I do not understand.......

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Days_pretender

I do not understand.......

Postby Days_pretender » Thu May 20, 2010 9:07 pm

I am asking anyone who might have an opinion to please let me know. This one will give us something to think about and hopefully we can solve this one:

I know from my own days of working for the county in the Sheriff's Office, that they do not allow poeple that have nothing to do with the case especially while they are building a case, to just hang around, isn't going to happen.

Today while I was trying to enjoy the show and to hear what was said I was shocked that every time I looked up at the tv in stead of my computer, the thing I saw was Nichole.

How can the writers allow her to constantly hang around and stick her nose into the case as it is growing? She does not belong there, and yet she listens to everything, blabs to the investigators, butts into every thing that is being said.

She makes faces to keep Ari stirred up, and threatens her under her breath, and just plain obnoxious. I do not understand how they can do this and write her in, to be such a lousey addition since she is back to the show.

I was so in hopes that she would have some s/l that would be worth while when she got back from preggers leave, and I am so dissappointed in the writers, and if this is the way they save money, it is not working.They should maybe not get rid of her because of it, but maybe get rid of some of those writers, and get someone in there that can earn their keep.

This is gross. I get so I hate to tune in any more, and it will be the first time in many long years.... I hope Chrissi reads this and perhaps we can do somethng with the problem, and about Nichole in particular.... Please Chrissi :D

Cettame

Re: I do not understand.......

Postby Cettame » Thu May 20, 2010 9:25 pm

Quote Days_pretender: I am asking anyone who might have an opinion to please let me know. This one will give us something to think about and hopefully we can solve this one:

I know from my own days of working for the county in the Sheriff's Office, that they do not allow poeple that have nothing to do with the case especially while they are building a case, to just hang around, isn't going to happen.

Today while I was trying to enjoy the show and to hear what was said I was shocked that every time I looked up at the tv in stead of my computer, the thing I saw was Nichole.

How can the writers allow her to constantly hang around and stick her nose into the case as it is growing? She does not belong there, and yet she listens to everything, blabs to the investigators, butts into every thing that is being said.

She makes faces to keep Ari stirred up, and threatens her under her breath, and just plain obnoxious. I do not understand how they can do this and write her in, to be such a lousey addition since she is back to the show.

I was so in hopes that she would have some s/l that would be worth while when she got back from preggers leave, and I am so dissappointed in the writers, and if this is the way they save money, it is not working.They should maybe not get rid of her because of it, but maybe get rid of some of those writers, and get someone in there that can earn their keep.

This is gross. I get so I hate to tune in any more, and it will be the first time in many long years.... I hope Chrissi reads this and perhaps we can do somethng with the problem, and about Nichole in particular.... Please Chrissi :D

I am so glad you commented on that! Today I kept yelling at my t.v. every time she was on--especially at the station. She wasn't a witness, she had nothing to contribute, and she's PRESS! Why on earth would Hope and Abe allow her to be around, and more importantly, why aren't they Suspicious that she's around?! It's frustrating.

I too am getting tired of the recycled storylines-the characters don't learn anything, don't grow, and it's not a surprise for the audience. This is the second framing and third poisoning to happen to characters in the past year. Really writers? And the summer spoilers have me cringing even more.

waggo50

Postby waggo50 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:58 pm

I was wondering exactly the same thing why was Nicole allowed to hang around and listen to eveything that was said about the case. This should have tipped the cops off that Nicole had something to do with Arianna being a suspect.

Bricole

Postby Bricole » Thu May 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Remember, Nicole was about to leave the hospital when Hope told her to go to the station. My guess is because Nicole and Brady arrived right after Roman was mugged, they were both potential witnesses and had to be questioned. I agree that the writers are awful, but Nicole and Sammi make this show. People either love them or love to hate them. With other veteran characters like Marlena and Carrie being gone, not many of the other actresses, with the exception of Hope, can carry this show or shine with terrible writing like Nicole and Sammi.

