Is Days of our Lives really deteriorating?

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
karenG

Is Days of our Lives really deteriorating?

Postby karenG » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:58 pm

I have only been watching DAYs since the summer on Soap Net. My older aunts watched years ago and swore by it. I have watched it during the past seven months and have seen poor writing. The plots are so fabricated and ridiculous. Characters and actors are leaving and coming back all the time. It seems like a stupid show . I give up on it.

liasonfan76

Re: Is Days of our Lives really deteriorating?

Postby liasonfan76 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:55 am

It is not as good as it used to be. I used to love and look forwards to it everyday. Now I only enjoy watching Mimi (which she is leaving) And Sami and that is it.

karenG

Postby karenG » Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:15 am

I hate EJ and not because he is the villain. I think he is so transparent and it is impossible for anyone to do what he is doing. And that tarot card situation is really stupid. Also Chelsea should just move out of town.

AllieB

Postby AllieB » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:17 am

I still love DOOL i've been watching for 12 years. It have had some bad writing lately but they also have replace one writer and is bringing back a previous writer for the show. I see it is getting back interesting. That's the way it's been since I've been watching. Hang in there it's going to get better.

mommy5

Postby mommy5 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:08 am

I've been watching DOOL since the early 80's(not to reveal my age-no one do the math on that-LOL) way back when BO and Hope got tegether. He was the bad boy on a motorcycle and she was Salems sweetheart.She was suppose to marry Larry Welsh I think he blackmailed or something. I cant remember. i know she really didnt want to marry him. Anyway BO crashes the wedding and they ride off into the sunset on his motorcycle to live happily ever after,lol. That was my alltime fav storyline. But of course i was only a teen then! Dool has had alot of really stupid storylines. Like Marlana being possessed, Rex and Cassie arriving to Salem in a spaceship and everyone thought they were aliens. And then of course the salem stalker killing everyone off and they really arent dead but on a romote island. Yeah Dool writers have gone way out there at times, but they have had alot of true to life and suspensful storylines as well. I will always remain a true Dool fan til the end!

gar2244

Postby gar2244 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:01 pm

yes. some of the stories have been less then great at times.. but my wife an I have been watching,and loving, Days of our Lives since the 70's. its just a day in the life of the people of Salem. The loves and losts. The pain an tears. the joys an happiness. an like the show says:
like sands in a hourglass. so are the days of our lives.

with the help of its fans. may Days of our lives,
Live long and prosper...

gar....

Return to “Days of Our Lives”