Wil♥Son Fans Only. (Pro-WilSon fans only.)

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
PC_SALEM0106

Re: Wil♥Son Fans Only (NO HATE)

Postby PC_SALEM0106 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:42 am

Quote allmylovingdays:
Quote Str8tButEqual: Tuesday’s episode:

It looks like I’m alone right now in the WilSon love but for me it’s not wavering despite some shaky ground with Will. Many posters have differing viewpoints on this couple whether it positive or negative but I believe wholeheartedly in the positive. That could be said about any couple that fans are fond of right? ;) I still love these two and I’m still hoping they get together.

Anyway about today’s episode the highlight for me is how quickly Will rushed to give Sonny a hug and I’m going to keep repeating that he does care about Sonny despite what others may think. His priorities right now are a little screwed up but I’m optimistic that he’ll learn quickly that what he’s doing is not the right way. I still feel he should go to Justin or Carrie for legal advice to get rid of this stupid blackmail of him shooting EJ so it wouldn’t be a threat anymore. He was so close in telling Sonny that day about the blackmail until Lumi showed up and I wish he went ahead to tell him about it later so there wouldn’t be this secret. Time will tell what happens and I’m still rooting for this couple. :)

Str8t right now I am not rooting for Sonny & Will because I am worried for Sonny. I think if they started a relationship Will would be domineering and I want more for Sonny than being used.

I disagree, Will right now is on a power trip and now that people know he is Gay I definitely think, he is over compensating by being overly confident. Maybe he doesn't want people to think he isn't manly. He is a lot like Sami now when she was younger IMO.

The real Will would never hurt Sonny. So yes maybe right now Will might not be ready for a romantic relationship, but I think he will realize soon he doesn't have to prove himself to people.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:45 pm

Quote PC_SALEM0106:
Quote allmylovingdays:
Quote Str8tButEqual: Tuesday’s episode:

It looks like I’m alone right now in the WilSon love but for me it’s not wavering despite some shaky ground with Will. Many posters have differing viewpoints on this couple whether it positive or negative but I believe wholeheartedly in the positive. That could be said about any couple that fans are fond of right? ;) I still love these two and I’m still hoping they get together.

Anyway about today’s episode the highlight for me is how quickly Will rushed to give Sonny a hug and I’m going to keep repeating that he does care about Sonny despite what others may think. His priorities right now are a little screwed up but I’m optimistic that he’ll learn quickly that what he’s doing is not the right way. I still feel he should go to Justin or Carrie for legal advice to get rid of this stupid blackmail of him shooting EJ so it wouldn’t be a threat anymore. He was so close in telling Sonny that day about the blackmail until Lumi showed up and I wish he went ahead to tell him about it later so there wouldn’t be this secret. Time will tell what happens and I’m still rooting for this couple. :)

Str8t right now I am not rooting for Sonny & Will because I am worried for Sonny. I think if they started a relationship Will would be domineering and I want more for Sonny than being used.

I disagree, Will right now is on a power trip and now that people know he is Gay I definitely think, he is over compensating by being overly confident. Maybe he doesn't want people to think he isn't manly. He is a lot like Sami now when she was younger IMO.

The real Will would never hurt Sonny. So yes maybe right now Will might not be ready for a romantic relationship, but I think he will realize soon he doesn't have to prove himself to people.

Thank you PC, you and I must be on the same wavelength of thoughts here. Will would never ever deliberately set out to hurt Sonny in any way shape or form. Quite frankly I’m floored that posters would believe Sonny would take Will’s cr*p and actually think that Will’s going to be domineering when I’ve seen evidence on screen stating otherwise where Sonny didn’t appreciate Will’s attitude and did called him on it. For example that episode at the coffee shop when Sami showed up and Will said Sonny was his boyfriend, Sonny told Will to knock it off.

How is Will different from any other character that has screwed up? Or for that matter a couple that has hurt each other and yet fans still want them together? Will deserves to be happy and Sonny is the answer. I do wish Will was more completely honest with Sonny about what was going on with him but he’s making a mistake and he will learn from that hopefully.

Something else that bothers me is that we don’t really know anything about Sonny (I do love him though) like we do with Will because he didn’t grow up on the show like he did. What I do know is that when he arrived in Salem he was away backpacking around Europe, he has an ex boyfriend somewhere and he’s really sweet with Will. I blame the writers for not delving too deeply on his characterization and filling in some of these blanks that is desperately needed. I recall last year when the Cheating Heart was still in business and Chad, Sonny and T were at the pool table with T giving out his smart a$$ remarks about Sonny being gay and Sonny told him “You’re really starting to get on his nerves. I really don't want to have to put my fist in your face and screw up this Zen place that I'm in right now. ” After this bit of dialogue my mind was in overdrive speculating on his character & was there something more about him than he’s letting on. Did he have special training? I was really excited at the time hoping that there was more to him than met the eye but the show really dropped the ball with not giving him much of a story outside of Will. I hope this is going to be rectified with his taping more in the coming months.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:11 pm

I hope he doesn't hurt Sonny but right now power is too important and even though I love Will he has a lot of EJ in him. Maybe just Sonny can help Will not be so domineering or controlling. I am just going to watch and see how things turn out.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:38 pm

