Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
flightygirl

Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Postby flightygirl » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Quote allmylovingdays: It only has three that water is incorporated. Let's say that I stunk too after the big river rafting one. You get soaked no matter what...and then you walk around the rest of the day sort of dried off but my shorts never felt the same and my toes, my poor toes I had to toss my socks. It was fun I have to admit and my younger nieces had a ball. We survived and no charlie horses which I thought might be a possibility walking back to my car at the end of the day. I didn't get my usual funnel cake though either. I love getting funnel cakes at fairs and amusement parks but no one really could eat, tons of water and pop.

I am so glad you had fun. I love funnel cakes too but I don't need them. I'm from the midwest and we are the only cool people who call soda pop "pop" not "soda".

Friendly88

Postby Friendly88 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:59 pm

:) During this DOOL drought I thought
it would be a good time to ask if
anyone have a good recipe for Red
Tamale Sauce?

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:05 am

Quote Friendly88: :) During this DOOL drought I thought
Tamale Sauce?

Seriously??!!!! hahahahaha i am not laughing with you, but my family makes these every christmas and HELLTOTHEYES people always want more more and I have this one good friend that even tries to buy them off of us. It is easy we got ours even off the net. BUT let me explain that every cook adds or their own little twist.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:12 am

chili ancho
salt
garlic
cumin
Most of us cook our pork meat in crock pots -I personally boil my meat and we use the drippings or the water that the meat is cooked in. When I boil my meat I use salt and full onion.

So this is off the top of my head. Tomorrow morning I will run to my kitchen and get the recipe off our refrigerator and tell you if I missed anything.

the webpage I sent earlier is how our tamales look.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:10 am

Quote Friendly88: :) During this DOOL drought I thought
Tamale Sauce?

I thought I sent you a lovely website food.com that had a pictures of tamales. www.food.com/recipe/traditional-tamales-pork-15286
My sisters are now arguing over our recipe. We don't measure. I didn't think so, its like that in a lot of our cooking. Mexican rice I was taught when I was very young use a palm of this and a palm of that.....my poor nieces when they were asking my mother for help had to learn to cook this way too.

The general recipe is exactly as I stated but instead of cumin we use oregano.

garlic, onion, chili ancho, water, salt, broth, and oregano. Clean the chili ancho good. My sister uses gloves to take the seeds and veins out. She mixes everything up in a blender and we have vats and vats. We make these only once a year and we get all the family together and it is fun but even as I stated above we end up arguing over things or recalling what happened a few years ago, it's like thanksgiving you can only take so much of the darlings and then you start getting on each other's nerves.

Str8t what did you think of Rebecca and Tommy not being brother and sister on Dallas.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:01 pm

Dallas Talk:
A part of me wasn’t too terribly surprised and if it wasn’t for the paternity test on the babies I would think they were Tommy’s kids. Who knows maybe somewhere down the line the doctor who did the testing was told to say they were Christopher’s kids.

Bricole

Postby Bricole » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:09 pm

Quote Str8tButEqual: Dallas Talk:
A part of me wasn’t too terribly surprised and if it wasn’t for the paternity test on the babies I would think they were Tommy’s kids. Who knows maybe somewhere down the line the doctor who did the testing was told to say they were Christopher’s kids.

OMG! I was completely thrown by that. When he kissed her, I was like what the heck? I don't know how to take that story. Does this mean that Rebecca really is bad?

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:45 am

Quote Bricole:

OMG! I was completely thrown by that. When he kissed her, I was like what the heck? I don't know how to take that story. Does this mean that Rebecca really is bad?

I don’t know about Rebecca being bad, she SEEMS remorseful when she’s talking with Christopher and when Tommy kissed her she had a look of disgust on her face.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:06 pm

Quote Str8tButEqual:
Quote Bricole:

I don’t know about Rebecca being bad, she SEEMS remorseful when she’s talking with Christopher and when Tommy kissed her she had a look of disgust on her face.

I also want to add I wonder how long this “let’s be friends” is going to last between Chris & John Ross because that certainly didn’t happen between Bobby & JR.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:31 am

It will last up until next week and then we will find out that John Ross set this up to get that drilling done....speculation only.

TODAYS DALLAS was spectacular!! those last 15-20 minutes just pulled me more and more into what next and I can't believe we only have next weeks until next season.

Rebecca was the mastermind and now? who knows if she was playing all of us.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”