Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
happens

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby happens » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:24 pm

:lol:
YoungBoldLady50 wrote: Breaking News....John McCain just announced that he will vote NO...on the Cassidy-Graham Bill to destroy the ACA or Obamacare. The Arizona Senator won't support the Bill without a CBO score or bipartisan effort. Ah... a decent conscience in Washington. This plan has no endorsements from any of the Medical Associations, AARP, Medicare/Medicade Office. In my state of New Jersey even Governor Chris Christie along with 10 other Governors denouced the Bill. So as it stands right now this Bill is one vote from being defeated. However, I'm not doing a happy dance yet cause....it's not over...till it's over...that would be September 30. Keeping positive. ;)

Have a great weekend all Posters. 8-)

This is great news as my state along with so many others was going to take a huge hit. This seems like a worse bill than the last one that failed. It doesn't even protect 100% against pre-existing conditions from what I understand.

mollycoddle

Postby mollycoddle » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:27 pm

YoungBoldLady50 wrote: Breaking News....John McCain just announced that he will vote NO...on the Cassidy-Graham Bill to destroy the ACA or Obamacare. The Arizona Senator won't support the Bill without a CBO score or bipartisan effort. Ah... a decent conscience in Washington. This plan has no endorsements from any of the Medical Associations, AARP, Medicare/Medicade Office. In my state of New Jersey even Governor Chris Christie along with 10 other Governors denouced the Bill. So as it stands right now this Bill is one vote from being defeated. However, I'm not doing a happy dance yet cause....it's not over...till it's over...that would be September 30. Keeping positive. ;)

I suppose when a person is getting up close and personal with the end of their life payoffs from corporate donors pale when placed against your own legacy and how what he does now affects the world he is leaving behind.

I hope his conscience holds. Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski now need to step up and end this.

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Hi YoungBoldLady and thanks for the update about John McCain announcing he'll vote NO on the Graham-Cassidy bill. I couldn't really see him voting any other way based on his reasoning for voting against the skinny bill when the same rule of order that he talked about is non-existent with this proposal, as well.

Here's what Trump tweeted today about the bill: "Paul or other Republicans who vote against the bill will "forever ... be known as 'the Republican who saved ObamaCare.'" For the majority of Americans they will be known as, with the exception of Rand, the Republicans with a heart and soul who listened to their constituency and saved millions of Americans people from losing healthcare coverage.

You have a great weekend too.

kenya12

Postby kenya12 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:22 pm

mollycoddle wrote:

I suppose when a person is getting up close and personal with the end of their life payoffs from corporate donors pale when placed against your own legacy and how what he does now affects the world he is leaving behind.

I hope his conscience holds. Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski now need to step up and end this.
I believe they will john mccain has made it easy for those who have doubts about this bill to step up forget trump he is an emperor with no clothes

kenya12

Postby kenya12 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:25 pm

I predict it wont pass too many people are against this bill I believe we will end having a singer payer plan or something I still dont understand it can some one break it down in simpler terms what a single payer plan is

tionne12

Postby tionne12 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:06 pm

kenya12 wrote:

I predict it wont pass too many people are against this bill I believe we will end having a singer payer plan or something I still dont understand it can some one break it down in simpler terms what a single payer plan is

ITA even the medicaid/medicare directors from each state are against it they need to let this obama obsession go they look like some fools :lol:

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”