Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
SaraG1000

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby SaraG1000 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:02 am

To Jacee: That was a beautiful post. It is so nice to meet people like you even though it is just on a discussion board. :)

loveridge

Postby loveridge » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:24 am

SaraG1000 wrote:
kenya12 wrote:
mollycoddle wrote:Well as of now all our foreign ambassadors have been fired with no replacements and any mention of climate change has been scrubbed from the white house webpage, as well as the page referring to LGBT rights.

Lets roll it all the way back to 1950 ya'll. MAGA! :lol:
And not only that they dont have anyone around the nuclear arsenals either. It was reported that the trump administration wanted some of the obama people to stay but they refused

Do you know if any of the office staff stayed? My friend said some of Obama's people are remaining there to work until Trump's staff gets settled in. This friend tends to get everything backwards so I cannot rely on her version. The last I heard a few days ago, all Obama personnel were either moved out or packing to be out before today.
From what I heard on msnbc saraG1000 only a few stayed but the majority of obama's staff left and the funny part is they wanted obama's people to stay permanently the office staff that is they told them no they have already made plans and the rest just did not want to be associated with his administration :lol: :lol: :lol:

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:37 am

I will miss the Obama White House.

I believe that more work would have been done for the PEOPLE if the Republicans would have done their jobs for the past 8 years instead of blocking EVERYTHING Obama wanted to get pass.

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:29 am

SaraG1000 wrote:
BrianRose wrote:I refused to watch Trump's Fraudulation ceremony. No way would I give credence to someone of his ignoble stature who had to get help from a foreign dictator to get into office. It just goes to show that money and wealth cannot buy class, and Trump is a classless act.

I had a funny question pop into my head as I was posting this. Since Trump is a pathological liar and his promises are as worthless as a degree from his trumped up university, did his hand burst into flames when he placed his hand on the bible to take the oath of office? :lol: :lol: :lol: I wonder if Trump's people have clued him in that walking up to women and forcibly kissing them and grabbing them by the genitalia, even if you are rich and famous, is sexual assault? I'm curious to see how the sexual assault allegation against him by the former Apprentice contestant will play out.

Okay Brian, was it you that posted the video on twitter of Trump with his hand on a big flaming object?
;) I'm not kidding. There actually is one. I felt guilty laughing at it.

:lol: :lol: That's hilarious! No, it wasn't me but it looks like someone else was thinking along the same lines. Come to think of it, with Trump's reputation for lying and then placing his hand on the bible swearing to an oath, it had to cross the minds of millions of Americans. :lol: :lol:

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:32 am

cinderella2 wrote:I will miss the Obama White House.

I believe that more work would have been done for the PEOPLE if the Republicans would have done their jobs for the past 8 years instead of blocking EVERYTHING Obama wanted to get pass.

I'm POSITIVE more would have been done for the PEOPLE had Republicans done their job the last eight years and not blocked EVERYTHING President Obama tried to get done for the people in the Country. It's amazing what people want to selectively remember. They blame President Obama for not getting things done, but they don't blame Republicans for blocking his efforts.

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:41 am

Jacee Wojo wrote:A few thoughts of how I felt today. I'm not even sure of why I felt this way, but today reminded me of when President Kennedy was asassinated. The reason I say that is the sadness and depressing feelings I felt at that time were very similar to how I felt today. One very big difference was that back then we were all united in our feelings as a nation and today we are a divided nation. All you have to do is read some of the comments under YouTube videos or different articles that have been written. I commented one time and was told by all the Trump supporters that I was an idiot so I knew I would never comment again. I can see by those that continue to comment that they will not change their minds at least at this point. They still call Hillary a murderer and are sure Donald will make sure she goes to jail. They trash Obama and still claim he was born in Kenya. All the lies just go on and on.

Like so many of you I refused to watch the one person who I never, ever thought would be the President of the United States. I still remember watching in disbelief on Election Day when it was clear that he was going to win. I couldn't even watch the entire night because I felt like I was in the middle of a nightmare. I admit I am very scared about so many things. I am worried that Social Security may be taken away along with Medicare as I know it. I worry about a nuclear war. If we escape that nuclear war I worry about what is going to happen to my grandchildren and their education and the list goes on and on.

