Will true love really win out at the end ?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Tesstellthetruthalready

Re: Will true love really win out at the end ?

Postby Tesstellthetruthalready » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:30 pm

Ignoring all of the posts in this thread and only answering the question "Will true love really win out in the end?"

My answer is no, the writer's will win out in the end..

DOOL.Rox

Postby DOOL.Rox » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:45 pm

Quote magicsteacher:
Quote LUMIFOREVERANDEVER:
Quote alwaysEJ:
Quote alwaysEJ: I don't find it to be an appropriate metaphor for EJ or Rafe . . . natural disasters aside, the current writing seems to indicate that EJ & Sami have a great deal more story ahead of them. What that entails no one knows exactly, but I do see a cue card that reads 'Exit stage right' in Rafe's future.

I think it is a great metaphor for Rafe..he came to Salem and destroyed any feelings Sami had for Ej.

Subject change, AlwaysEj, I saw your profile picture on FB and it is just beautiful. That is one of the best wedding photos I have ever seen. Congrats on your marriage. :D

Hey thanks! We had great weather that day - I loved every minute of it but I'm also glad it's over :)

I have to ask you, as a Lumi fan, don't you realize that with Rafe around Lucas is totally pushed aside? His pairing w/Chloe was awful, they ship him off to rehab, & now he's back but with nothing to do. As a long time viewer of the show, I feel terrible for Bryan. I think he deserves better, & if there is a tug of war over Sami, I much prefer the one between EJ & Lucas than EJ & Rafe. I understand that you prefer Rafe over EJ, but w/Rafe in the picture, Lucas (& Bryan) get the shaft. And honestly the writing of the Lucas/EJ/Sami triangle was better than watching Sami w/Rafe.

I feel that Lucas has been pushed aside for a while regardless of Rafe and Ej being in the picture. I am sick of the triangles with Sami and I don't feel like there is one now. Ej is not declaring his love for Sami...has he even mentioned being in love with Sami in a while? I'm asking... The writers are doing him (Lucas and Bryan) a serious injustice. I think they were trying to give him a good storyline with Chloe but soon realized that they were a dud of a couple and then they were stuck because I don't think anyone expected for Rafe and Sami to be so good together, and because they are, there isn't any room for Lucas right now in Sami's storyline. She has a pretty full plate already with Grace dying and now Sydney being kidnapped. As much as I would love for LUMI to reunite, I am just happy that I am enjoying Sami in a relationship. I don't dislike Rafe, before, I was indifferent about him, but now I enjoy him and I enjoy watching him and Sami together. Since you can't please all the people all of the time, I will take what I can get. Sami's happy with Rafe...and since the writers have totally dissed the LUMI fans, it's time they step up and give me something interesting to watch involving Lucas....like finding out he has another son with Sami....Sorry...just had too :-) :D

I know this is long...but before, LUMI is what got me excited about the show...it's what I tuned in for..but now, I love that Carly and Viv are back, I have really started liking Melanie and I am interested in her storyline, so the show is throwing me a bone and giving me other storylines to invest in, so I can live without LUMI being together..for now :D

Good post. I feel bad about the character of Lucas, too. I was a former LUMI fan, until Rafe and SAFE came into the picture. His character has been pushed aside for awhile now and IMO, it is all about TPTB, not Rafe or EJ. He had said in an interview that when he came back from rehab, he was supposed to be part of a good storyline, but he hadn't heard what it was, and from his last interview, I would guess he still hasn't. He said he will be on once in awhile, but nothing big now. So, that being the way it is, I, too am glad that Sami is happy after all she has gone through, and in a good relationship with someone she loves.

where did you read/watch these interviews? i would like to see them.
I also wish they would put a decent storyline for lucas!! they are wasting his talent.
i still hope in the future, lucas and sami get together again

LUMIFOREVERANDEVER

Postby LUMIFOREVERANDEVER » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Quote alwaysEJ:
Quote alwaysEJ:
Quote alwaysEJ: I don't find it to be an appropriate metaphor for EJ or Rafe . . . natural disasters aside, the current writing seems to indicate that EJ & Sami have a great deal more story ahead of them. What that entails no one knows exactly, but I do see a cue card that reads 'Exit stage right' in Rafe's future.

