Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
User avatar
BrianRose
Posts: 3864
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby BrianRose » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 pm

kenya12 wrote:
BrianRose wrote:How many more last ditch efforts (this is the 4th one) to do away with Obamacare will there be from desperate Republican members of Congress. These sharks are not clueless to the fact that most Americans don't want what they have previously offered nor do they want what they are currently offering in the Graham-Cassidy legislation to replace Obamacare. That's why they hide like cowards from their constituency when they go home on breaks.

Donald Trump called one of the Republicans' healthcare proposals MEAN after he celebrated its House passage with Republican House members on the White House lawn. Trump will sign into law any MEAN and HEARTLESS healthcare legislation Republicans can push through, if it means he can brag about it as a win for him and if it dismantles Obamacare. Trump doesn't care how many people lose healthcare coverage or how MEAN and HEARTLESS the coverage is that is being proposed.

Hmmm, is there a hidden provision in Last Ditch Effort #4 to exclude members of Congress from having to participate, like with the other last ditch effort proposals?

I am going to make a prediction the bill wont pass


Your predictions have been spot on in the past, Kenya, and I certainly hope you're right this time, too. Right now, Paul Rand is a no vote and hopefully Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski and John McCain will be no votes, too.

SaraG1000
Posts: 2829
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby SaraG1000 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:50 pm

BrianRose wrote:
kenya12 wrote:
BrianRose wrote:How many more last ditch efforts (this is the 4th one) to do away with Obamacare will there be from desperate Republican members of Congress. These sharks are not clueless to the fact that most Americans don't want what they have previously offered nor do they want what they are currently offering in the Graham-Cassidy legislation to replace Obamacare. That's why they hide like cowards from their constituency when they go home on breaks.

Donald Trump called one of the Republicans' healthcare proposals MEAN after he celebrated its House passage with Republican House members on the White House lawn. Trump will sign into law any MEAN and HEARTLESS healthcare legislation Republicans can push through, if it means he can brag about it as a win for him and if it dismantles Obamacare. Trump doesn't care how many people lose healthcare coverage or how MEAN and HEARTLESS the coverage is that is being proposed.

Hmmm, is there a hidden provision in Last Ditch Effort #4 to exclude members of Congress from having to participate, like with the other last ditch effort proposals?

I am going to make a prediction the bill wont pass


Your predictions have been spot on in the past, Kenya, and I certainly hope you're right this time, too. Right now, Paul Rand is a no vote and hopefully Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski and John McCain will be no votes, too.


I hope your views on the "no" votes are right but I wouldn't put money on it. I don't think any of the republicans can be trusted. They often say one thing and then do the opposite. They will make whatever deal benefits them personally.

User avatar
happens
Posts: 9954
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:16 pm
Location: Michigan

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby happens » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:52 pm

BrianRose wrote:
kenya12 wrote:
BrianRose wrote:How many more last ditch efforts (this is the 4th one) to do away with Obamacare will there be from desperate Republican members of Congress. These sharks are not clueless to the fact that most Americans don't want what they have previously offered nor do they want what they are currently offering in the Graham-Cassidy legislation to replace Obamacare. That's why they hide like cowards from their constituency when they go home on breaks.

Donald Trump called one of the Republicans' healthcare proposals MEAN after he celebrated its House passage with Republican House members on the White House lawn. Trump will sign into law any MEAN and HEARTLESS healthcare legislation Republicans can push through, if it means he can brag about it as a win for him and if it dismantles Obamacare. Trump doesn't care how many people lose healthcare coverage or how MEAN and HEARTLESS the coverage is that is being proposed.

Hmmm, is there a hidden provision in Last Ditch Effort #4 to exclude members of Congress from having to participate, like with the other last ditch effort proposals?

I am going to make a prediction the bill wont pass


Your predictions have been spot on in the past, Kenya, and I certainly hope you're right this time, too. Right now, Paul Rand is a no vote and hopefully Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski and John McCain will be no votes, too.

John McCain and Lindsey Graham are best friends I wonder if that will affect John McCain's vote?

User avatar
BrianRose
Posts: 3864
Joined: Tue May 15, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby BrianRose » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:25 am

Hi Happens, IMO, based on the reasoning McCain cited for voting against the last Republican's healthcare proposal, I believe he will vote no on the Graham-Cassidy proposal because it's not going through regular order. McCain said he voted no on the previous bill (the skinny bill) because the bill didn't go through regular order, with committee hearings and input from both sides. He also didn't believe that skinny bill offered a replacement to actually reform our healthcare system and deliver affordable, quality healthcare to everyone. Most of these Republicans don't even know or care what's in the proposed bill, and we know Trump doesn't know or care as long as they get it passed to give him a win. They are rushing to ram this Graham-Cassidy disaster through before October 1st because after that, they will need 60 votes for passage and not 51. I also think McCain has had an epiphany about the need for real quality healthcare coverage because of his own healthcare situation.

User avatar
loveridge
Posts: 6424
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby loveridge » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am

kenya12 wrote:
BrianRose wrote:How many more last ditch efforts (this is the 4th one) to do away with Obamacare will there be from desperate Republican members of Congress. These sharks are not clueless to the fact that most Americans don't want what they have previously offered nor do they want what they are currently offering in the Graham-Cassidy legislation to replace Obamacare. That's why they hide like cowards from their constituency when they go home on breaks.

Donald Trump called one of the Republicans' healthcare proposals MEAN after he celebrated its House passage with Republican House members on the White House lawn. Trump will sign into law any MEAN and HEARTLESS healthcare legislation Republicans can push through, if it means he can brag about it as a win for him and if it dismantles Obamacare. Trump doesn't care how many people lose healthcare coverage or how MEAN and HEARTLESS the coverage is that is being proposed.

Hmmm, is there a hidden provision in Last Ditch Effort #4 to exclude members of Congress from having to participate, like with the other last ditch effort proposals?

I am going to make a prediction the bill wont pass

I agree with you kenya 12 your predictions have been spot on but let just it does pass they will own it and be responsible for one sixth of the economy exploding and they cant say obama did it they will be responsible for it and it has been reported that they have been getting a lot of pressure from their donors to pass the sick bill but I like you say it wont pass too many people are against it

User avatar
mollycoddle
Posts: 2297
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby mollycoddle » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:39 am

Looky here.

Massive festering anal wart Sean Spicer kinda touchy about these notebooks.

Wonder why? :lol:

Another potential Mueller honey pot: Spicer's notebooks
https://www.axios.com/another-potential-mueller-honey-pot-spicers-notebooks-2487861790.html


Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Back to Top