Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
BrianRose

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby BrianRose » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:10 am

Jacee Wojo wrote:I agree with all of you and everything you wrote.

I tried listening to as much of Trump's press conference as I could possibly stand. I am totally embarrassed to think that this man is the leader of our country. I cannot fathom why anyone who listens to him include people who voted him into office. What are they seeing? In this press conference he again has to tell us that he won the Electoral College with 306 votes. I understand that he said the same thing when he met with the various other leaders from other countries this past week. What made me almost choke on the water I was drinking while listening to him was how he said that this was the most that anyone had won since Ronald Reagan. Doesn't this man even know how to google to see how wrong he was when making that statement. Even later when Peter Alexander brought the fact up to him that that wasn't true he came out with that was the figure given to him and that he only meant within the Republican Party. Even if he meant only that he still was wrong because George W. Bush, Sr. ended up with 426 votes when he ran.

I have never listened to anyone who can talk and talk and yet doesn't say anything that makes any sense. Personally, I think this man just loves himself and likes to brag even though he has nothing to brag about imo. He constantly talks about this so called "Fake News." When one of the reporters asked him "All the leaks, is it fake news or are these real leaks?" His answer was "The leaks are real, you know what they said, you saw it. The leaks are real, the news is fake because so much of the news is fake. He then went on saying that I watch CNN, it's so much anger and hatred and just the hatred, and so forth. I just would like to understand what was he even trying to say because I got absolutely nothing from that.
He then went on basically attacking various news stations except for Fox who he thinks is very, very good. He especially likes to attack CNN and tell them their ratings are very bad and yet his ratings are very good. He referenced how Rasmussen has him at 55% and climbing approval rating and didn't bother to mention all the others that have him at 39%. My take away from watching as much of it as I could stand was that he loves himself and anyone who loves him is okay. If you don't fit into the love him area then he has nothing good to say about you. He also wanted everyone to know that he would be appearing at Melbourne, FL over the weekend and heard the attendance was expected to be very high. Since when does a President only work a 5 day week. I guess nothing better ever happen on the weekend.

I have lived through many Presidents and I have never heard anyone talk like he does. I remember watching one season of Celebrity Apprentice because a friend of mine liked it so I decided to give it a try. One season was enough for me and I couldn't stand him in that role and here he is in the very top position of our country - something I never imagined would come true one day.

I have a next door neighbor who was and still is a big Trump supporter. Her entire family loves him and I just don't get it. They are very religious and all have attended college so they are not un-educated, but I just don't see what they see in him. When he won the election they kept their Trump/Pence sign up until just before Christmas. My husband thought they did it on purpose and every day it was up my husband was getting madder saying who keeps their sign up that long? They just want to rub it in our faces. I was so happy when they finally took it down because I knew it was really bothering him. I had told her way back when the primaries were being held that it was better if we didn't discuss politics because I could never support him. She for the most part has kept her word of not discussing him, but every now and then tells me she is so excited about him and that she thinks he will turn out to be one of our best Presidents. I don't say a word because I know once I started I wouldn't be able to stop, but I just don't get it. I admit it I have never feared so much for this country.

Looking at Trump's outlandish behavior and never-ending blathering since he took office, I firmly believe a lot of Trump supporters have buyer's remorse but are too embarrassed to admit it, so they dig their heels in and continue to make excuses for his erratic, irrational, treasonous behavior. I don't know how anyone who watched him during the primary and the campaign thought he was capable of being anything other than what he showed us back then.

As far as Christians/evangelicals supporting Trump, I'll say that the things Trump has done and continues to do, the way he carries himself, his vile words and his actions, are the antithesis of what Christians are supposed to believe in.

Palski

Postby Palski » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Believers believe everything. It's what they do. Enquiry is not their thing.
The repubs put a guy on a science committee who believed the world was five thousand years old. :lol: :lol: :lol: SCIENCE COMMITTEE :) :shock:

Palski

Postby Palski » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:57 pm

Palski wrote:Believers believe everything. It's what they do. Enquiry is not their thing.
The repubs put a guy on a science committee who believed the world was five thousand years old. :lol: :lol: :lol: SCIENCE COMMITTEE :) :shock:

Check Salon article 2012 "Least scientific.." A few crazies in it. :shock:

loveridge

Postby loveridge » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:16 pm

Are you all keeping up with the GOP town hall rally in new york. These people are upset at the thought of losing their obamacare. Any thoughts

tionne12

Postby tionne12 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Republicans Charge Into Resistance at Tumultuous Town Halls
By MATT FLEGENHEIMER and THOMAS KAPLANUPDATED 11:51 AM

These are the people who voted for trump and they are upset about obama care ending. If the GOP dont have anything better to replace the ACA look for an uprising in the streets from republican voters. They really need to leave the ACA alone

Palski

Postby Palski » Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:22 pm

Palski wrote:Right wing uranium hillary conspiracy. They pretend Russia is building bombs with it. Read Washington Post fact checker. They love this lie still. Do hate radio listeners ever research anything?

Wrapping this up. Said unmined uranium was owned by Canadian corporation. Since some property was in the US they passed it through the Nuclear Regulatory Commission and approved. It is not even allowed to be exported.
Hillary was SOS at the time and had nothing to do with it as it was not her place to do so.

They are blaming Obama for town halls! Right-wingnuts!

Trump must demonize a group or person to justify his actions and rev up his supporters. Also, to explain his failures.

He is the apprentice who works for us and two other branches of government. The long knives will come out in his party eventually.

Declining NSA advisor making newsrounds tomorrow. It used to be an honor. They wouldn't let him pick his own people. Who would want to answer to the unqualified people surrounding him? It's an insult.

Such an important position, too. :cry:

kenya12

Postby kenya12 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:46 am

loveridge wrote:Are you all keeping up with the GOP town hall rally in new york. These people are upset at the thought of losing their obamacare. Any thoughts
:lol: :lol: :lol: well trump told them he was going to remove obamacare so whats the problem oh I see they did not know that obamacare and ACA were the same. Poor babies :lol: :lol:

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”