I think it is a great metaphor for Rafe..he came to Salem and destroyed any feelings Sami had for Ej.

Subject change, AlwaysEj, I saw your profile picture on FB and it is just beautiful. That is one of the best wedding photos I have ever seen. Congrats on your marriage. :D

Hey thanks! We had great weather that day - I loved every minute of it but I'm also glad it's over :)

I have to ask you, as a Lumi fan, don't you realize that with Rafe around Lucas is totally pushed aside? His pairing w/Chloe was awful, they ship him off to rehab, & now he's back but with nothing to do. As a long time viewer of the show, I feel terrible for Bryan. I think he deserves better, & if there is a tug of war over Sami, I much prefer the one between EJ & Lucas than EJ & Rafe. I understand that you prefer Rafe over EJ, but w/Rafe in the picture, Lucas (& Bryan) get the shaft. And honestly the writing of the Lucas/EJ/Sami triangle was better than watching Sami w/Rafe.

I feel that Lucas has been pushed aside for a while regardless of Rafe and Ej being in the picture. I am sick of the triangles with Sami and I don't feel like there is one now. Ej is not declaring his love for Sami...has he even mentioned being in love with Sami in a while? I'm asking... The writers are doing him (Lucas and Bryan) a serious injustice. I think they were trying to give him a good storyline with Chloe but soon realized that they were a dud of a couple and then they were stuck because I don't think anyone expected for Rafe and Sami to be so good together, and because they are, there isn't any room for Lucas right now in Sami's storyline. She has a pretty full plate already with Grace dying and now Sydney being kidnapped. As much as I would love for LUMI to reunite, I am just happy that I am enjoying Sami in a relationship. I don't dislike Rafe, before, I was indifferent about him, but now I enjoy him and I enjoy watching him and Sami together. Since you can't please all the people all of the time, I will take what I can get. Sami's happy with Rafe...and since the writers have totally dissed the LUMI fans, it's time they step up and give me something interesting to watch involving Lucas....like finding out he has another son with Sami....Sorry...just had too :-) :D

I know this is long...but before, LUMI is what got me excited about the show...it's what I tuned in for..but now, I love that Carly and Viv are back, I have really started liking Melanie and I am interested in her storyline, so the show is throwing me a bone and giving me other storylines to invest in, so I can live without LUMI being together..for now :D

Thanks! Makes sense. I have to disagree that Rafe & Sami are good together. I am no Lumi fan & I can admit that Sami & Lucas have much better on screen chemistry than Sami & Rafe. I thought Lucas' return from prison had potential. There were some great scenes when they were all living in the mansion (as ridiculous as that situation was). I thought we were heading for a Lumi pairing, even if only for a little while, when Sami kept saying over & over how much she loved Lucas. But nothing. When Chloe entered the picture is when things really went south for Lucas' character. I knew they'd put EJ w/Nicole, for awhile, & I guess they figured they should stick Lucas w/someone too.

As Kate's son & a Horton, they should be able to come up with something interesting for Lucas.

I do understand what you mean about there being no triangle for Sami right now. I was more entertained by Lucas & EJ's jabs at one another than I am by Sami playing house w/Rafe, but I guess I prefer EJ not constantly declaring his love for Sami . . . right now the Ejami scenes are making me happy & giving me a reason to think there are good things ahead for Ejami fans. I miss Sami - the real Sami - & that is one reason I want to see her w/EJ. Sami w/Rafe is dull as dirt IMO. Sami is much more interesting with Lucas even, as much as those two irritate me - irritation is better than bored.

Good talk...I've enjoyed reading your thoughts :D

AAkiseLUVSEJAMIE

Postby AAkiseLUVSEJAMIE » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Quote DOOL.Rox:
Quote magicsteacher:
Quote alwaysEJ:

Good post. I feel bad about the character of Lucas, too. I was a former LUMI fan, until Rafe and SAFE came into the picture. His character has been pushed aside for awhile now and IMO, it is all about TPTB, not Rafe or EJ. He had said in an interview that when he came back from rehab, he was supposed to be part of a good storyline, but he hadn't heard what it was, and from his last interview, I would guess he still hasn't. He said he will be on once in awhile, but nothing big now. So, that being the way it is, I, too am glad that Sami is happy after all she has gone through, and in a good relationship with someone she loves.