I am really going to miss Barack Obama, his beautiful wife Michelle and his children Malia and Sasha. I'm going to miss Joe Biden and his wife Jill. The day that Barack Obama became the 44th President of the United States was a day I felt such excitement and pride that he was going to be our President. I had volunteered in my state to work on his campaign so I felt personal pride in the fact that I had played a very tiny part in his election.

If I could say something to him today I would tell him that there are many things that he did during his two terms that I can't thank him enough for but one thing that affected me personally was when he first took away pre-existing conditions first for children and later everyone. No longer could insurance companies drop you in the middle of cancer treatment or some other major health crisis. I was not blessed with good health for most of my early adult life, but despite many different health problems being told I had cancer three times was the biggest. I heard of so many horror stories where people of all ages were told they were either not going to be covered or were dropped by their insurance company in the middle of treatment. Because of President Obama I was never told that. I don't have any idea if that will continue or not. President Obama did a wonderful thing when he gave us The Affordable Care Act/Obama Care. Never before have so many people in our country had health care.

I have read so many comments on here where so many can't understand how any woman could ever vote for Donald Trump and I echo that. I just shake my head in disbelief. What is wrong with these women? I think what surprises me the most is I personally know two women who are my neighbors who did vote for him and are proud of it. One time I asked one of them why she liked Donald Trump, and she said because he doesn't drink, gamble or smoke. I'm sure anyone reading this would think she is not educated, but she is a college graduate. I guess those facts mean everything to her and the fact that he admitted groping women doesn't mean a thing. All I can do is shake my head and wonder why? I feel like some of you who believe women are going to be taking a huge step backward. Let's hope we don't go all the way back to before the 19th Amendment. I would feel a tiny bit better if he were going to surround himself with good people, but as so many of you have already commented on he has no plans to do that based on his horrible picks.

I recognize several of you from long ago when I posted on the B&B board - thank you BrianRose for bringing back some of our fun times we shared and to everything else you said in your post ITA with. :D To everyone else thank you for your comments - I enjoyed reading all of them and just feel better knowing there are others out there who share the same feelings.

Hi Jacee. You captured so many of my same sentiments in your post, from my disappointment of so many women actually supporting a man like Trump with his misogynistic views and history, to the wonderful things President Barack Obama accomplished for the people and our Country, especially the Affordable Care Act, fondly known as Obamacare.

Prior to Obamacare, insurance companies have been able to get away with completely denying coverage to people with pre-existing medical conditions, or if they allowed you coverage, they made you wait a year before you could get treatment for the pre-existing condition. I shudder to think how many people died or lost loved ones while waiting for that year to pass. The thing is, while so many want to do away with Obamacare because they are not impacted by pre-existing conditions and actually voted for the man who said he would repeal Obamacare, none of us know when we may be in a position of needing healthcare but could be denied treatment because of a pre-existing condition. There but for the grace of God go I. I've heard so many stories about people who didn't have insurance coverage for themselves and family and when they finally got it under Obamacare, their lives were possibly saved because of medical problems they had that had gone untreated for years because they didn't have insurance. What amazes me is those same people who want to do away with Obamacare and leave millions of people uninsured, don't get all up in arms with these politicians enriching themselves and their cronies with our tax dollars. There are Trump supporters actually supporting him for not releasing his tax returns and for not completely divesting from his businesses here and around the world while he makes a mockery of of his glaring conflicts of interests. If he isn't already a billionaire (and I don't believe he is), he will be one by the time he leaves office.

I'm curious to see what Republicans are going to come up with as a replacement when they repeal Obamacare. The NO pre-existing exclusion clause for insureds is not cheap and neither is keeping adult children on health insurance until age 26, which seems to be two provisions people want to keep, regardless of the plan Republicans come up with.

Palski

Postby Palski » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 am

:lol: The man who "loves women" must be happy as a clam today! Generations of us coming right to his doorstep. 8-)

#Susan B. Anthony #Sojourner Truth #LoveWomen'sHistory

As Aretha sang "You better think about what you're trying to do to me... freedom".

One minute of silence at one p.m.!!

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:13 pm

Palski wrote::lol: The man who "loves women" must be happy as a clam today! Generations of us coming right to his doorstep. 8-)

#Susan B. Anthony #Sojourner Truth #LoveWomen'sHistory

As Aretha sang "You better think about what you're trying to do to me... freedom".

One minute of silence at one p.m.!!

Love your comment :lol: 8-) :lol:

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”