Beckydays

Postby Beckydays » Fri May 21, 2010 1:36 am

I am so sick of Nicole it is not even funny. and I have been told by a several people that they are going to stop watching if the S/L does not change. There words this is Days of Our Lives not Nicole of Our Lives. Have to say they have a point. I think this has drug on far to long. with the Nicole S/L I was thinking when the Hope thing started it would get away from Nicole but oh no as you all have said there she is right in the middle of it. same ole same ole just a few new victims with different names first it was Nicole stills EJ away now its Brady. Im just waiting for another baby to come in some how. and instead of her and Sammy going at it all the time now it Ari. We so need new writers for this show. Ive been watching for years remember when Hope was born and Julie was a Nicole. yes Ive been watching that long, and yes Julie was as bad as Nicole at one time. LOL

waggo50

Postby waggo50 » Fri May 21, 2010 9:39 am

Quote Beckydays: I am so sick of Nicole it is not even funny. and I have been told by a several people that they are going to stop watching if the S/L does not change. There words this is Days of Our Lives not Nicole of Our Lives. Have to say they have a point. I think this has drug on far to long. with the Nicole S/L I was thinking when the Hope thing started it would get away from Nicole but oh no as you all have said there she is right in the middle of it. same ole same ole just a few new victims with different names first it was Nicole stills EJ away now its Brady. Im just waiting for another baby to come in some how. and instead of her and Sammy going at it all the time now it Ari. We so need new writers for this show. Ive been watching for years remember when Hope was born and Julie was a Nicole. yes Ive been watching that long, and yes Julie was as bad as Nicole at one time. LOL

You are not the only one sick and tired of Nicole, we had her on every day for over a year and now here we go again it seems all she is here for is to break up couples. I can tell you if the writers ever put her back with EJ I am done with this show too.
You are right Julie was the same back in the 60s breaking up couples. I never liked her either back then, although she is okay now.

Bricole

Postby Bricole » Fri May 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Quote waggo50:
Quote Beckydays: I am so sick of Nicole it is not even funny. and I have been told by a several people that they are going to stop watching if the S/L does not change. There words this is Days of Our Lives not Nicole of Our Lives. Have to say they have a point. I think this has drug on far to long. with the Nicole S/L I was thinking when the Hope thing started it would get away from Nicole but oh no as you all have said there she is right in the middle of it. same ole same ole just a few new victims with different names first it was Nicole stills EJ away now its Brady. Im just waiting for another baby to come in some how. and instead of her and Sammy going at it all the time now it Ari. We so need new writers for this show. Ive been watching for years remember when Hope was born and Julie was a Nicole. yes Ive been watching that long, and yes Julie was as bad as Nicole at one time. LOL

You are not the only one sick and tired of Nicole, we had her on every day for over a year and now here we go again it seems all she is here for is to break up couples. I can tell you if the writers ever put her back with EJ I am done with this show too.
You are right Julie was the same back in the 60s breaking up couples. I never liked her either back then, although she is okay now.

Maybe Brady will become her Doug. I am all for that. Nicole changing into Julie and giving her Brady as Doug. It would make me happy. I have always wanted her with Brady, even when Brady left her for Chloe. Although I started as a Brady/Chloe fan. I guess each actor/actress/couple has a different fan base. So I am sure the writers will never make all of us happy. Some people don't want to watch Nicole, some don't watch unless she is on. Same with EJ, Ari, Mel, Hope, Carly and sometimes Sammi. I love hearing opinions from people with different views as mine. It helps me keep an open mind. At first I did not like Arianna on the show, but I realize that she has a huge fan base. I prefer to fast forward her scenes, but oddly enough, there are others who love seeing her.

Thanks for the Julie reference. I did not see the show that far back. I started watching in the late 80's. I'm glad to know that Nicole can be redeemed. I have lots of respect for the current Julie.

sweetieelaine

Postby sweetieelaine » Fri May 21, 2010 1:44 pm

Don't try to understand...you will give yourself a headache. Nicole is there to be the evil one; every soap has one. But, with that being said, the writers are worthless. Even my mom has stop watching as much and she was watching during that whole baby switching mess. I came in on the ej and ari vibe. I thought they had potential, still do but I'm turned off by the pace of this already. When I was in high school I couldn't wait to get home to catch oltl with Karen Wollick (the prostitute)or GH for luke and laura. And I blame GH for starting the stupid writing i.e. the Kasidine Island ~) But, GH hospital has picked up it's game big time. I was excited to have a soap to watch with days. Not anymore. I know a lot of people don't like Ari or Nicole but they are great actresses that have the worst writers same goes for ej. Can you imagine what these guys could do if they had writers and directors to get in their behind and pull out their characters? Well, Days is on right now where I am. And I don't have the TV on. :~

jozie79

Postby jozie79 » Fri May 21, 2010 1:54 pm

I agree. I cant stand what the writers are doing with Nicole. Its driving me nuts. I now fastfoward through all of her scenes.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”