The Abigail Character, Played by Both, KM and MM....

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
YandR and Days

The Abigail Character, Played by Both, KM and MM....

Postby YandR and Days » Sun May 20, 2018 10:25 pm

I loved KM playing Abby, and I've loved MM playing her too! It's weird for me, to be saying goodbye to MM and welcoming back KM, but I'm looking forward to KM returning.

I must say, without DOUBT, that the Abby character is THE most popular character that I've ever seen written about on a daily basis; love, like or hate her, on DAYS! This character has brought out so many emotions on/from both sides, I've never seen anything like it! At one point in time, the most hated/loved character IMO, was Sami Brady, but I must say, that Abigail has FAR surpassed Sami's love or hate fans! :lol:

Kudos to BOTH actresses! Job well Done!

EJAMI5555

Re: The Abigail Character, Played by Both, KM and MM....

Postby EJAMI5555 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:18 am

Abby is a legacy character, but she was not thrown in the front since Austin...EJ made her famous, and Chad with Billy Flynn.

I love STEBIGAIL and STEBBY with Marci, but when Kate comes back, I will feel differently about it. I would be cheering CHABBY than STEBBY.

And Kate Mansi is short term...we don't know of Billy's status. They might leave together as CHABBY....or a recast of both of them or say adios to them.

Porterfield

Postby Porterfield » Mon May 21, 2018 2:43 pm

To me, it has a lot to do with the writing. Honestly, we'll all love the "original" over a recast. I think Kate Mansi was very good in that role and she clicked with Billy. Some of it is of course the two actors, but honestly do not feel like Marci was a bust either. I think Marci's problem was three things: the popularity ofKate (and the character she played), THE WRITING and lose of momentum.

None of that was Macri's fault. It all comes down to some to the changes in writing and separately the Kate and Chad characters too long. By the time they finally put them together it was too late and once they did they didn’t know what to do with them than breaking them up. What should have been down is having the two of them go on an adventure together. Not keeping the Chad/Abby/Gabbi (and Dario) love triangle. They needed to be together so the fans would get used to them together. It has all been botched.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Wed May 23, 2018 3:05 am

The thing with these two is...Marci gives the acting abilities, than Kate. Kate gives the emotions...facial emotions that she won at the Emmys. It's going to be hard recasting another Abby. Remember, Kate Mansi is short term ;)

Return to “Days of Our Lives”