What is going on with the writers for DOOL? It SUCKS!

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
days78

Re: What is going on with the writers for DOOL? It SUCKS!

Postby days78 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Quote Fan22: thanks for the date! hopefully we will see a change in the writing soon!

To clarify what the last poster meant, the new writers took over a few months ago. August 17th was the first show they penned. This is the new writers.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:37 am

It changed alright sadly it changed. Did we really need to see all those people constantly visiting Nick in prison even after his parole??!!! I know where this is taking us though after yesterday seeing Chad visiting him and making sure that he mentioned he was a DiMera. Nick isn't reformed so his bag of tricks will be used to try and bring them down since he can't have Melanie.

Slow change was needed with the writers instead just like the one's before they toss out things and change things too quickly. WHIPLASH I keep saying the GA got whiplashed and said screwit

Sure there are couples you want together (Will & Sonny, EJ & Sami, Chad & Melanie) but I don't know that we will see any sort of romance. I was ticked off yesterday when Will ran off when Sonny was on the phone with Brian. He needs someone to confide in besides his grandma because of course our relatives are going to inflate our egos so how can he trust her instincts on how he looks to the outside world. I wanted him to go to Brian and sort of just talk to him inconspicuously see where exactly his and Sonny relationship stands.

flightygirl

Postby flightygirl » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:30 am

Quote allmylovingdays: It changed alright sadly it changed. Did we really need to see all those people constantly visiting Nick in prison even after his parole??!!! I know where this is taking us though after yesterday seeing Chad visiting him and making sure that he mentioned he was a DiMera. Nick isn't reformed so his bag of tricks will be used to try and bring them down since he can't have Melanie.

Slow change was needed with the writers instead just like the one's before they toss out things and change things too quickly. WHIPLASH I keep saying the GA got whiplashed and said screwit

Sure there are couples you want together (Will & Sonny, EJ & Sami, Chad & Melanie) but I don't know that we will see any sort of romance. I was ticked off yesterday when Will ran off when Sonny was on the phone with Brian. He needs someone to confide in besides his grandma because of course our relatives are going to inflate our egos so how can he trust her instincts on how he looks to the outside world. I wanted him to go to Brian and sort of just talk to him inconspicuously see where exactly his and Sonny relationship stands.

This is where his working relationship with EJ could have come in. Ej never judged him and is not a parent or grandparent and still cares about Will. He is someone that Will could have talked to. The last time these writers were in charge EJ went about 3 years without having sex so he may as well talk to Will.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:45 am

I liked Will's change too. Loved that he stood by EJ & Sami and helped them on the run. It was totally original, unexpected and a welcome change. I like that Will is still pretty much not falling back into old patterns too with Sami.

sharon n nick 4eva

Postby sharon n nick 4eva » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:41 am

Quote flightygirl:
Quote allmylovingdays: It changed alright sadly it changed. Did we really need to see all those people constantly visiting Nick in prison even after his parole??!!! I know where this is taking us though after yesterday seeing Chad visiting him and making sure that he mentioned he was a DiMera. Nick isn't reformed so his bag of tricks will be used to try and bring them down since he can't have Melanie.

This is where his working relationship with EJ could have come in. Ej never judged him and is not a parent or grandparent and still cares about Will. He is someone that Will could have talked to. The last time these writers were in charge EJ went about 3 years without having sex so he may as well talk to Will.

I want to know "why" they didn't have EJ/JS of all people ~)
not in bed with anyone.

I think the reason was they didn't want safe to be over powered by ONE of EJ's love scenes!

The magic that EJ/JS has over anyone watching him, doing anything, is pure delight!

pop_999

Postby pop_999 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:48 am

I'm confused about "new writers". Are these retreads? Is this same group who brought us rafe/safe. I hope not!

Return to “Days of Our Lives”