Sick to death if the Carly abuse

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Bekka655

Sick to death if the Carly abuse

Postby Bekka655 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:44 am

I know most of you don't like the character of Carly..but COME ON..everyone on the whole show hates her except Bo! And she really has done nothing to deserve that treatment. she is really a good person. Why not hate the ones that deserve it like Victor, Vivian, Kate..etc...its getting a little old seeing everyone on the show tell her off...get over it already! and Melanie is acting like a brat!

FatherJohn

Re: Sick to death if the Carly abuse

Postby FatherJohn » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:48 am

Quote Bekka655: I know most of you don't like the character of Carly..but COME ON..everyone on the whole show hates her except Bo! And she really has done nothing to deserve that treatment. she is really a good person. Why not hate the ones that deserve it like Victor, Vivian, Kate..etc...its getting a little old seeing everyone on the show tell her off...get over it already! and Melanie is acting like a brat!

I very much agree.. I want Bo and Hope together but these characters are getting out oh and with their Carly bashing.

ImissTony

Postby ImissTony » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:19 am

I posted a similar comment in another Carly thread, but will repeat a portion of it here.

The writers are trying too hard to make just about everyone in Salem over-the-top angry with Carly. It just seems so forced.

It is refreshing to see Justin want to help her by taking her case. I'll be the first to admit, I believe he's doing it with the motive of that if he can keep Carly free and on Bo's radar, he has a better shot at Hope. Do I care? Not really. I want to see Bo with Carly and Justin with Hope.

days78

Postby days78 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:15 pm

I think she deserves it on many levels. I can understand her logic for not telling Daniel about Melanie when Lawernce was alive, but she's been back for months and could have told him in the beginging so they could have tried to protect Melanie from Vivian together.
She stole someones husband, although he was ripe for the picking. CC. plays the role well, it's too bad the writing is still so choppy.

FatherJohn

Postby FatherJohn » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:17 pm

Quote ImissTony: I posted a similar comment in another Carly thread, but will repeat a portion of it here.

The writers are trying too hard to make just about everyone in Salem over-the-top angry with Carly. It just seems so forced.

It is refreshing to see Justin want to help her by taking her case. I'll be the first to admit, I believe he's doing it with the motive of that if he can keep Carly free and on Bo's radar, he has a better shot at Hope. Do I care? Not really. I want to see Bo with Carly and Justin with Hope.

I believe that I also posted in the same thread that if it were Hope that had made the decisions that Carly did the whole town would be behind her 100 percent.

longliveBOPE

Postby longliveBOPE » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Quote FatherJohn:
Quote ImissTony: I posted a similar comment in another Carly thread, but will repeat a portion of it here.

I believe that I also posted in the same thread that if it were Hope that had made the decisions that Carly did the whole town would be behind her 100 percent.

I would rather see Hope with another interest I like the direction she going which may not include the Three Stooges who to me are just the supporting characters. It's funny yo me also Carly has to earn the respect of the people of Salem it not given the way she can back was not right( blame the writers) but I blame Bozo after she got here he set the tone and everybody saw it. so let B& C do their thing Justin do what ever I don't trust him and for Hope looking for good things to happen. but one day she and Bo will reunite nothing will change that. so I' m won't abuse her she so not worth the trouble and watch too see what will happens

LBowen

Postby LBowen » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:47 pm

I'll be the first to admit I HATE CARLY, but I also don't get all the hate in Salem of her. I don't get why Melanie hates her or Daniel. I get they're hurt and hate they are just finding out, but they should understand why she did it. I'm tired of these writers making a big deal out of nothing just to make a pretend little storyline. It's sad they don't have more talent than this. This is off topic, but same goes for why Bo & Hope split up. DUMB! After 30 years and going through hell and high water for each other Hope walks out because she's mad about a decision Bo made??? The audience is smarter than this. Also, Bo would NEVER have given up on Hope and he NEVER EVER EVER would have turned to another woman while his Fancy Face is alive and well. He never would just turn off his feelings like that for Hope. Writers, ya need to go back to school.

longliveBOPE

Postby longliveBOPE » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:00 pm

Quote FatherJohn:

It really has nothing to do with Carly & her daughter it more that she laid with Hope husband whether or not she was in the house he was and still married. I really to be truthfull blame Bo. what ever way it seen disrepect was shown there no getting around that. and it fine that Bo & Carly get together now because the dynamic have change,I' ve never been a fan of Carly even in the 90 and don't care much for Bo either but down the line after everthing said and done Bope will be back stronger then ever. so really thank you Carly :))

lexus495

Postby lexus495 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:51 pm

I agree anything she say or do is wrong. first chole tells her she knows everything so she assumed daniel told her he was mel father and daniel was mad and even threaten her. If she tells the truth she's wrong if she lies she's wrong she just can't win. It's like everyone just take turns at abusing her if something goes wrong in salem its carly fault and they yell at her. Mel and Daniel should be greatful b/c from the flashbacks he would have killed them both with no remorse no matter how much daniiel says he could have protected himself larry aka lawerance.

Stefanie DiMera

Postby Stefanie DiMera » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:34 pm

The outright hatred for Carly based on this storyline goes completely over the top and is devoid of common sense. The writers have seen fit to have just about everyone alienate her, with the exception of Bo. But based on some comments on these message boards, I question the sanity of certain viewers as well. If you disliked Carly prior to this storyline, that’s one thing. Everyone likes and dislikes different characters, which is fine. I personally am not a big Carly fan either, but if you think she’s an evil conniving wench based on keeping secrets about her daughter, then you really are out to lunch. Her actions have largely led to disastrous situations, yes, but she has genuinely felt bad about what has happened and feels tremendous guilt. Is that the reaction of an evil psycho? Hardly. Can you honestly compare her to scum like EJ, who runs drugs, kills people and kidnaps his own baby to make the mother miserable? Carly’s motives were largely honourable. Did they work out as planned? Obviously not. As for Daniel and his pretty highlights, he’d have been eaten and spit out by Lawrence Alamain – so save the tough guy talk Doc about how you’d have protected your daughter. As for Carly breaking up Hope and Bo – I think that was a crappy way for the writers to take it, but you knew it would happen. But at most, she assumes 1/3rd of the responsibility. Bo and Hope were already a mess caused by their own actions. Then Bo sees fit to wait all of 10 minutes before jumping in the sack with an old flame. How about having one couple that doesn't cheat. 100% of all adults don't cheat, maybe that could be reflected in at least one storyline.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”