EJ

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
stjarna

Re: EJ

Postby stjarna » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:25 pm

Quote tariro:
Quote Master: EJ is gross i don't know what you people see in him. ~)

Ej is one of those characters you either get or you don't so its ok for you to dislike him,at least thats an intense reaction, because he is not bland, he is the type of guy you either love or hate ,there is no middle ground ,as long as you can't be indifferent I think its all good for the character!

EJ evokes either love or hate. Never leaves one indifferent. Whereas Daniel, always comes across as sufferer imo, and is bland and leaves one indifferent.

EpicFail

Postby EpicFail » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:39 pm

I'm not indifferent about Daniel at all - I know exactly how I feel about him. 3)

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 am

On the poll what do you think of the sex -and the plotting. Someone posted that EJ is neutered - but you know what I want EJ grey not that villian we kept getting twirling his mustache and so one dimensional. The EJ I came to love has always been very complex. When they had him doing the mustache twirling it was hard to watch, I don't think I did watch at times. And it was embarrassing when the baby bump was a fake and he didn't know. SO I LOVE MY EJ as he is now.

stjarna

Postby stjarna » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:17 am

Quote allmylovingdays: On the poll what do you think of the sex -and the plotting. Someone posted that EJ is neutered - but you know what I want EJ grey not that villian we kept getting twirling his mustache and so one dimensional. The EJ I came to love has always been very complex. When they had him doing the mustache twirling it was hard to watch, I don't think I did watch at times. And it was embarrassing when the baby bump was a fake and he didn't know. SO I LOVE MY EJ as he is now.

I like him the way he is now, the progression with this character was done good in the last year,....both writing teams did good.

how I'd like to see him stay independent from Stefano! Ejamifamily getting their own house! :))

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:32 am

Quote stjarna:
Quote allmylovingdays: On the poll what do you think of the sex -and the plotting. Someone posted that EJ is neutered - but you know what I want EJ grey not that villian we kept getting twirling his mustache and so one dimensional. The EJ I came to love has always been very complex. When they had him doing the mustache twirling it was hard to watch, I don't think I did watch at times. And it was embarrassing when the baby bump was a fake and he didn't know. SO I LOVE MY EJ as he is now.

I like him the way he is now, the progression with this character was done good in the last year,....both writing teams did good.

how I'd like to see him stay independent from Stefano! Ejamifamily getting their own house! :))

ME TOO!! I want the angst to come from their families. I want them to be independent. I don't want them all in the mansion WHEN will they ever get time alone without being interrupted.

tariro

Postby tariro » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:25 pm

~)

I've come across this neutered comment a lot and my take on it is only a person who didn't care much about the character would keep wanting him to play this in the box one dimensional villian role and it also means the person either hasn't paid enough attention to whom EJ really is or why he is the way he is. The character's popularity in my opinion has always been due to his ability to surprise the viewer and his ability to grow but still retain a lot of his original fire. It wouldn't make sense for him to fall deeply in love, have two kids and still be the same guy who came to Salem 6 years ago, he has to grow to remain relevant and be a father to his kids-of course he will always be a schemer and plotting but in a different way . You will notice though that the very same people who complain about EJ not always being portrayed as the moustache twirling villian continuously complain about Sami not growing up and settling down everytime she puts a foot wrong ~)

ejami2012

Postby ejami2012 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:08 pm

I agree. When Ej can to Salem he was a man groomed by his villianious father to get s Brady girl pregnant. But as he told Sami before his plan got foiled as he never expected to fall in love with her. He was still s really bad villisa until his son was born. Once Ej became. A father he realized he didn't want to be out his sons life nor have his son become like him. He wanted a stable decent life with wife and kids. He wanted that with Nicole but he couldn't last as he only wanted that with one and only one woman Sami . He knew he could have that life he desired with the woman of his dreams but to do that he had to get from under Stefano. Tony told him this a,few years ago so he is working on that si he can get that dream Sami sees it and she accepts him willing to change. She knows he will never be a good man cause he can still be ruthless but ge wants to be s better man than he was. Sami sees this change and want him she us committed to the relationship and happy . Her Ej proved to her he can change to deserve her love.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:59 am

Quote tariro: ~)

I've come across this neutered comment a lot and my take on it is only a person who didn't care much about the character would keep wanting him to play this in the box one dimensional villian role and it also means the person either hasn't paid enough attention to whom EJ really is or why he is the way he is. The character's popularity in my opinion has always been due to his ability to surprise the viewer and his ability to grow but still retain a lot of his original fire. It wouldn't make sense for him to fall deeply in love, have two kids and still be the same guy who came to Salem 6 years ago, he has to grow to remain relevant and be a father to his kids-of course he will always be a schemer and plotting but in a different way . You will notice though that the very same people who complain about EJ not always being portrayed as the moustache twirling villian continuously complain about Sami not growing up and settling down everytime she puts a foot wrong ~)

I agree. I loved it when he made Stefano think he was still upset and then laughed. Its those complexities that have us all waiting to see what he will do next. I am worried that he trust Kristen too much.

Jen821

Postby Jen821 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:14 am

Quote ejami2012: I agree. When Ej can to Salem he was a man groomed by his villianious father to get s Brady girl pregnant. But as he told Sami before his plan got foiled as he never expected to fall in love with her. He was still s really bad villisa until his son was born. Once Ej became. A father he realized he didn't want to be out his sons life nor have his son become like him. He wanted a stable decent life with wife and kids. He wanted that with Nicole but he couldn't last as he only wanted that with one and only one woman Sami . He knew he could have that life he desired with the woman of his dreams but to do that he had to get from under Stefano. Tony told him this a,few years ago so he is working on that si he can get that dream Sami sees it and she accepts him willing to change. She knows he will never be a good man cause he can still be ruthless but ge wants to be s better man than he was. Sami sees this change and want him she us committed to the relationship and happy . Her Ej proved to her he can change to deserve her love.

Stefano did send Ej in to get a Brady girl pregnant so why doesn't Stefano want Ej and Sami together? Sami is the mother of his grandchildren. I thought he liked that so why does he want Ej back from Sami? Why does Sami threaten Stefano so much? Stefano never liked Nicole either, always tried to get rid of her too! I guess he wants Ej all alone.

lpcb

Postby lpcb » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 am

I think Steffy wants EJ alone, like him. He wants him to be like him in every way, Sami consumes EJ too much and Stef finds that will put Ej off his game.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”