I HEART WILL (CM) THREAD Free From Bashing Please

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
flightygirl

Re: I HEART WILL (CM) THREAD Free From Bashing Please

Postby flightygirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:47 pm

Wow! The writers really confused people on twitter with this Will and Gabi thing. A lot of people think that Will has been de-gayed. ~)

bryan patrick

Postby bryan patrick » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:36 pm

yeah I know what you mean about them worrying that Will has been de-gayed :-) even some gay people are concerned that they are doing that >( But they aren't :D I knew two of my friends in high school that came out to me in their junior year, but kept their gf until their senior year. Then after graduation they came out to everybody else slowly but they did come out, then they both ended up sleeping with their old gf one more time cuz of some drama, only to realize what an idiot they were. It felt weird and strange to them at the time, the one lost his old gf friendship while the other was able to keep it. They are still gay today and have been in loving relationships throughout their lives. This does happen once in awhile, not often but it does happen. So when I read about the Wabi sex I was not surprised or pissed off about it, I didn't like it but I understood the whole thing having lived through it with two of my best friends. And seeing Will's reaction in the morning when they woke up you just knew they were both feeling like they had just done something really dumb. But being friends they have found a way to move on.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:56 pm

Initially when I read the spoiler about this I panicked that this new regime was regressing Will but I calmed down when more information came to light and the only thing that upsets me the most with the Will & Gabi (I won’t use the shortened name because I hate it) sex is that I’m sure this is just a plot point to get her pregnant to create more drama down the line for WilSon. I don’t really understand this outrage when I go to other forums that has WilSon threads, like gay men can’t have sex with women ~) or they’re always comparing it to OLTL like this is the only soap or show that had this scenario. I’ve even seen this on QAF where the main characters are gay but they had sex with women temporarily. I also posted in the WilSon thread a user from another board shared his experience that’s similar to Will’s. If Will has sex again with another woman then I’m going to get really p*ssed, no more second chances.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:52 am

I don't want a baby coming out of this GoD NO. Sorry I just hate it. It's not original at all and I hate unwanted, unplanned for pregnancies, what is wrong with someone falling in love, planning a future that includes kids. Is that so hard to ask???

For those on twitter that were saying the crazy stuff about Will being 'de-gayed' I hope they got their answer today when Will and Gabi talked over what occurred. NO more flashbacks please.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:31 pm

The problem is that the show is doing too many parallels between Will & Sami. Grief sex, attitude issues and now the next step would be a young pregnancy. We already have the message TPTB Will is his mother’s son, can we just halt on the idea of an unwanted pregnancy. There are other ideas that can throw obstacles in the path of couples who are in love or beginning to start a relationship.

Before I end this post I wanted to mention a bit of dialogue that made me chuckle despite the fact that I didn’t like the Will & Gabi sex. It was the whole delivery from Chandler because I love him so.

Will - No. I didn't think that at all. It's just that I was messed up basically because I got in a fight with somebody and I wasn't thinking straight. Well I was thinking straight but the problem was I'm gay.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:12 pm

I’m posting this here as well as the WilSon thread to get my message across:

I saw a post on another board that I wanted to respond to but this is the only forum that I care to be a part of so I’m just going to put it in here in case they read other boards like I do. The post stated that they were disappointed in Chandler because he didn’t say NO to the scene with Gabi and he should know that it would upset the WilSon fans.

Soaps right now are in a very tenuous position of staying on the air as well as the actors having job security. I think gone are the days of actors, especially newer ones on the show, of having much of a say what should be done with their characters. Also as stated NUMEROUS TIMES from other posters who have had this experience, gay men can have sex with women as well as lesbians can have sex with men. Having sex is one thing but actually enjoying it and being comfortable with it is something else entirely.

♥Chandler

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Ok now I just saw another post about if gay men sleeping with women is more common then they would be confirming it. Oh please is the whole population who are gay going to be posting on soaps boards, uh no. Look above my post at Bryan’s post who just said a couple of his friends have done this and I’m also going to repost the link to james0479 which he shares his own personal story similar to Will’s.

daytimeroyaltyonline.com/single/?p=8829183&t=8721440

I think if people hate the way things are going then they should just quit watching. Right now I don’t see a point in people having conniption over Will & Gabi having sex. If several months from now Will has sex again with a woman, then I can see people taking out the torches to the studio heads.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:38 pm

Quote Str8tButEqual: Ok now I just saw another post about if gay men sleeping with women is more common then they would be confirming it. Oh please is the whole population who are gay going to be posting on soaps boards, uh no. Look above my post at Bryan’s post who just said a couple of his friends have done this and I’m also going to repost the link to james0479 which he shares his own personal story similar to Will’s.

I think if people hate the way things are going then they should just quit watching. Right now I don’t see a point in people having conniption over Will & Gabi having sex. If several months from now Will has sex again with a woman, then I can see people taking out the torches to the studio heads.

Quit watching and posting!!! I can't even tell you how many times we have to see that "I'm no longer watching BS line..." Yesterday it was on NBC facebook too and I was like so why are you even posting cause if you aren't watching then why come over.

Torches to the studio :-)

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:51 pm

Quote allmylovingdays:
Quote Str8tButEqual: Ok now I just saw another post about if gay men sleeping with women is more common then they would be confirming it. Oh please is the whole population who are gay going to be posting on soaps boards, uh no. Look above my post at Bryan’s post who just said a couple of his friends have done this and I’m also going to repost the link to james0479 which he shares his own personal story similar to Will’s.

Quit watching and posting!!! I can't even tell you how many times we have to see that "I'm no longer watching BS line..." Yesterday it was on NBC facebook too and I was like so why are you even posting cause if you aren't watching then why come over.

Torches to the studio :-)

I was in a very ranty mood on Saturday but I think I’m better now. :]

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:30 pm

No biggie, I was that way thursday night, we all have these moments.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”