Is there a man out there dumber than Brady Black??

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Arnie

Is there a man out there dumber than Brady Black??

Postby Arnie » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:44 pm

Seriously..........

LuvBoHope

Re: Is there a man out there dumber than Brady Black??

Postby LuvBoHope » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:45 pm

Quote Arnie: Seriously..........

Don't tell me they're throwing Brady under the bus to prop Kristen, too! Amazing!

Tammer

Postby Tammer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:47 pm

Maybe not dumber..but just as.
Daniel
Rafe
Will...
These men are looking very weak lately.

SoapBox17

Postby SoapBox17 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:55 pm

Quote Arnie: Seriously..........

yes and he looks like this :|

tariro

Postby tariro » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:57 pm

The problem with Brady for me is surprisingly not his sleeping with his dad's ex but the lack of reasoning behind it and a lot of other things he has done. The writers don't really bother to make us understand Brady's issues,things just seem to happen to him and he wades through it cluelessly which then makes it difficult to sympathise with his character. At least Kristen is a well established character and we have her backstory so I can always figure out why she does the things she does and why the vengeance means so much to her. With Brady ,I'm just like "WHY?!" with every scene. I don't know if he has ever truly been in love he jumps into bed with women way to fast for me to understand. Actually a lot of the men on this show need more layering and a proper backstory!

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:02 pm

rafe!

LuvBoHope

Postby LuvBoHope » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Quote tariro: The problem with Brady for me is surprisingly not his sleeping with his dad's ex but the lack of reasoning behind it and a lot of other things he has done. The writers don't really bother to make us understand Brady's issues,things just seem to happen to him and he wades through it cluelessly which then makes it difficult to sympathise with his character. At least Kristen is a well established character and we have her backstory so I can always figure out why she does the things she does and why the vengeance means so much to her. With Brady ,I'm just like "WHY?!" with every scene. I don't know if he has ever truly been in love he jumps into bed with women way to fast for me to understand. Actually a lot of the men on this show need more layering and a proper backstory!

"Backstory" isn't in the vocabulary of these writers (and several writing teams in the last couple of decades)! They don't know anything about character development! They DO better with the characters THEY care about but, apparently, Brady, right now, is mostly about propping Kristen & used in bed with someone when necessary. That is a HUGE problem with the show nowadays - most of their characters don't have enough "backstory" to keep them true to themselves OR the story worth sinking your teeth into! In the past when DAYS was quality & you could invest in characters/couples AND sl's that was an important part of the show AND why it was popular because they were strong on character development, keeping stories going (not just dropping them) & staying true to the show's foundation & history instead of rewriting history. That's what's lacking today and there's a huge void & why it doesn't STAY solid/established anymore!

Rosieroserson

Postby Rosieroserson » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:22 pm

Rafe!

kenerly1

Postby kenerly1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:45 am

Brady is a typical recovering addict..he was vulverable and needed someone and Kristen was there and like an addict he cannot get enough of her even when he knows she is bad for him..and also the family hates her so he wants to defy them..

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:06 am

Quote kenerly1: Brady is a typical recovering addict..he was vulverable and needed someone and Kristen was there and like an addict he cannot get enough of her even when he knows she is bad for him..and also the family hates her so he wants to defy them..

I think we have talked about this before but it seems as if his addiction for the past year is sex. First M now Kristen.

However, with that being said, what exactly is he going to tell Kristen is his other reason for not being able to marry her??? any guesses?

Return to “Days of Our Lives”