Vocation, calling or guilt, why did Eric become

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
zuzu61

Re: Vocation, calling or guilt, why did Eric become

Postby zuzu61 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:06 pm

I would say I certainly don't believe it was a "calling".
But I won't say that because God says NOT to judge.
Evidently Fr. Eric has NOT gotten to that passage in the bible, or either maybe he's forgotten he read it.. :)

Just kidding..

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Well now again I believe that Eric feels he had a calling. So this reveal is totally going to have him losing his faith in GOD? %(

flightygirl

Postby flightygirl » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:00 pm

What I am trying to understand is why a devout priest is on a soap opera. He clearly is devoted and has never questioned his calling. I want romance and love stories...not priests giving last rites, precana, first communions, and confirmations. I certainly don't want him to be raped and have it revealed in church. What is the point?? I liked Father Matt. He is the perfect supporting character priest. Sorry for rambling but I don't get it?

stjarna

Postby stjarna » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:22 pm

Quote flightygirl: What I am trying to understand is why a devout priest is on a soap opera. He clearly is devoted and has never questioned his calling. I want romance and love stories...not priests giving last rites, precana, first communions, and confirmations. I certainly don't want him to be raped and have it revealed in church. What is the point?? I liked Father Matt. He is the perfect supporting character priest. Sorry for rambling but I don't get it?

I feel the same way.

Jomar

Postby Jomar » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:07 am

Quote flightygirl: What I am trying to understand is why a devout priest is on a soap opera. He clearly is devoted and has never questioned his calling. I want romance and love stories...not priests giving last rites, precana, first communions, and confirmations. I certainly don't want him to be raped and have it revealed in church. What is the point?? I liked Father Matt. He is the perfect supporting character priest. Sorry for rambling but I don't get it?

I agree with you, what's the point.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:13 am

Thats the thing I didn't believe he was totally in to his vocation and then Eric would pull me in but then he was so hypocritcal and I would question him again and then he would pull me back in. Right now I'm back to yes he feels this was the place to be but know it is all going to be dashed to the rocks off a cliff once he sees the video and I can't even imagine him romancing her but his groveling will get him to realize he had feelings for her?? ~) whatever

I've never been interested in the Thornbirds scenerio to be seen on my soap. So glad they didn't do that but what they did was much worse. JMO

Return to “Days of Our Lives”