Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
allmylovingdays

Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Postby allmylovingdays » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:01 am

Quote Str8tButEqual:
Quote Str8tButEqual: Oh yeah Dallas was good. In the original series I’ve always been on team Miss Ellie’s side which included Bobby but I don’t have a problem with having the bad thrown in once in awhile to make it exciting. Rebecca is Cliff Barnes daughter 8). John Ross & JR are back to the scheming (not shocked) Soapy goodness. :)

P.S. To be clear because I was on team Ellie/Bobby doesn’t necessarily mean I’m on Christopher’s side, I find him annoying. Ellie had a certain vision for the ranch and I respected that.
I know. I was always cheering Bobby on -I love Bobby and his respect of Miss Ellie's will. JUST CHRISTOPHER from the beginning had me upset that he would go ahead and marry Rebecca knowing deep down he wanted to be with Elena. It's a soap what did I expect. But yesterday hearing that old old song, of he will take the babies away from her...that just >(

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:26 am

My sister keeps asking me are Rebecca and Christopher related? Wasn't Christopher's biological mother or father related to the barnes. I saw an article last night with the actress who plays Rebecca let me go find it and she even mentions that they are half cousins?

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:47 am

social.entertainment.msn.com/tv/blogs/tv-buzz-blogpost.aspx?post=59e14496-ecf7-49b9-aaf3-901b17e6f2e6

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:11 am

Quote allmylovingdays: My sister keeps asking me are Rebecca and Christopher related? Wasn't Christopher's biological mother or father related to the barnes. I saw an article last night with the actress who plays Rebecca let me go find it and she even mentions that they are half cousins?

The link lead me to some comment page and the only thing I know about Christopher is that he’s adopted. I don’t know who the birth parents are.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:17 am

fudge I hate when tha thappens.

i know we aren't suppose to do this..but

Julie Gonzalo Talks Shocking 'Dallas' Finale
Actress says she's relieved the secret is finally out
By Mekeisha Madden Toby 8 hours ago

Spoiler: Don't read this if you haven't seen the "Dallas" finale and you want to be surprised by the ending.
Actress Julie Gonzalo, who plays Rebecca on TNT's rebooted nighttime soap "Dallas," said she has long known about the shocking secret 4.3 million viewers discovered during the show's season-one finale: Rebecca is Cliff Barnes' daughter! Dun dun!

Bing: More on TNT's 'Dallas' | Julie Gonzalo
In true "Dallas" fashion, the twist was satisfying and unnerving because it means Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe) is both Rebecca's husband and her relative. Ewww!

"I am married to my first cousin," Gonzalo, 30, said during a Thursday teleconference, the morning after the finale. "Sure, not related by blood, but it is kind of weird."

Gonzalo said when she got the part of Rebecca, she learned she was Cliff's (Ken Kercheval) daughter but that's all she knew. At the same time, producers swore her to secrecy and not even her costars knew the truth.

"It was fun when everyone got the script and they said 'You're a Barnes!'," Gonzalo said. "And I was like 'Ha ha! I knew.' I'm good at keeping secrets."

As far as season two, which begins shooting in mid-to-late September and debuts in January, Gonzalo said she doesn't know what's going to happen to Rebecca next. But Rebecca is still pregnant and married to and in love with Christopher. That's a problem now that he's with Elena (Jordana Brewster).

"I'm no longer Anakin, I'm Vader," Gonzalo said of her character, using a perfect "Star Wars" reference. "She is Cliff Barnes' daughter. She's the mastermind of everything. But at the end of the day, you realize, she's just trying to make her father proud just like John Ross and Christopher."

"Dallas" returns for a second season January 2013 on TNT.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:38 am

I guess I’m not as creeped out as others would be because they aren’t blood related.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:33 pm

Quote Str8tButEqual: I guess I’m not as creeped out as others would be because they aren’t blood related.

I didn't notice that - I read it late last night before zonking out and shared with my sisters so I got the link from them along with the article to share over here this morning.

Well that's good. I will have to highlight that part and resend to one of them because we get these funny emails of the cats or animals with captions and the latest one had this dog who was a sniffer at airport but after the last batch of meth his eyeballs were crazy so she has been using that lately on return emails when she is trying to convey to us that we have lost it...and she used it to say oh my gawd those twins are going to look like that-crazy.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 am

YAY congratulations team USA 3)
Gold: 46 Silver: 29 Bronze: 29 Total= 104 :)

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:53 am

Quote Str8tButEqual: YAY congratulations team USA 3)

WOW 46 GOLD?!!!

What are we going to do tonight no Dallas??!!! I hate seaon endings. Monday I had teenwolf's season finale too. Dallas' was so much better!

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:46 am

Quote allmylovingdays:
Quote Str8tButEqual: YAY congratulations team USA 3)

WOW 46 GOLD?!!!

What are we going to do tonight no Dallas??!!! I hate seaon endings. Monday I had teenwolf's season finale too. Dallas' was so much better!

I know I’m going to miss seeing Dallas on TV. :(

Return to “Days of Our Lives”