regarding Days of Our Lives opening theme

Days of our Lives board to discuss your fave NBC soap!
ghfan1985

regarding Days of Our Lives opening theme

Postby ghfan1985 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:01 pm

can't find my past topic.

Some people misunderstood. We can keep Mac's voice and the hourglass, but why
can't we add people's faces? And Jean, what I meant about using the actor's names
is that on all the other soaps, the opening credits now show the actors with their
real names - so for example, Suzanne Rogers' face with her name, etc.

I think this is a good idea, and would jumpstart the identity of the show. I like
what we have now, if they revamped it, but it feels like they keep the same old intro
from years ago (when was the last time they even touched it) is because they can't be
bothered. Ken "el cheapo" Corday.. or is this not fair to say?

anonymous1000

Re: regarding Days of Our Lives opening theme

Postby anonymous1000 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:06 pm

Days is the only soap that doesn't show their faces it will be a welcome addition.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:56 pm

I like that idea. Showing faces - with their names. Kind of woven thru the intro. :)

lurker girl

Postby lurker girl » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:43 pm

I don't like it. People come and go, and it costs money to update openings. On B&B, it often has lagged behind quite a long time, showing faces of actors or even characters who are no longer on. Or actors are off the show for months due to illness or injury. And if only a few vets are shown, that makes it all about them, when it should always be an ensemble. I doubt that Days is losing viewers due to what some perceive as an out-dated opening. If the stories are good, people will watch. As I said in the previous thread, Days' opening is iconic.

Jeank101

Postby Jeank101 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:01 am

lurker girl wrote:I don't like it. People come and go, and it costs money to update openings. On B&B, it often has lagged behind quite a long time, showing faces of actors or even characters who are no longer on. Or actors are off the show for months due to illness or injury. And if only a few vets are shown, that makes it all about them, when it should always be an ensemble. I doubt that Days is losing viewers due to what some perceive as an out-dated opening. If the stories are good, people will watch. As I said in the previous thread, Days' opening is iconic.

All valid points. I'll have to think about it some more.

Patticake68

Postby Patticake68 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Seriously..how hard would it be to replace a face if a new actor comes on or takes the place of the same character. Even if just showing core characters faces, computer technology can do a lot today. How expensive could it be to just superimpose a face over a character?

Return to “Days of Our Lives”