Sweet Maggie isn't asking for much.

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
Jeank101

Sweet Maggie isn't asking for much.

Postby Jeank101 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:43 pm

All she wants for an apology is that Eric makes sure that every, little solitary thing he does for the rest if his life be for the betterment of mankind.
Come on, Maggie. He's not God. Even with the best intentions, it can't be done. And is she going to be his judge? No one can make those kinds of judgement calls.

Talk about a guilt trip.

lemonade890

Re: Sweet Maggie isn't asking for m

Postby lemonade890 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:09 pm

I absolutely loved Maggie's conversation with Eric, especially when she reminded him that she is a recovering alcoholic, who had once been involved in an auto accident that could have resulted in the loss of someone else's life . Both she and Julie reminded me of the late, Alice Horton, who found time to comfort others, while dealing with their own biological families' needs. DAYS definitely needs these two mature women, who can offer some sound advice to these younger "adults".

The Hernandez siblings need their mother to come back, and offer them some sound motherly advice.

Jeank101

Re: Sweet Maggie isn't asking for m

Postby Jeank101 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:28 pm

lemonade890 wrote:I absolutely loved Maggie's conversation with Eric, especially when she reminded him that she is a recovering alcoholic, who had once been involved in an auto accident that could have resulted in the loss of someone else's life . Both she and Julie reminded me of the late, Alice Horton, who found time to comfort others, while dealing with their own biological families' needs. DAYS definitely needs these two mature women, who can offer some sound advice to these younger "adults".

The Hernandez siblings need their mother to come back, and offer them some sound motherly advice.

I absolutely agree with all you said. I just feel she went too far laying that guilt trip on him . Just wish she has not said that - or said it in a different way. It is admirable that he wants to help others. The way she said it - "everything you do" - is quite a burden.
But I do like that Julie and Maggie can be helpful for the younger family members. :) Like the connection between generations.

lurker girl

Re: Sweet Maggie isn't asking for much.

Postby lurker girl » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 pm

I only caught the last 15 min. or so of the show and will watch the rest tomorrow, but I did get to see Maggie with Eric and thought the exact same thing, Jean. It was such a mature and forgiving attitude that Maggie showed him, but then she made me "tsk-tsk" at her for adding that request for perfection from the poor guy.

Return to “Days of Our Lives”