually express dissatisfaction with a plot line or a character, it would be months before the writers can respond by making a "correction." Seems like the Emmy as Best Soap hasn't helped the ratings at all.

HouseTops

Postby HouseTops » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:06 am

YADA, YADA, YADA..... ~) ~) ~)

stjarna

Postby stjarna » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:51 am

they should give the fans what they really want- romance, suspense, clever plots- not dragging a storyline forever, have pairing that have real chemistry- involve vets more- and Days will not head out of the door!
Oh, and they should seriously consider not taping that far ahead!!! ;)

Return to “Days of Our Lives”