James Lastovic

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
lexi911

Re: James Lastovic

Postby lexi911 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:17 pm

He's leaving? I did not know that. When was it spelled out for us? Why is he leaving and is another actor taking this actor's place? This kid can't act anyway or the material they have given him is dragging him down. This kid seems depressed most of the time. Please sent Claire along with him.

YandR and Days

Postby YandR and Days » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:23 am

I thought at the beginning he was a great addition, then he became expressionless and always down. I understand that part, but counseling or something, could have put some spark back in him?

Fan1996

Postby Fan1996 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:29 am

So glad to see this one go. Maybe he will do better somewhere else. And hopefully the writers will bring in a new actor for the Joey character and make the character much more interesting. I'm wondering how his departure ties in with Tripp and the possible revelation that Joey is the one that really killed Ava.

Ms. Diablo

Postby Ms. Diablo » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:50 pm

They FINALLY and officially announced he's leaving. We all knew this since March following a family friend on twitter wishing JL congrats for his Emmy nomination:"...it's beyond me that they aren't renewing his contact."
Good riddance to JL with that messy mop head and too much guy liner. I wasn't crazy about JL's incessant whining either.
Well...in JL's defense he is a young, inexperienced actor who was thrown in the forefront with too much heavy, adult-like material. Unfortunately, they did the same thing to Ciara and she feel flat in her portrayal.
Since Joey is a legacy character with lots of family in town I'm guessing he will be recast months or years down the road to allow some time for a reset. I have a hunch Joey's departure will be due to Tripp figuring out Joey killed his Mom; Joey will likely flee with some assistance or go to prison.

Altered Tundra

Postby Altered Tundra » Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:48 am

I can see why he would be leaving. His entire arc surrounding Ava is coming to an end, so it's understandable. That being said, I'm going to miss James. He was the second-best of the five teens just below Theo.

EJAMI5555

Postby EJAMI5555 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:59 am

JeanLou wrote:Oh please, let it be true! He sucks the life out of every scene he's in! I am to the point where I FF through all of his material. Poor casting IMHO, combined with bad writing, a toxic combination.

After killing Ava, he was depressed. When I looked at him, I was depressed too. :? My mood goes from scene up to down when Days switch it to him.

BrendaMorganQ

Postby BrendaMorganQ » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:57 pm

lemonade890 wrote:I'm going to miss James, just like I miss Ciara. I don't think that either one of these young people were properly written for on DAYS. That storyline never should have been written into the soap, i.e. Joey killing Ava, and confesssing, to trashy Jade.

Finally, I don't think that Steve and Kayla bringing Tripp into Joey's life did anything but escalate Joey's guilt and depression.

(I will say that the casting department did choose a young man who looked liked he could really be Steve and Kayla's son).

Much success in the future,James . I will miss you.

Wonder how he will exit? Here's to it being better than AZ's exit. Not sure when her last scene is but I hope they bring her back to herself before she walks into the sunset. He should not get a repeat of Eric's storyline and be carted off to jail. If RC uses any of his skills from AMC he should let Tripp discover that his mother was not a saint by any means and learn how she seduced his brother to get a leg up (pardon he pun) with Steve and how she faked having cancer to draw all of them in. Yes he killed her while she was in a hospital bed (self inflicted), but he was dealing with the truth and how he helped to bring her back into his parent's lives.

JeanLou

Postby JeanLou » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:07 pm

I think Joey will FINALLY come clean to everyone (and especially to Tripp) that he was the one who offed Ava and go off to jail or wherever for a while. Agreed, he will be recast down the road as he's part of an integral family in Salem.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”