Viewer Written thoughts!

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
flightobl

Re: Viewer Written thoughts!

Postby flightobl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:32 pm

That would be really sad if soaps became a thing of the past. To be replaced by what? MORE reality shows? 24 hours of 'reality' lol! Oh boy...

Oh, did I just blog? :-)

FatherJohn

Postby FatherJohn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Quote blindiedling: I think that if the show went back on the history of their show, and let it hold true, start letting relationships build up, let the couples go to movies, out to dinner, come on Maggie owns a restraunat, get to know each other fall in love before they hop in the sack, tone it down some on the bedhopping. And have some adventures the way they used to like when Hope and Bo, Steve and Kayla, and Marlena and John had some. I mean the Brady family is Irish. How about St. Patricks day coming up. We never got a St. Patrick`s day last year there. This is all history, on what has made the show. At least till they have put it in this slump they have had for a few years. A friend on mine and me were talking about the soaps that have left the air today. She said they have took most of hers off. I said sometimes I almost wish they would mine. I think soon soaps maybe a thing of the past. And it`s a shame. Lazy writing, and the not so good actors, and I`m not going to mention any names. LOL. JMO.

Great point.. In my opinion the writers are stuck in the stone age where these frumpy housewives wanted to watch the steamy sex scenes because they weren't getting it at home.. WAKE UP writers.. This is the 21st century.. Women can have healthy steamy sex lives.. Lets bring back the love. A sex scene now and then is fun but lets be honest.. Most of us want to get back to the core LOVE of our super couples.

FatherJohn

Postby FatherJohn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Quote flightobl: That would be really sad if soaps became a thing of the past. To be replaced by what? MORE reality shows? 24 hours of 'reality' lol! Oh boy...

Oh, did I just blog? :-)

You sure did.. Wasn't that easy? :o

flightobl

Postby flightobl » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:41 pm

LOL!

blindiedling

Postby blindiedling » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Oh well I tried, I guess I`m no good at blogging.LOL. :D

FatherJohn

Postby FatherJohn » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Quote blindiedling: Oh well I tried, I guess I`m no good at blogging.LOL. :D

Youre great at the fan fiction writing.. Keep going I want to know the rest of the story

blindiedling

Postby blindiedling » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Quote FatherJohn:
Quote blindiedling: Oh well I tried, I guess I`m no good at blogging.LOL. :D

Youre great at the fan fiction writing.. Keep going I want to know the rest of the story

I`ll have to give it some thought. Maybe Monday. We`re leaving tomorrow, my father-in-law is up from Florida, we have a huge wedding to go to tomorrow night, and will be gone all week-end. I`m back and forth between my zoo on facebook, and here. LOL. Once I get my animals situated for the week-end I`m off to bed. I`m brain dead. LOL. :D

chuckywoodchuck

Postby chuckywoodchuck » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:04 pm

Quote FatherJohn:
Quote blindiedling: I think that if the show went back on the history of their show, and let it hold true, start letting relationships build up, let the couples go to movies, out to dinner, come on Maggie owns a restraunat, get to know each other fall in love before they hop in the sack, tone it down some on the bedhopping. And have some adventures the way they used to like when Hope and Bo, Steve and Kayla, and Marlena and John had some. I mean the Brady family is Irish. How about St. Patricks day coming up. We never got a St. Patrick`s day last year there. This is all history, on what has made the show. At least till they have put it in this slump they have had for a few years. A friend on mine and me were talking about the soaps that have left the air today. She said they have took most of hers off. I said sometimes I almost wish they would mine. I think soon soaps maybe a thing of the past. And it`s a shame. Lazy writing, and the not so good actors, and I`m not going to mention any names. LOL. JMO.

Great point.. In my opinion the writers are stuck in the stone age where these frumpy housewives wanted to watch the steamy sex scenes because they weren't getting it at home.. WAKE UP writers.. This is the 21st century.. Women can have healthy steamy sex lives.. Lets bring back the love. A sex scene now and then is fun but lets be honest.. Most of us want to get back to the core LOVE of our super couples.

Two good post.

JMO, I have been saying for a long time that DOOL needed to return to it's roots. When it first aired, the Hortons were the foundation of the story. The Hortons are no longer the center of the story. They have been pushed to the side and the Hernandez, Demira, and others have taken over.

I don't want to sound bad, but I think that they brought in too many people from Passions, too many teens, and brought back characters that weren't needed. They should have been bringing in more Horton's and keeping them the center of the story.

They need a core couple like Tom and Alice Horton that can be an anchor for the story and build around. They need to keep a couple together when they have a problem and let them work it out together, instead of seperating them, and having them sleep with someone else. When Tom and Alice had a problem, they worked it out. Tom didn't run out and sleep with an ex. Yes, I am talking about Bo and Hope.

I know that they say that it is hard to write for a couple that has been together as long as Bo and Hope. To me this doesn't make alot of sense because either way they have to write a sl. All it takes is creativity, instead of recycling sl.

Since Tom and Alice are no longer with us, they should keep Bo and Hope together as the core couple along with Ciara.
Instead of separating Bo and Hope before carly returned so that they could pave the way for carly to return and be with Bo, they should have kept Bo and Hope together and let them help carly.

This lame sl that they wrote when they brought back carly is a fiasco, boring, unbelievable, and yes some bad acting. If they were so bent on bringing carly back, they should have brought her back with a different sl.

flightobl

Postby flightobl » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:46 pm

Quote chuckywoodchuck:
Quote FatherJohn:

Two good post.

JMO, I have been saying for a long time that DOOL needed to return to it's roots. When it first aired, the Hortons were the foundation of the story. The Hortons are no longer the center of the story. They have been pushed to the side and the Hernandez, Demira, and others have taken over.

I don't want to sound bad, but I think that they brought in too many people from Passions, too many teens, and brought back characters that weren't needed. They should have been bringing in more Horton's and keeping them the center of the story.

They need a core couple like Tom and Alice Horton that can be an anchor for the story and build around. They need to keep a couple together when they have a problem and let them work it out together, instead of seperating them, and having them sleep with someone else. When Tom and Alice had a problem, they worked it out. Tom didn't run out and sleep with an ex. Yes, I am talking about Bo and Hope.

I know that they say that it is hard to write for a couple that has been together as long as Bo and Hope. To me this doesn't make alot of sense because either way they have to write a sl. All it takes is creativity, instead of recycling sl.

Since Tom and Alice are no longer with us, they should keep Bo and Hope together as the core couple along with Ciara.
Instead of separating Bo and Hope before carly returned so that they could pave the way for carly to return and be with Bo, they should have kept Bo and Hope together and let them help carly.

This lame sl that they wrote when they brought back carly is a fiasco, boring, unbelievable, and yes some bad acting. If they were so bent on bringing carly back, they should have brought her back with a different sl.

Well put!

flightobl

Postby flightobl » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:02 am

How about a 'mini-blog'? Where someone just takes one segment of a s/l or character and states his or her opinion about that?

I think I'm starting to 'get' this, about how we do this here everyday with the topics on the board. !) :]

Return to “Days of Our Lives”