Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
allmylovingdays

Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Postby allmylovingdays » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:52 am

Quote Str8tButEqual: I started watching Dallas last night even though I was recording, I fell asleep but from what I saw it looked good. The intro theme music brought back memories. I’ll have to watch the recording on the weekend.

I did the same thing I watched it late at night I came in in the middle of the second part but it was so DALLAS the John Ross and Christopher rivalry and the backstabbing coming left and right, phew. JR at the end finding out how truly a chip off the old block.

So I wonder what is up with Christopher's wife and brother what are they scheming who are they related to that the Ewings did them wrong and they are setting them up. I see soaps.com has a Dallas page and message board so I might go yack about it over there, I really didn't plan on watching it, it seemed overhyped and I even didn't watch Dallas the last few years it was on-like Bobby's wife is she new? whatever happened to Pamela and I heard Cliff Barnes name yesterday but wondered is he alive, it was great seeing Lucy and Ray.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:02 am

Quote allmylovingdays:
Quote Str8tButEqual: I started watching Dallas last night even though I was recording, I fell asleep but from what I saw it looked good. The intro theme music brought back memories. I’ll have to watch the recording on the weekend.

I did the same thing I watched it late at night I came in in the middle of the second part but it was so DALLAS the John Ross and Christopher rivalry and the backstabbing coming left and right, phew. JR at the end finding out how truly a chip off the old block.

So I wonder what is up with Christopher's wife and brother what are they scheming who are they related to that the Ewings did them wrong and they are setting them up. I see soaps.com has a Dallas page and message board so I might go yack about it over there, I really didn't plan on watching it, it seemed overhyped and I even didn't watch Dallas the last few years it was on-like Bobby's wife is she new? whatever happened to Pamela and I heard Cliff Barnes name yesterday but wondered is he alive, it was great seeing Lucy and Ray.

I watched the recording and I’m hooked once again on Dallas. WAKE UP DOOL this is how you do it. The drama, the twist & turn of Christopher’s wife & brother being involved in some kind of backstabbing plot, the rivalries of Bobby & JR carrying over to the cousins of Christopher & John Ross. LOVE IT.

You may have already gotten the answer to your question about Pamela and even I had to check because it has been awhile. Pamela crashed into an oil tanker at the end of the tenth season. It was left open ended after Principal left the show and we had no idea where the character was going. By the time 11th season rolled around, Pamela Ewing, was still lingering about, swathed in bandages after being seriously injured, leading viewers to the conclusion that she would suddenly make a complete recovery but it was left unresolved for several weeks—and further complicated when she suddenly vanished from her hospital bed.

When I read about the bandages it started to come back to me about some of it. It’s entirely possible if this show is supposed to stay on the air, that Pamela could make a reappearance.

As for Cliff I think I read he’s supposed to appear in the show later.

Bricole

Postby Bricole » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:00 pm

It was great. Days could clearly use these writers.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:51 am

I agree Bricole I agree or make them watch the show and other great nighttime drama shows to see how it's done. Soaps can be brought back to life if it is done correct and they don't drop the ball.

moma

Postby moma » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:40 am

in real life the actor that played cliff passed away so it would have to be a recast but heck yes dallas wouldn't be dallas without ole cliff.i think pam married some oilman that had some disease and he faked his death in a plane crash in the gulf...
remember that fatefull shower scene??? wet bobby had the nation buying that new underwear he modeled in commercials before he came back.....
this reboot of the show looked good too... i remember the first episode with lucy rolling around in the hay with ray and pam and bobby coming home from their honeymoon... the uproar was strong stuff back then...whew!! sunday nights were never the same after that ...they had to change nights to friday with all that "sinning" on the tv in prime time.... *) *) *) *)
anway i'm looking forward to it again this time.
my dad was a character like j.r. never did anything except his OWN way and DAMN the rest of the world if you got in the way....
turned me into a churchmouse....aaahhhhh those were the days.....

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Reminder Dallas is on tonight----Woohoo can’t wait. :)

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:33 pm

I keep seeing the promos for this and Suits so I am excited! I need to see both this week.

Str8tButEqual

Postby Str8tButEqual » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:37 am

So who is Rebecca? And why did she send that email?

As for the question of Cliff, that was the original actor who played the role yesterday.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:32 am

Quote Str8tButEqual: So who is Rebecca? And why did she send that email?

As for the question of Cliff, that was the original actor who played the role yesterday.
Cliff looked OLD!! It made me feel old. And I am wondering the same thing what and who is this Rebecca and did she send that email or did her brother because he has a beef against the Ewings so it seems as if he is behind everything. I was glad she didn't use the computer thing he gave her to spy on Christopher but I also wanted her to when Christopher was kissing Elena. Last week when he was marrying this girl and he found out that Elena received an email I was WHAT so why then are you marrying her if you still have feelings and want to be with the other girl.

Yes it is a soap. I just hate when time is wasted and people just follow the easy route or don't stop and think maybe this isn't right, stop the hurting now before you end up possibly destroying someone.

mama rosa

Postby mama rosa » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Hey Everyone!

I just popped in to say HAPPY SUMMER!!!...
I know I'm a couple of days late but it's my first chance!!..LOL!
I hope your all doing OK!...
I'm good,but miss you!.. and think about You when I'm at work,..I got to say,
"You never really realize how much you care about people in your life, until your not in contact...all the time and any time"
Much Love Mama

Return to “Days of Our Lives”