Chelsea question

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
JeanLou

Re: Chelsea question

Postby JeanLou » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:17 pm

miladytn wrote:Well, I, for one, would love to see RM back, in any role at all! LOL, but she'll always be Chelsea to me. Love her, and love the way she played the character.

But as for us hillbillies, lemme just say that we's a proud bunch, so don't go picking on us, cause we just might pick back. All in fun of course, because we're just like that. Heckfire, we even like damn Yankees, cheeseheads, them Californers, mid-westerners, and them folks up there in WA state that git no sunshine. Just jokin' with y'all :)

I'm from border of TN/VA, close enough to Appalachia to be called from there. Although the state of Virginia seems to think that SW VA ends at Roanoke, but that's another story not meant for this website. They now call us "far southwest" and like to forget we exist over here. So we call East TN home, LOL!

Just joking here, ladies and gents, and mean no offense to anyone. Be proud of wherever you're from and whatever your background is. It's what makes us who we are.

I have always wished Rachel Melvin would return & play Chelsea, still do!

elaine999

Postby elaine999 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:25 pm

Reese Rose wrote:
pontiacgirl850 wrote:Billie was told that Georgia (Chelsea) had been a stillborn. But the crazy hillbilly family that helped her give birth in the middle of swamps had actually kept her and then had sent her off to be adopted.

Why is it okay to refer to people from the south as Hillbillies? I find this very offensive.

As a midwesterner from southern Indiana, I too have to ask why people living in a swamp in Georgia would be called hillbillies. Why not swamp beings?

pontiacgirl850

Postby pontiacgirl850 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:55 am

Reese Rose wrote:
pontiacgirl850 wrote:Billie was told that Georgia (Chelsea) had been a stillborn. But the crazy hillbilly family that helped her give birth in the middle of swamps had actually kept her and then had sent her off to be adopted.

Why is it okay to refer to people from the south as Hillbillies? I find this very offensive.

Bless your heart hunny i'm from the South. And being such there's a huge difference between Southern, country, redneck, and hillbilly. And honestly people from the south are mostly Southern and
Country..Those people were in fact hillbillies who happen to live in New Orleans. However, hillbillies are everywhere. Not just contained to the south.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:47 pm

pontiacgirl850 wrote:
Reese Rose wrote:

Bless your heart hunny i'm from the South. And being such there's a huge difference between Southern, country, redneck, and hillbilly. And honestly people from the south are mostly Southern and
Country..Those people were in fact hillbillies who happen to live in New Orleans. However, hillbillies are everywhere. Not just contained to the south.

I don’t care what you call me as long as you don’t call me late for dinner of collard greens, grits & fried catfish.

pontiacgirl850

Postby pontiacgirl850 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:15 pm

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Days of Our Lives”