Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
allmylovingdays

Re: Off Topic / Random Conversation Thread

Postby allmylovingdays » Fri May 25, 2012 10:12 am

I have a plethera of things to share -watching Pitbull on the Today show and after that they had one video or story after another. First a 15 year old boy received a scholarship of $30,000 for coming up with a new way to check urine for diabetes. The video of him finding out -whoa the kid did A Tom Cruise on the COUCH he was on the platform to get his award first thing he did was go down on his knees and bow down the the judges he did more antics like that and I am sure the judges thought wow do we need to do a drug test on this kid or what.

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Fri May 25, 2012 10:29 am

I can't find that video. instead the baby tiara first recital & fight and the triatholon juggler came up

TODAY .TODAY
video Man completes triathlon, juggling all the way
video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/47565152

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Fri May 25, 2012 11:01 am

You all have to see the teen and it was $75,000 and it wasn't diabetes but CANCER. Whoa I am impressed.

www.wbaltv.com/news/health/Md-teen-wins-national-prize-for-creating-pancreatic-cancer-test/-/9379230/13708906/-/7lcc5n/-/index.html

MD. TEEN WINS $75K FOR CREATING CANCER TEST

A Maryland 15-year-old is overjoyed at winning $75,000 because of a cancer test he created.

North County High School freshman Jack Andraka won what is considered the Olympics of science fairs with a diagnostic breakthrough in cance treatment. The Crownsville 15-year-old won a $75,000 grand prize in this year's Intel International Science and Engineering Fair for his new way to test for early-stage pancreatic cancer.

mama rosa

Postby mama rosa » Fri May 25, 2012 12:49 pm

:) Thanks Everyone!

AMLD,You have no idea how happy I am!

Yep, HouseTops a welder!
What's the matter do I seem to granny like to do a "working mans" job? I just like to harass the Men!...LOL
I have had men quit cause they couldn't keep up with me!
I just love welding!!...Any time you go into a Boston Pizza you can see my work on almost anything,"my" company Valley Metal Fab. holds the contract...just so you can see something of what I do,....If your interested!
What do you do?
See Ya, Thanks,eh!

allmylovingdays

Postby allmylovingdays » Fri May 25, 2012 4:46 pm

You are ROSIE THE RIVETER!! I loved it when that was used as a campaign slogan a few years back. YOU GO MamaRosa YOU GO GIRL!!

My job is boring. process medical and dental claims for insurance benefits.

Bricole

Postby Bricole » Fri May 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi guys. I am hanging out at the pool with my kids. So grateful for the holiday weekend.

mama rosa

Postby mama rosa » Fri May 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Quote Bricole: Hi guys. I am hanging out at the pool with my kids. So grateful for the holiday weekend.

You have a pool? Where do you live? You lucky girl!!!
What do you do?

HouseTops

Postby HouseTops » Fri May 25, 2012 8:28 pm

Quote mama rosa: :) Thanks Everyone!

Yep, HouseTops a welder!
What's the matter do I seem to granny like to do a "working mans" job? I just like to harass the Men!...LOL
I just love welding!!...Any time you go into a Boston Pizza you can see my work on almost anything,"my" company Valley Metal Fab. holds the contract...just so you can see something of what I do,....If your interested!
What do you do?
See Ya, Thanks,eh!

:D Harassing the men is the best. :D
I never did anything so cool as what you do. I would never have guessed by your lovely name. I worked in administration, first for the government for about 10 years, was able to stay home with my two girls for 10 years. My husband lost his job back in the day and I had to go back to work and worked private sector administration, first with Weyerhaeuser Building Materials and then with Taiga Building Materials for about 20 years. I have, now been retired for 5 months and loving it, eh? DOOL was always my favourite soap, and watched it when I could....the girls loved to watch Sesame Street, no dvr or recorders back then. I am not up on a lot of the past but I used to love Bo and Hope and Craig and ??? what was her name??? Gloria Loring? I remember when she sang her song, "friends and lovers". I love romance. What can I say. The only time I know I'm older is if I look in the mirror. :D

mama rosa

Postby mama rosa » Fri May 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Quote HouseTops:
Quote mama rosa: :) Thanks Everyone!

Yep, HouseTops a welder!
What do you do?
See Ya, Thanks,eh!

:D Harassing the men is the best. :D
I never did anything so cool as what you do. I would never have guessed by your lovely name. I worked in administration, first for the government for about 10 years, was able to stay home with my two girls for 10 years. My husband lost his job back in the day and I had to go back to work and worked private sector administration, first with Weyerhaeuser Building Materials and then with Taiga Building Materials for about 20 years. I have, now been retired for 5 months and loving it, eh? DOOL was always my favourite soap, and watched it when I could....the girls loved to watch Sesame Street, no dvr or recorders back then. I am not up on a lot of the past but I used to love Bo and Hope and Craig and ??? what was her name??? Gloria Loring? I remember when she sang her song, "friends and lovers". I love romance. What can I say. The only time I know I'm older is if I look in the mirror. :D

House TOPS never put down what you, you do try to help our brothers I think that is awesome , you are the best friend of people standing up to take care of them and family in need of help!!...Good for you standing in between ..That can't be easy!! I have been there longer than I ever wanted to be ....And for people that have no choice ,..it's a headache.....You ever think about relocating Alberta has Jobs coming out the yin yang ...and we are real nice up here!,we'll treat you like family ..Just throwing that out there there are always options ..talk to your better half...so don't be afraid to try!..Love Mama
And I would love to meet you,face to face!!

mama rosa

Postby mama rosa » Fri May 25, 2012 10:18 pm

Sendind out some love...www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHZ79InLGRY

Return to “Days of Our Lives”