Str8t I am not saying that Will should never have a relationship and I agree with you that he right now is like so many others LIKE EJ - and just because they do bad things and want power, control that doesn't exclude them from having a love life - I am the opposite really and maybe maybe maybe Sonny is to Will what I see Sami is to EJ. Just right now Sonny is so in the dark as far as he really doesn't know WILL at all. This isn't just a all of sudden change. I've said this for far too long that Will has hidden his true self, he hasn't told anyone about his shooting EJ, his blackmailing and then being blackmailed other than his parents and that is only because first off he told his dad. He ended up telling his mom only because he still was thinking MOMMY do you really know what you are doing? He wanted to be in control then and stop her from looking at EJ as a suitor and only think of him as the man who has manipulated them for a long time. IF maybe he came out and told everyone AND YOU KNOW WHAT -- who is to say that we aren't all being played. Right now I am thinking Will wants this power this control -is loving this but but who is to say that he isn't gathering information to give to the SPD/Roman/ Granny Marlena and will bring EJ down??? Right NOW it doesn't sound like it or look like it but then again we don't see all the stuff happening behind the scenes. That's why yesterday when Sami was at the SPD I started to question if she like Will will try to get close to EJ to see how she can get Will out from under this blackmail. We just don't know.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 pm

@allmylovingdays I do understand and respect your opinion and we’ll just have to take the wait & see approach as to where this is going considering this is still MarDar’s stuff and to be honest this s/l doesn’t make sense to me even though to a certain degree I’m enjoying Will’s giddiness. The reality of the situation for this soap is that odds are very slim for them to add two more gay characters for Will & Sonny on a permanent basis considering the tight fisted budget that it’s on and we also don’t know if this soap is going to renew in 2013 so I’m hoping to get my WilSon romance that leads to love as endgame. :]

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:34 am

Some random bits of trivia kind of related to the show. I was watching the travel channel and they were discussing a restaurant called The Spot located in Hermosa Beach, CA which they sell all natural foods like vegie burgers.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:36 pm

This may be old news for some WilSon fans who may already know this but it was a boring episode today that didn’t require live viewing for me so I was web surfing. I saw this Michael Fairman interview that FS did while at the Emmy Awards and he teases about Will being a potential love interest. (I’m trying not to read too much in this but woohoo :D I can’t help but be a little excited, we just need to slog through this MarDar junk and hopefully we’ll see a light at the end of the WilSon tunnel :)) I’m providing a couple of links because sometimes when I post the long ones they don’t work too well.

This first link is the long one.
michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/freddie-smith-interview-days-of-our-lives-39th-annual-daytime-emmy-red-carpet/2012/06/28/

Here’s the second one and you need to scroll down to the date of June 28, 2012 at click the Freddie Smith interview.
michaelfairmansoaps.com/days-of-our-lives/

PC_SALEM0106

Postby PC_SALEM0106 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Quote allmylovingdays: Str8t I am not saying that Will should never have a relationship and I agree with you that he right now is like so many others LIKE EJ - and just because they do bad things and want power, control that doesn't exclude them from having a love life - I am the opposite really and maybe maybe maybe Sonny is to Will what I see Sami is to EJ. Just right now Sonny is so in the dark as far as he really doesn't know WILL at all. This isn't just a all of sudden change. I've said this for far too long that Will has hidden his true self, he hasn't told anyone about his shooting EJ, his blackmailing and then being blackmailed other than his parents and that is only because first off he told his dad. He ended up telling his mom only because he still was thinking MOMMY do you really know what you are doing? He wanted to be in control then and stop her from looking at EJ as a suitor and only think of him as the man who has manipulated them for a long time. IF maybe he came out and told everyone AND YOU KNOW WHAT -- who is to say that we aren't all being played. Right now I am thinking Will wants this power this control -is loving this but but who is to say that he isn't gathering information to give to the SPD/Roman/ Granny Marlena and will bring EJ down??? Right NOW it doesn't sound like it or look like it but then again we don't see all the stuff happening behind the scenes. That's why yesterday when Sami was at the SPD I started to question if she like Will will try to get close to EJ to see how she can get Will out from under this blackmail. We just don't know.

I am actually hoping Will does give any info to the cops. That would be a hellava twist.. It just shows Will is very smart and not a naive boy like EJ assumes.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:31 am

Even though I like the dynamics of Will & EJ, I am first & foremost a WilSon fan and if Will is doing this power play to get any kind of inside info on EJ, I would be all for it because it wouldn’t be a betrayal to Sonny like people are assuming. I have complained in a couple threads about how much I hate things that are off screen but what if Will told Sonny his plans? It could be a part of the twist.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:24 am

TPTB need to know that the WilSon fans demand equality in romance whether they just show Sonny having romance, Will having romance or both of them together. Many people think this EJILL connection is just a way to delay in showing a gay relationship which separates WilSon and this better not be true. Although if you look at it from our perspective it seems that this soap was having some reservations in showing much in terms of dating for either of the boys by having all these bar scenes The Spot being off screen and Sonny being absent for 2 months. They did show the kiss of Will but was there enough backlash from the haters that they decided to pull back in actually showing Will or Sonny dating. It’s unfair when you see all these newbie romances take off such as Abby & Cameron when Sonny’s been on longer than Cameron and he hasn’t been shown much at all having any kind of romantic social life. Not that I’m advocating a rushed romance but when you see the double standard it’s wrong.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”