Democratic no bash part 2

Dish on the soaps, primetime TV shows, or just chat about whatever is on your mind.
SaraG1000

Re: Democratic no bash part 2

Postby SaraG1000 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 pm

2much time wrote:I can't believe the hypocrisy of the Republicans! How can they launch an ethics investigation into Al Franken but the kiss the ring of the Sexual Predator in Chief?? When will we see an ethics investigation into Trump's ADMITTED sexual predation? They begrudgingly denounce Roy Moore and believe his accusers but not Trump's? ARRRRGGG! I can't take it anymore! I'm taking to my bed. Please wake me in 2020 or when the impeachment hearings begin! If the Democrats take back the House in 2018 and don't begin impeachment proceedings on DAY ONE I am driving to Washington and hounding every last one until they do.

Al Franken requested the investigation.

2much time

Postby 2much time » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:15 pm

SaraG1000 wrote:
2much time wrote:I can't believe the hypocrisy of the Republicans! How can they launch an ethics investigation into Al Franken but the kiss the ring of the Sexual Predator in Chief?? When will we see an ethics investigation into Trump's ADMITTED sexual predation? They begrudgingly denounce Roy Moore and believe his accusers but not Trump's? ARRRRGGG! I can't take it anymore! I'm taking to my bed. Please wake me in 2020 or when the impeachment hearings begin! If the Democrats take back the House in 2018 and don't begin impeachment proceedings on DAY ONE I am driving to Washington and hounding every last one until they do.

Al Franken requested the investigation.

I did hear that he requested the investigation and good for him. I'm certain he will accept whatever punishment the ethics committee decides. That being said, I am extremely disappointed by his behavior. But if he goes then they all must go. $16,000,000 (in taxpayer dollars) has been spent in the last several years settling claims for sexual harassment in the House and Senate. Re-open those cases and subject them to the same punishment as Sen Franken may face. I believe all offenders regardless of party affiliation should suffer the same fate. If Al Franken must step down, so should all the others, beginning with Trump.

BrianRose

Postby BrianRose » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:16 pm

Oh, NO, Trump did not go there. The self-admitted sexual assaulter of women goes after Al Franken! Mitch McConnell, liver lilied Paul Ryan and other hypocritical GOP members of Congress believe Roy Moore's accusers and think he should bow out of the race for his dastardly behavior. I, too, believe Moore's accusers and think he should slither away in a sewer drain in Alabama. Roy Moore, however, denies the sexual assault allegations, and we don't have actual proof of him on tape bragging about pedophilia behavior and trolling for teenage girls. Donald Trump, OTOH, has actually admitted to sexually assaulting women and there is video tape of him admitting to it and bragging about his predatory behavior. Over a dozen women have come forward and accused Trump of sexually assaulting or harassing them. As with Roy Moore's accusers, I EMPHATICALLY believe Trump's accusers.

Here's what I can't square. GOP members of Congress saying they believe Moore's accusers and Moore should drop out of the senate race; :roll: YET, they heard with their very own ears Trump admitting and bragging about sexually assaulting women, but none of them (Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan or others) have stated they believe Trump's accusers and Trump should step down.

Like Trump, Moore has threatened to sue the very women he preyed upon. Like Trump, it's not going to happen because they both know they are guilty as sin.

2much time

Postby 2much time » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:12 pm

Roy Moore was 38 when he started dating his wife Kayla who was 23. His predilection for young girls was evident then.

loveridge

Postby loveridge » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Not justifying what franklin did because it was horrible but at least he owned up to it and apologized unlike trump and the pedophile from alabama

mrs mustard

Postby mrs mustard » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:30 pm

I have followed Al Franken's career off and on ever since he was on Saturday Night Live, years and years ago. I liked him then and still like him. He was and is a bit weird at times, but his heart always seems to be in the right place.
It pains me deeply to hear this news about him. True to character, he admitted to the incident and offered his apology. If he is forced to retire from the senate, we will lose a very hard working and caring advocate.
I had even been thinking he might have a chance at the presidential bid in 2020, but I guess that is gone for ever. I feel sorry for his wife and kids. Sad days.

SaraG1000

Postby SaraG1000 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 pm

2much time wrote:Roy Moore was 38 when he started dating his wife Kayla who was 23. His predilection for young girls was evident then.

I'm thinking of when I was 23 and what a 38 year old man would have looked like to me. Ewwww, how could she?

I believe the women that I have heard in relation to Roy Moore. But, I'm skeptical of, Leeann Tweeden, the one who Al Franken is in trouble over. She seems to enjoy the attention and notoriety from this current exposure. I'm sick of her story and how she delivers it. I saw the photo of him touching her but something about her story does not add up for me. As a rule, I usually do not doubt women who have the courage to reveal these things, but there's something about her and her story that makes me feel something is being left out.

Return to “Soaps.com Lounge”