where did you read/watch these interviews? i would like to see them.
I also wish they would put a decent storyline for lucas!! they are wasting his talent.
i still hope in the future, lucas and sami get together again

I hate that they are wasting BD's talent . altought im an ejami fan till infinity and beyond . i feel that they should kick GG off the show/are put him in lucas's place.because altought GG is "goodlooking " he does not bring any type of personality to the show. Lucas/Bd is a cutie but at the same time he can entertain ppl.I just feel Rafe is a bore , hes basically a waste in my opnion. im really suprise because gg was a really good actor when he was on passions.

AAkiseLUVSEJAMIE

Postby AAkiseLUVSEJAMIE » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:02 pm

Quote alwaysEJ:
Quote alwaysEJ:

Thanks! Makes sense. I have to disagree that Rafe & Sami are good together. I am no Lumi fan & I can admit that Sami & Lucas have much better on screen chemistry than Sami & Rafe. I thought Lucas' return from prison had potential. There were some great scenes when they were all living in the mansion (as ridiculous as that situation was). I thought we were heading for a Lumi pairing, even if only for a little while, when Sami kept saying over & over how much she loved Lucas. But nothing. When Chloe entered the picture is when things really went south for Lucas' character. I knew they'd put EJ w/Nicole, for awhile, & I guess they figured they should stick Lucas w/someone too.

As Kate's son & a Horton, they should be able to come up with something interesting for Lucas.

I do understand what you mean about there being no triangle for Sami right now. I was more entertained by Lucas & EJ's jabs at one another than I am by Sami playing house w/Rafe, but I guess I prefer EJ not constantly declaring his love for Sami . . . right now the Ejami scenes are making me happy & giving me a reason to think there are good things ahead for Ejami fans. I miss Sami - the real Sami - & that is one reason I want to see her w/EJ. Sami w/Rafe is dull as dirt IMO. Sami is much more interesting with Lucas even, as much as those two irritate me - irritation is better than bored.

Good talk...I've enjoyed reading your thoughts :D

i agree, i miss samantha brady aka the bad gone even more bad lmao. she was basically unpredictable when she was with ej. she was interesting when she was with lucas. with rafe is like "uhhhh..... uhhhh...... uhh..... okay..." lmao

kktt

Postby kktt » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Quote alwaysEJ:
Quote speechless:
Quote speechless:
Quote speechless: the same thing that happened to Lumi 2000 and never again..well at least EJAMI has 2010. :D

So you say...but you also said Ejami 2009, so we will see :D
and, LUMI has been together in the 2000's...happy, in love, all that jazz....ejami, not so much. I think it will be AJ in 2010 (Ari and Ej :D )

Did I say EJAMI 2009. I know I wanted it. I know I said keep the faith to the EJAMI's but did I say EJAMI 2009? Yes Lumi WAS together in the year 2000 yep but now not seeing the writers going back there...but who knows...however EJAMI 2010 is probably going to happen..will it last only the writers know... :D :D :D

As far as your thoughts about EJ and Ari..well you thought LUMI was hot too so.... :-)

Oh, I am pretty sure you did...no biggie. :D
I said the 2000's...as in more than one year...Also, I still do think LUMI is/was/ so HOT *) They will always be in my heart even if the writers are choosing to ride the SAFE train.

I am surprised none of the SAFETTES haven't answered my question of "What happened to Ejami 2009?" The correct answer is HURRICANE RAFE BABY!!! Rafe breezed in to Salem and it was bye bye Ej, (not that Sami ever said hello Ej... :-) ) HELLO SEXY FBI GUY :D

Hurricane Rafe...LMAO well he is definitely a Quiet storm and just like the storm he too shall pass!!! :D :D :D

Hurricane Rafe :-) Oh there goes my coffee.

I say he's a category 1, the type of storm that at first worries forecasters for about a minute, but then fizzles out & totally misses what was at first assumed to be its target.

LMAO! Perfectly said. I am sure the big idea was for him to be great with Sami but now I think the writers are sitting back, scratching their heads and thinking hmmm what do we do now?

Return to “Days of Our Lives”